Marko Dano

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Hey it was Stanley who believed he was answer to #1LW spot and could replace what was lost with Saad

It is also not unreasonable to expect that Dano build off his success in Columbus and at this time there are no positives in Dano's game or time with Hawks organization

He has been disappointment in both NHL and AHL and I don't understand why you take issue with this point

Dano has struggled bigtime ,, it is what it is

I won't deny that he's been a bit of a disappointment so far, but that's where patience comes into play. It's pretty ignorant to claim Stanley thought Dano would replace Saad right away. Stanley and most reasonable people can see Dano's top 6 potential, and reasonable people don't have the patience of a child.

There are also plenty of positives in Dano's game. He just needs some time to show them. You're really exaggerating the whole situation, but what else is new.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
He is a good #3C but is not a true #2C and at end of day he doesn't justify giving up Saad

So much wrong with this. First, giving up Saad for that #3C is a hell of a lot better than losing him to an offer sheet and some picks.

Second, our pretend #2C is actually really good at pretending. He's so good at pretending in fact, that the Predators locker room board thought he was really our #1C in disguise last night.

Is Saad better than Anisimov? Yes. Will Saad continue to get better and further widen the gap? Yes. Is Saad at that contract a fit for this team moving forward?

NO.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
BWC, give it up, man. He has been the perfect solution to our #2C slot that we have needed for years. Also, can you link me to a quote where Bowman said Dano would replace Saad as #1LW?

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
AA has not been a passenger on that line at all. He has made some awesome power moves to get goals. and Sticking his body in his the goalies face is something not all players are willing to do.

If the Hawks don't win another cup post-Saad, who can say they would win another one with him?
Thats just nonsense.

Completely agree. Anisimov has been awesome in front of the net and has shown some very good handles for some nice goals. Are Kane/Panarin benefiting him? Of course...but he has been great by himself.

The guy has a 20% + shooting percentage, and he's not just getting open nets.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I know what a development process is and how it works. You clearly do not.

What does it indicate developmentally when a player 1st goes to AHL and scores.71 PPG and gets called up to NHL and scores .60 PPG then gets traded, has a bad camp and bad early NHL season playing with the superstars that Saad played with and goes back to AHL and scores .60 PPG?

That trajectory would indicate what exactly?

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
...bad early NHL season playing with the superstars that Saad played with...

Oh you mean the THIRTEEN games. Because that's what he played. And the vast majority of those many, many games were with the superstars of the third and fourth lines. Those lines, where he averaged a whopping 9 mins per game.

Shocking. Truly shocking he didn't light the world on fire.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What does it indicate developmentally when a player 1st goes to AHL and scores.71 PPG and gets called up to NHL and scores .60 PPG then gets traded, has a bad camp and bad early NHL season playing with the superstars that Saad played with and goes back to AHL and scores .60 PPG?

That trajectory would indicate what exactly?

It tells me he is learning a a new system. That is pretty obvious with the Hawks prospects and how they develop. It takes time.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Oh you mean the THIRTEEN games. Because that's what he played. And the vast majority of those many, many games were with the superstars of the third and fourth lines. Those lines, where he averaged a whopping 9 mins per game.

Shocking. Truly shocking he didn't light the world on fire.

You have it a bit backward me thinks.

He was gifted the 1LW, struggled couldn't do much. Was moved down the lineup and ice time reduced until away to Rockford.

That is how it went.

Along with training camp and exhibition games.

Why was Panarin able to get it right away?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He was gifted the 1LW, struggled couldn't do much. Was moved down the lineup and ice time reduced until away to Rockford.

That is how it went.

Panarin is 23 and played professionally for years before that. Keep reaching.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

That is how it went.

Because he's been a professional hockey player for at least 7 years?

Dano will be fine. Whether the Hawks want to wait for him or move him for something more immediate is another question.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Is straight to the NHL the norm? No. You are reaching and you know what the norm is.

Umm his pro season was split between AHL and NHL but sometimes we forget.

Actually every Hawk that played 40 NHL games never went back to RFD, unless you count Bickell this year, but that's a different situation.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Umm his pro season was split between AHL and NHL but sometimes we forget.

He played two games then was sent down to the O. I recall him playing 8 games with the Hawks then being sent down to Rockford but this is where it is fuzzy.

The two training camp is a huge factor though. You have to remember the Hawks were also monitoring his game in the OHL after he was drafted and would give him working points.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anisimov has benefited from playing with best player in NHL and best rookie in NHL

Like Dave Bolland in 2009 ,, When paired with offensive skilled players Davey overachieved offensively to point some crowned him "The Hawks #2C answer"

Anisimov has scored goals and credit to him for many of those goals being from his willingness to go to net or his hands close

But Anisimov is not talented enough offensively to contribute much on his own and his game is still that of a 3rd line C

He is simply doing the little things required of him and despite his success it does not justify losing Saad

Do you even hockey?

defact0

Jul 24, 2014
Like Dave Bolland in 2009 ,, When paired with offensive skilled players Davey overachieved offensively to point some crowned him "The Hawks #2C answer"

nobody crowned him as that

let me add that bolland was my favorite hawk up until he was traded, but ironically I tend to have an immense soft spot for archetypal 3Cs. bolland was never going to succeed at 2C, and we all knew that.

funnily enough, I've always liked Anisimov for the same "3C" reason, and I was psyched when we got him. however, to suggest that Kane's increased success this year just comes from Panarin is far-fetched at best. he may have been 3C before, but he's empirically 2C now. let it go.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
AA is having a great season and doing all the right things. He's a big factor in Panarin's transition to the NHL.

We have seen Kane suck on lines with quality wingers before. This line just gels. 2C we have been waiting for? This is really the 1st line right now. I still don't get why the Saad trade is being measured by the performance of Dano and AA as an = trade off, Stan did a great job considering. Time will tell with Dano.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
having a guy like AA around finally helps us with C depth. We finally have that 2nd Top6 C behind Toews.

Anisimov is doing all the Little things right on this line and he helps them in a big way. He is a contributor and still needed on this line.

I'd take Saad back, but we won that trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad