Player Discussion: Mark S Discussion

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
A line of 27 55 91 could be hella exciting. You'd have to match them carefully but I could see that line outproducing the opposition 2nd line.

Give 81 80 71 the power v power match-up along with 25 17 26 in certain situations.

Finish it off with 12 9 21 and cycle in 19, 93 and 87 based on performance and I think you might have something

27 55 91 would be a hella nightmare defensively therefore, unless they control the play in the o-zone it will be ugly in the d-zone. It is obvious 26-55-? at this point are not any better but I really think the only solution is to move 55 for a top dman. Something has changed. We may never know what but a change of scenery would do both sides good.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The only other cautionary tale I would submit is that many Flames fans were wanting to dump Johnny Hockey last year after two down seasons and the team in the crapper. Now it looks like he’s on his way to a 100 point season.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I find there's too much wrong with him for the Jets. I used to want him as captain but glad he never was.

I find he's getting angry about Dubois being a number one centre when he used to be. But not only that, it seems as he gets insecure and bullies players that he feels are succeeding greater than he is. I find he's also shown to be a poor sport and a huge crybaby, for example the Jake Evans hit. If I'm being honest he might just be one of the biggest crybabies in the league.

For some reason I see Scheifele getting traded to San Jose, if not San Jose either New York or Boston. But I think at the end of the day he just wants to be the number one centre and he's happy. But I think we could get a large haul for him given he's still a good centreman, like I'm talking prospects and high picks.

I still like Scheifele as a player, but it's just time for the Jets and him to part ways.

'There's no crying in hockey, its a man's game.'

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I'm not trading Scheifele this offseason, what I do as a new coach is call in Wheeler cause lets face it he is not going anywhere and Scheifele , tell them they will no longer be on the same line and Wheeler will be on PP2, no buy in and moves need to be made. Play Scheifele with Ehlers and Perfetti D warts and all.

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
When I post that it is ridiculous 55 wears the A it is because of his lacklustre hustle and attention to defence which has been well-documented by numerous media all season.
So when you say that is fiction I have to disagree.

I don't think that was the fan fiction referred to.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What’s ever happen behind the scene needs to be sort out. Mark no longer the clutch player he used to be. Skates around and doesn’t drive the play. Unless he turns it around, not interested in watching him in Jets uniform

And this is not the fan fiction either.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My main issue with this potential line is that they stylistically would be a one and done , generate scoring off the rush line. None of the three have any inclination to check aggressively and create turnovers (puck retreival/puck pursuit) .My view is that you need such type on every line to be competitive - as evidenced by DuBois/Connor working better with Svetch.

Ehlers for all his pluses has never been known for aggressively checking/pursuing ala someone like Guentzel for instance. Scheif has shown reluctance to do this work himself, does too much stick checking and fly-by checking, and prefers to find soft spots in the D so as to finish. Perfetti's entire game is founded upon playing back somewhat and anticipating where the puck may finally go, then interrupting and creating plays for his linemates. I'm not sure that this line would generate the scoring chances many anticipate.

Perfetti in the AHL and junior was a very good puck pursuit player. It just might take him awhile to get up to speed to do so physically in the NHL. In those lower leagues he's very good at driving g sustained offensive time. He's far from a one and done type player.

Clearly it mostly comes down to what a new coach can get out of Scheifele. If a new coach can't get him to round out his game and up his level then you need to move him as it becomes nearly impossible to build a good line around him if you need very specific high end pieces to make it work.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
27 55 91 would be a hella nightmare defensively therefore, unless they control the play in the o-zone it will be ugly in the d-zone. It is obvious 26-55-? at this point are not any better but I really think the only solution is to move 55 for a top dman. Something has changed. We may never know what but a change of scenery would do both sides good.
We could assume they will be a nightmare defensively however ehlers has shown he backchecks hard and Perfetti is a smart player. They might struggle a bit against a cycle in our zone but they should have pretty good exits. Is be willing to try it

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Perfetti in the AHL and junior was a very good puck pursuit player. It just might take him awhile to get up to speed to do so physically in the NHL. In those lower leagues he's very good at driving g sustained offensive time. He's far from a one and done type player.

Clearly it mostly comes down to what a new coach can get out of Scheifele. If a new coach can't get him to round out his game and up his level then you need to move him as it becomes nearly impossible to build a good line around him if you need very specific high end pieces to make it work.
We could have used Lundell immediately…

Reactions: mazmin

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We could assume they will be a nightmare defensively however ehlers has shown he backchecks hard and Perfetti is a smart player. They might struggle a bit against a cycle in our zone but they should have pretty good exits. Is be willing to try it

I'm hoping a new coach can get Mark back on track. That needs to happen if we hope to get back into the mix and make some noise in the playoffs.

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
I don't care who you put on Sheifs line, they are going to be screwed if their center doesnt hold up his part of the defensive play. I think Wheeler's problem is he no longer able to keep up to the opposition's top lines. He'd be fine matched against 3rd lines. As far as having that much $ being played on your 3rd, it happens to lots of teams. This teams biggest problem is having a # 1 center who refuses to play his part in team defense and refuses to " engage "

Reactions: Teemusalami204

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The new coach should tell Wheeler to adapt his game because he is the RW on Lowry's line.
PLD Scheif Ehlers KFC Perfetti and Helle, to me, are untouchable this summer. I'm not sure JMo is or not.

Slamberg looked very ready in his limited time and Heinola is ready and with JMo our 1LHD and Stanimal playing 3LHD, Chevy should trade Dillon at the TD.
That or include one of Heinola or Stanimal (preferably) to Philly with some draft picks for Konecny.
Stanimal and whatever we get for Copper at the TD and Hark/KV for Konecny?
We have JMo, Dillon, Stanley, Heinola and Samberg all ready to play in the NHL. He's gotta do something with at least one of them, no?

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The new coach should tell Wheeler to adapt his game because he is the RW on Lowry's line.
PLD Scheif Ehlers KFC Perfetti and Helle, to me, are untouchable this summer. I'm not sure JMo is or not.

Slamberg looked very ready in his limited time and Heinola is ready and with JMo our 1LHD and Stanimal playing 3LHD, Chevy should trade Dillon at the TD.
That or include one of Heinola or Stanimal (preferably) to Philly with some draft picks for Konecny.
Stanimal and whatever we get for Copper at the TD and Hark/KV for Konecny?
We have JMo, Dillon, Stanley, Heinola and Samberg all ready to play in the NHL. He's gotta do something with at least one of them, no?

Dillion is my pick to move out. We could use his cap hit elsewhere. We also need room for Ville.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Dillion is my pick to move out. We could use his cap hit elsewhere. We also need room for Ville.
I'm hoping Heinola and Samberg play well enough that Stanimal is the 4LHD out of TC.
Dillon will bring a very nice return at the TD or Philly needs D men, they might be an off-season trade partner if he isn't moved this season.
You would think Dillon would bring back a 1st, no?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I am quite happy with Cole over Lundell and since we don't have him there is no point thinking about it.
If the Chevy as GM discussion is about to ramp up - there is definitely a point…. I like Cole but did he address a need this franchise had more so than Lundell - that answer is no

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
If the Chevy as GM discussion is about to ramp up - there is definitely a point…. I like Cole but did he address a need this franchise had more so than Lundell - that answer is no
lundell is a good player, but he plays on a stacked team... it's not even 2 years after that draft way to early to be complaining about the player we picked...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad