Marko Dano

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The key piece of the Saad trade. CBJ's 1st round pick in the 2013 draft.

Born in Austria but grew up in Slovakia and represents Slovakia internationally.

He played for the same team Trencin that Hossa did - it seems that a lot of the prominent Slovak players played for the same organization.

Last season, Dano split time b/w CBJ and its AHL affiliate. In his 35 games w/ CBJ, Dano put up 8g & 13a (21pts).

Welcome Marko!

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
The key piece of the Saad trade. CBJ's 1st round pick in the 2013 draft.

Born in Austria but grew up in Slovakia and represents Slovakia internationally.

He played for the same team Trencin that Hossa did - it seems that a lot of the prominent Slovak players played for the same organization.

Last season, Dano split time b/w CBJ and its AHL affiliate. In his 35 games w/ CBJ, Dano put up 8g & 13a (21pts).

Welcome Marko!

true, the Cup has visited Slovakia 8 times in last 8 years and 8x it was that small Trencin town.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Very dangerous player for the Slovaks in the WJC20. High floor, high ceiling. Same size as Panarin and Teravainen. Smaller sized but not sub 5'9. Posted strong first year numbers. Hossa will be a good mentor for Dano. Same jr team as Hossa.

THW

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Very dangerous player for the Slovaks in the WJC20. High floor, high ceiling. Same size as Panarin and Teravainen. Smaller sized but not sub 5'9. Posted strong first year numbers. Hossa will be a good mentor for Dano. Same jr team as Hossa.

THW

its funny to me that Saad whom many including myself have touted as hose lite gets traded in a package that gets us Dano in a package that is compared to hossa lite and plays in the same slovakian team that Hossa did....I bet Q roles with Dano-JT-hossa

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Don't underestimate how having a legendary player from his home country to teach him and mentor him will benefit. Look what it did with Jake Voracek when he had Jagr mentor him. I know Hossa isn't Jagr-like legend. But Hossa can really teach this kid. He's going to be a good one for you and I wish him and Arty nothing but the best.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Don't underestimate how having a legendary player from his home country to teach him and mentor him will benefit. Look what it did with Jake Voracek when he had Jagr mentor him. I know Hossa isn't Jagr-like legend. But Hossa can really teach this kid. He's going to be a good one for you and I wish him and Arty nothing but the best.

agreed that hossa will mentor Dano but you do know that Dano was born in Austria?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I like Dano. He is a good young Player that is willing to do it all. Fast skater and fun to watch.
You guys will like him after game 1 and the banner raise.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
yes but from Austria

he was born in Austria, because his father, Jozef Dano (btw. also former national team player) played hockey in austrian "Nationalliga" that year, that's all his connection to that nice country.

214 pounds -5-10ish

Probably stronger than he looks.

despite of his size he has thrown more hits per game than Bickell has ...

Last edited:

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
I think Q puts him with Anisimov on the 3rd line. Seems like a relatively easy decision to me.

The big ? is now who will be playing 1LW with Toews and Hossa... Panarin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad