Player Discussion: Mark S Discussion

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I doubt that Dach would be off the table for Scheifele. He’s a high pick but he hasn’t done a ton yet for them and Scheifele, for all of his warts, his a PPG #1 C. I guess it depends on what they’re trying to do, but if they want to win again with Toews/Kane, then adding Scheif makes sense.

Seriously, if guys like Dach (recent top pick/high prospect who has underwhelmed since coming to the NHL) are off the table then I think you need to think long and hard about moving Scheifele because there’s no sense moving him if you’re only gonna be a get a B prospect and a 1st.

Reactions: GreenLine

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Has anyone in the media asked Mark directly about his (apparentl) lack of "giver"? Or specifically his lackluster back checks/fly bys ? Anyone know?

If not they should. You can be respectful and ask those pointed questions. Even seeing his body language on his responses can be revealing

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who knows, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire yet.

They'd be more likely to try and peddle Strome. They'd add of course, but he is the C they would offer in exchange. Don't know how they would make up the rest of the value. They really don't have a lot to offer.

Reactions: surixon

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I doubt that Dach would be off the table for Scheifele. He’s a high pick but he hasn’t done a ton yet for them and Scheifele, for all of his warts, his a PPG #1 C. I guess it depends on what they’re trying to do, but if they want to win again with Toews/Kane, then adding Scheif makes sense.

Seriously, if guys like Dach (recent top pick/high prospect who has underwhelmed since coming to the NHL) are off the table then I think you need to think long and hard about moving Scheifele because there’s no sense moving him if you’re only gonna be a get a B prospect and a 1st.

I just don't think it fits their timeline to move him. I'd expect it has more to do with wanting to have Scheifele and Dach as their top guys than the level of prospect Dach is.

I'm not looking at it as just pure value vacuum but also what would they be looking to do going forward.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, I have zero interest in Strome as the main piece.

He wouldn't be the main piece - except for the fact Hawks don't have anything suitable for a main piece to add to Strome. Except Dach or DeBrincat. They don't even have a 1st this year.

Even if they were willing to offer Dach, what would they add?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just don't think it fits their timeline to move him. I'd expect it has more to do with wanting to have Scheifele and Dach as their top guys than the level of prospect Dach is.

I'm not looking at it as just pure value vacuum but also what would they be looking to do going forward.

I mean they play Toews ans Strome ahead of him in their lineup when all our healthy so it doesn't strike me as thatboutlandish that they'd move him and go with Mark, Toews and Strome down the middle. But who really knows. I have no clue what their plan is, the half assed their rebuild and then went right to trading major futures for good now players.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He wouldn't be the main piece - except for the fact Hawks don't have anything suitable for a main piece to add to Strome. Except Dach or DeBrincat. They don't even have a 1st this year.

Even if they were willing to offer Dach, what would they add?

An unprotected 2023 first

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
An unprotected 2023 first

:laugh: Nobody trades unprotected 1sts anymore. Even if they expect to win the SC, they put that clause in, just in case. At the very least it would be top 1 protected. :laugh:

Totally unprotected, it would be worth considering. A riverboat gambler GM would go for it. Even if you don't win the lottery with it next year, you can be pretty confident of getting a high pick in a strong draft.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I mean they play Toews ans Strome ahead of him in their lineup when all our healthy so it doesn't strike me as thatboutlandish that they'd move him and go with Mark, Toews and Strome down the middle. But who really knows. I have no clue what their plan is, the half assed their rebuild and then went right to trading major futures for good now players.

I think they will try to get rid of Strome well before Dach, and Toews, who knows when he'd be back. I think the Jones trade was with the long term in mind.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I really think he needs a change of scenery.

He is a good player and will put up points wherever he goes but will those be points to win games??
He will also never accept the c2 role here, which is problematic.
If the can get a top dman for him then move him, if not then hold on an accept him for his faults.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Crazy thing is they didn't used to be this bad defensively. Once they got to this point is when Maurice deemed them a finished product and said they didn't need to be coached anymore.

Or the same time the defence was decimated..

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014

He most likely held similar views on other players and organizations when he was still employed as a referee. If you dont think other, current, referees share similar sentiments and that they let their emotions dictate whether they call penalties on teams or not, and try to decide games, I don't know what other evidence you need.

Referees are anything but the "professionals" that you are spoon fed they are. They're also not allowed to be criticized as per the NHL. Nice system they have going on there.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
The Kings might be a decent trade partner. Lots of prospects and young players.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Tim Peel goes on my Xmas card list. True North ass kissing toadie Paterson gets a lump of coal.

I'll bet Peel's sentiment is widely shared in the ref community. You have to wonder how many unfavourable calls or non-calls go the Jets way because the refs are sick of listening to ScheifMe or Helly whining in their ears, or Ehlers trying to make them look bad with his regular display of "soccer skills".

Reactions: Al Camino

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I love stats as much as the next guy but when you have charts saying Pietrangelo is the worst defensive defenseman in the NHL and Pelech is the best you need to take a second to think that one out.
It doesn’t say that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad