Player Discussion: Mark S Discussion

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
And would the same intense expression on a male journalist be considered creepy?
Nice to see Inanna back and posting. Must be back from the West, after a nice relaxing summer, or maybe found a real hot boyfriend to keep her occupied over the summer. Look forward to more posts, as it's always nice to get the female perspective on things. :naughty:

Reactions: macmaroon

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
“Open to staying” is a lot different than “I want to stay”.
Both Helle and Scheif, will say their open to staying, even if their not. They have to be here this season for sure, so there is no benefit to say, I'm outa here, at the end of the season, and have fans mad at them and maybe booing them. This way they give the fans hope that maybe they're re -signing here, and they will get fan support. It's a smart way to do things. I remember Mathew Tkachuk saying the same thing in Calgary last year, and at season's end, he was "gone."

Last edited:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Both Helle and Scheif, will say their open to staying, even if their not. They have to be here this season for sure, so there is no benefit to say, I'm outa here, at the end of the season, and have fans mad at them and maybe booing them. This way they give the fans hope that maybe they're resigning here, and they will get fan support. It's a smart way to do things. I remember Mathew Tkachuk saying the same thing in Calgary last year, and at season's end, he was "gone."
Oh they’ll definitely be resigning from Winnipeg.

Re-signing? Not so much.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If they haven't talked to Scheif at all about what he even wants I think he's probably gone, or at least the plan was to try and trade him this summer

I am not surprised that the Jets didn’t talk to Scheifele’s camp yet. He hasn’t taken his game seriously for awhile. I figure the game plan was to see if there were any knock out offers this summer and if not, see what Scheifele brings to the table in a contract year. The decision will very likely happen near the TDL (extension, traded or used as self-rental).

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Nice to see Inanna back and posting. Must be back from the West, after a nice relaxing summer, or maybe found a real hot boyfriend to keep her occupied over the summer. Look forward to more posts, as it's always nice to get the female perspective on things. :naughty:
I'm not really back since I spent the summer here in Winnipeg, save for 5 days at a friend's cabin. I took a bartenders' course last April/May and landed a part-time gig. Mom and baby sister flew out to visit me for a change just before school started for them and spent a long weekend here at 37C. No new boyfriend nor is one wanted, but a variety of dates of varying temperatures.

I can promise you a female perspective, but I can't promise I'll have anything original or even interesting to say. I just really love watching hockey and it's cool to hear all the 'boys' locker room' talk in here.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Wow Ken Wiebe tripping over himself to defend Scheif on WST... makes me wonder which account he is on here haha

And now saying that Wheeler was not an issue in the locker room and the buy out had nothing to do with that .... holy fk - Wiebe saying that the buyout was 'for both sides' - like just send your resume to TNSE already

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Wow Ken Wiebe tripping over himself to defend Scheif on WST... makes me wonder which account he is on here haha

And now saying that Wheeler was not an issue in the locker room and the buy out had nothing to do with that .... holy fk - Wiebe saying that the buyout was 'for both sides' - like just send your resume to TNSE already

I agree with him that the Wheeler buyout was for both sides, Wheeler had been open to a trade as early as last summer.

Also I think of the two, Wheeler was the bigger issue than Scheifele in the locker room. Don't agree with him that Wheeler wasn't an issue.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Ken Wiebe, hard at work, playing his route from SN to TNSE:

1695425004340.png

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Wiebe has more of a finger on the pulse of the Jets locker room than us rando interwebz forum posters

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

“You go through the summer and you just don’t know what’s going to happen,” Scheifele said, appearing on the Get Yer Back podcast that I host with Ryan Rishaug. “Once I actually signed, I think I actually slept like 10 hours.

“You don’t understand the weight that is actually on you until it’s actually done. The amount of stress, the amount of anxiety — just every little thought that goes through your brain. … It is a weight taken off your shoulders. But at the same time, it’s extra motivation. You want to be worth your deal. You want to be an impact player each and every night.”

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

“You go through the summer and you just don’t know what’s going to happen,” Scheifele said, appearing on the Get Yer Back podcast that I host with Ryan Rishaug. “Once I actually signed, I think I actually slept like 10 hours.

“You don’t understand the weight that is actually on you until it’s actually done. The amount of stress, the amount of anxiety — just every little thought that goes through your brain. … It is a weight taken off your shoulders. But at the same time, it’s extra motivation. You want to be worth your deal. You want to be an impact player each and every night.”
Interesting comments and no real surprise despite the contradiction vs what they tell us when asked about the status of negotiations.
When the media asks for an update during the negotiation grind, you'll typically hear these guys tell us how they don't really worry too much about contracts and they leave all of that to the agents.
Sounds like they are very much impacted by this stuff and that's no real surprise - of course they are concerned and stressed when millions are on the line - regardless of what they tell us.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I haven’t watched nearly enough hockey this season yet but what I have watched Scheif has looked really engaged all over the ice. One of the early pleasant surprises.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Such an interesting aspect to hear about from a player's mouth IMO. I can totally see Chevy accounting this in his strategy entirely. Like he had some kind of this overall plan in mind all along. He knows Scheifele and Hellebuyck very well obviously, a lot better than most people. Maybe he knew all the time if he stays patient, cool, calm and only takes a trade offer that is just too good to turn down, things might very well end up going the way they went.

1. Stay calm and don't overreact to anything
2. Involve the media in order to get the most and best possible trade offerings
3. Don't jump on only "decent" trade offerings just because "time is running out" going into the season
4. Evaluate the offers you get and share them to the players but also share the interest levels of other teams regarding the level of interest regarding a long term contract after they traded for said player
5. Said players - as you know both of them - will eventually get nervous/restless/annoyed by the uncertainy of their future
6. Present them with a sexy plan and long term offer once they seem tired of the media talk and questions about their future
7. Collect the signings

I think Chevy having planned this strategy and outcome the entire time isn't that far feteched,

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00