Mark Fraser signs with sens

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 5s5 seconds ago
Mark Fraser, released from his tryout with Leafs, expected to sign a two-way deal worth $800,000 in NHL and $125,000 in the AHL #Sens

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Mark Fraser is really bad at hockey.

He is wonderful at hitting things, though. Slightly less so when he's on skates, but still seems to have somehow made a career out of it. It's a lesson in never giving up, really.

I assume he will spend most of the season in the AHL.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Don't we already have stortini? Why are we trying to acquire as many 240lbs goons as possible? I'd rather give our young guys more time.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Getting crowded on Bingo D:

Kostka, Claesson, Mullen, Fraser, Harpur, Lepine, Rutkowski, Sdao, Carlisle, Rumble, Tuzzolino

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
After watching buffalo run at our players knees all night ,i dont mind him here as a 8th dman from time to time .He can crack some heads for us :nod:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Kostka, Claesson, Mullen, Fraser, Harpur, Lepine, Rutkowski, Sdao, Carlisle, Rumble, Tuzzolino

The bolded are the only defencemen I really care about in Binghamton.

As long as they're getting ice time, I'm ok with pretty much anyone filling the other 4 spots, as long as the organization thinks they'll help develop the kids that matter. Fraser, Lepine, Kostka, whatever.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The bolded are the only defencemen I really care about in Binghamton.

As long as they're getting ice time, I'm ok with pretty much anyone filling the other 4 spots, as long as the organization thinks they'll help develop the kids that matter. Fraser, Lepine, Kostka, whatever.
Yep pretty much ,filler that can play the enforcer role .Also has some nhl experience,dont see the issue really pretty good depth move TBH

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Solid signing.

In the last three seasons he's played a total of 121 NHL games and only 18 AHL games. Not saying he was a particularly good NHL D man during that time, but he's being signed to be a full-time guy with Binghamton, and in that role he should succeed.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Why do we need so many face punchers? Stortini, Sdao, Lepine, and Ewanyk are all essentially just fighters. Dziurzynski fights, McCormick fights, Guptill fights. Bingo had more than enough muscle before Fraser.

Would have preferred a more skilled depth player in this situation.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Lepine, Rutkowski, Carlisle, Rumble, Tuzzolino can (and probably should) play in the ECHL

Leaves Kostka, Claesson, Mullen, Fraser, Harpur, Sdao at the AHL level. Considering Murray loves to have 8 defenseman on the big club, could mean Kostka/Claesson not available for Binghamton until Phillips is ready.

If Wikstrand comes back then it gets a little crowded, but considering we can probably count on at least one D on the big club being injured at any point in the season, it should be fine.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Why do we need so many face punchers? Stortini, Sdao, Lepine, and Ewanyk are all essentially just fighters. Dziurzynski fights, McCormick fights, Guptill fights. Bingo had more than enough muscle before Fraser.

Would have preferred a more skilled depth player in this situation.

He's an adequate AHL depth guy that just happens to fight. Decent vet signing for the farm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad