Injury Report: Mark Fraser (knee) - ON LTIR, Oct 25 earliest return date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
People really don't the small details of the game that Fraser brings. He's not the fastest guy nor does he have the greatest hockey IQ but the chances are not many guys are setting up shop in front of our goalie when Fraser is on the ice. That's his best asset. He's big and physical and he imposes that often. People may want to overlook that but I think he plays an important role when he is on his game and being used in the right capacity. Any player wearing the opposition's jersey is likely going to be falling flat on his ass if he gets anywhere close to the net with Fraser around. Hell, I've seen Fraser plenty of times shoving a guy over after the whistle just because he didn't move out of the goalie crease fast enough for Fraser's liking. He makes a statement that if you want to try and camp out in front of his goalie, he's not going to make the experience at all easy for you.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
People really don't the small details of the game that Fraser brings. He's not the fastest guy nor does he have the greatest hockey IQ but the chances are not many guys are setting up shop in front of our goalie when Fraser is on the ice. That's his best asset. He's big and physical and he imposes that often. People may want to overlook that but I think he plays an important role when he is on his game and being used in the right capacity. Any player wearing the opposition's jersey is likely going to be falling flat on his ass if he gets anywhere close to the net with Fraser around. Hell, I've seen Fraser plenty of times shoving a guy over after the whistle just because he didn't move out of the goalie crease fast enough for Fraser's liking. He makes a statement that if you want to try and camp out in front of his goalie, he's not going to make the experience at all easy for you.

+1. Fraser makes less errors than Ranger does. He doesnt hurt us, a D man that doesn't hurt us but gives us safe bottom pairing mins is invaluable for us now. We are going into game 10, Ranger's away from the game excuse is coming to an end, want to see him play steadier now that he has an AHL season +10 NHL games behind him. Or we may have to find a better option.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I guess a reasonable thing to wonder is how close is Fraser to returning?

Clearly the earliest he can return is Friday, but have I missed any updates as to how he's recovering? Doesn't really matter how helpful he is until he's actually good to go.

Mar 26, 2010
Will be nice to get Fraser back and get ranger out of the line up.

Tyler Biggs*

He's a key piece of the Leafs and will make a big contribution when he comes back.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
He's a key piece of the Leafs and will make a big contribution when he comes back.

"key piece" is probably stretching it a little, but he brings something to the table that none of the other D men bring.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Fraser is precisely what our backline is missing at the moment. He should replace Ranger as opposed to Rielly in my opinion.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
We still haven't iced a full line up yet.

Want to see what

Dion/Gunnar
Franson/Rielly
Gardiner/Fraser/Ranger

can do before we make any big moves, but I would prefer to shelter Rielly with Fraser on the 3rd pairing, easing him in. Unless Gardiner or Ranger can fill in a top 4 role with us, a deal may be are only way to improve our defence.

Bozak JVR Kessel
Kadri Lupul Kule
Bolland Clarkson Raymond
Mcclement Orr Mclaren

seem set.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Lots of someones, sounds like.

Yeh, not sure why people think that it's going to be Ranger or Rielly out.

On another note, if a guy like Franson NEEDS a player like Fraser to be effective in the lineup, he really needs to rethink his contract demands.

Mr Scarface*

I'm guessing Carlyle is going to be happy to have him back, as he gives the Leafs a real physical presence on the defense.

Yep, I'm sure also of that. We don't have a tower like Chara playing that physigame, but glad we have Phaneuf and Fraser. We really really need them BOTH.

Our other D.... Gardiner, Franson(not using his size that much to his advantage).. Reilly, Gustavsson etc. Fraser is really welcomed back. Our forwards on the other side... are the hardest in the league.

Combining our Coach Carlyle, 2 d-man fraser and phaneuf to our crazy forwards... it makes us the hardest team in the league. Even our goalies are tough enough. Clarkson, Orr, Frazer McLaren, Bodie, Bolland, Kadri Broll gives us a mad advantage to other soft teams. Carlyle has proved us right already. Us being the hardest team in the league. Boston comes close, but right now if we took a team fight with all of our players healthy, Boston would run away. Lucic would be the only one standing and yelling with Zdeno Chara and them two would be fighting against our big guys. Lucic and Zhara might even lift some of our players in the air and scream madly!! King kong ain't got **** on me!!!!!!!

Asif16*

I'm guessing Carlyle is going to be happy to have him back, as he gives the Leafs a real physical presence on the defense.

Yup. Carlyle loves his game and willl no doubt play him once he comes back. We miss his physical presence from the backend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad