Injury Report: Mark Fraser (knee) - ON LTIR, Oct 25 earliest return date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Twisted knee isn't too bad. A few weeks at the very most. We have Rielly up for a reason :handclap:

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
could be just a few games. gives rielly an opportunity to get in the lineup but leaves us without a really reliable shutdown presence

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
just the kind of injuries we didn't need, hurt for a while, not long enough for LTIR, 1 more of those and we're screwed by the cap to even ice a full roster

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Rielly time!

it sucks but it gives us the 9 games(well maybe) to get to see what Rielly is worth.

just might bite us if one of the other d-man suck it up.

n1ck13

Jul 28, 2013
just the kind of injuries we didn't need, hurt for a while, not long enough for LTIR, 1 more of those and we're screwed by the cap to even ice a full roster

Great point... beat me to it, first question I was thinking, bad enough for LTIR, if not, that really is gonna be a problem.

Asif16*

Fraser leaving on crutches could be precautionary. Medical staff telling him not to put much pressure on it maybe?

He seemed fine after the rosehill hit. He immediately got up and grabbed rinaldo. He served his full penalty in the box. He was up giving kulemin a pat in the back after kuli got called for a penalty.

So, maybe its not that serious. Didnt want to make it worse....

Asif16*

I wonder if Andrew MacWilliam will be called up. Rielly can't really replicate Fraser's game unless Ranger is able to significantly enhance his physical game.

Yeah thats what im thinking. I think reilly will come in for Gardiner or Ranger.

I feel like macwilliams may be called up to take fraser spot, since he play that physical style more.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
Sucks, but at least it wasn't a head injury.

Fraser has been a mean SOB so far this season though. Loving his game.

Asif16*

We cant call anyone up unless Fraser is out 10 game and 24 days.

Well nvm then. Its reilly for fraser then. Gonna miss frasers crease clearing ability though and his mean toughness from the backend though.

All our tough guys are gone i swear lol. Mclaren, CLarkson and now fraser.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Not sure what the recovery process is like for a twisted knee but I hope he has a speedy recovery.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah thats what im thinking. I think reilly will come in for Gardiner or Ranger.

I feel like macwilliams may be called up to take fraser spot, since he play that physical style more.

IMO you can't do that to a player, he's been sitting waiting patiently for 2 games to show the team what he can do. Rielly needs to be playing hockey, he can only learn so much in practice.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
perfect timing to get Rielly in there for the home opener.

would be nice if the dcorps performed well with Rielly in instead of Fraser....might encourage Randy not to think of fraser as an automatic anymore.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
If anyone gets called up to fill Fraser's spot it will be Holzer, unfortunately. I'd like to see Brennan called up to be the Leafs 7th defenseman, he looked good in pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad