Player Discussion: Mark S Discussion

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
"Since signing the deal in 2016, Scheifele has become one of the league’s best at the center position – ranking eighth in points (500) and goals (214), fifth in even-strength goals (152) and sixth in even-strength points (360) among centers."

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
"Since signing the deal in 2016, Scheifele has become one of the league’s best at the center position – ranking eighth in points (500) and goals (214), fifth in even-strength goals (152) and sixth in even-strength points (360) among centers."

Very productive offensive player during his time in Winnipeg. We got his best years at a discount. I highly doubt he has any interest finishing his career in Winnipeg.

Funny how the “play now” asset trade market has dried up for pending UFA thitrysomethings even of Scheifele’s ilk.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I am hoping the Wheeler buy out wakes him up a bit.

Having a guy like Iafallo on his wing might help, too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am hoping the Wheeler buy out wakes him up a bit.

Having a guy like Iafallo on his wing might help, too.

Not having Blake will be an adjustment for the team and the leadership dynamics will be different. He had a huge presence.

I’m not sure what effect it will have?

Reactions: GNP

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If they haven't talked to Scheif at all about what he even wants I think he's probably gone, or at least the plan was to try and trade him this summer
I think they have been busy fielding calls and tire kickers on both Scheifele and Hellebuyck. Obviously the vultures were circling but Chevy wasn’t impressed with the offers.

I don’t know what the team’s process is on negotiating contracts during the season, but I think that if the Jets could sign Scheifele to a fair deal, they will. It’s obvious the offers weren’t attractive.

The big thing is to see where the Jets are at the trade deadline. A playoff bound team will sign both players. If they are on the outside looking in, they will take what they can get.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Think Chevy originally wanted to weigh the trade market, but also may want to see what Scheif has to offer this season - will he be committed in both ends of the ice? Will he step up to be a true leader? Or will he coast and mope?

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
So, who's the creepy, intense woman I've been noticing at the front of these scrums? I can't decide if her expression says, "I think someone wants to kill me" or "I think I want to kill someone". :laugh:

1695327005806.png

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Think Chevy originally wanted to weigh the trade market, but also may want to see what Scheif has to offer this season - will he be committed in both ends of the ice? Will he step up to be a true leader? Or will he coast and mope?

At this point he likely is what he is and what he isn't...

Best thing we can do is surround him with a two way winger, preferably two and hope the line as a whole can be a good two way line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad