Confirmed with Link: Marincin on waivers

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Don't think we're signing Polak. Lou was very clear about Polak not making the team after Saturday. It could be Rosen, but not sure what the incentive would be to have Marincin on the opening night roster and Rosen not, only for that to change one day later without either playing.
Exactly it, makes no sense. There is something else at play here.

Reactions: egd27

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I hope this isn't to bring up Rosen to sit in the press box every other game. Marincin was the perfect guy to be the #7.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
AT LEAST a year over due but it's done they finally see what we all saw Marincin isn't good enough

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Could be because we want to claim pickard and needed a roster spot? I don't think the rosen idea makes sense, its either pickard or a trade imo.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not that I care much (although I still believe Marincin can be a good D-men if not now then in future);

Why waive him at the risk of losing him? It is not like we were running short on 23 man roster such that there was a risk of losing Marincin or someone else.

Trade in works?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Can be an effective player but still has these odd mental lapses. Mirtle says he seems like he lacks confidence

He just seems to me like he makes the same kind of plays no matter the situation
I don’t think there’s a big hurry to sign Polak, especially with Rosen waiting in the wings

Reactions: JustAShadow

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
I don't think Marincin gets claimed - jmo!

Feel confident he will be. They clearly tried to move him for a late pick to give him a chance to play and no one bit. That said, if no team was interested I think they’d keep him as a 7th. I think putting him on waivers this early is a indicator that they found a team that would pick him up.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not that I care much (although I still believe Marincin can be a good D-men if not now then in future);

Why waive him at the risk of losing him? It is not like we were running short on 23 man roster such that there was a risk of losing Marincin or someone else.

Trade in works?

It's pretty clear that no one wanted him through trade and the Leafs prefer/want Rosen to be part of the 23 man roster.

Only other option is to waive.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
From the look of his one pre-season game and the comments by both the coach and the GM, I didn't get the impression that anyone thinks Polak is ready to play in a regular season NHL game. I've never seen Polak's presence right now as anything other than a professional courtesy to a pro who had a tough break and who Lou L. respects.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Really like the Pickard option but would he even make it to Leafs waiver selection as a playoff team and last years standings the order of claim?

There are 14 non playoff teams at least he would have to pass by unclaimed first. Just like Subban the other day, where we will never know if Leafs put in a claim attempt with Vegas claiming him with a higher selection.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I like the idea of a Rosen/Borgman/Carrick rotation as someone else suggested

With Marincin being waived, I be more worried if I was Carrick at the moment.

Leafs will recall Rosen, but he is unlikely to sit in the pressbox when he could play regularly on the Marlies.

So putting 2 + 2 together to get 4 then a 3rd pairing or Rosen and Borgman might be one of the main reasons to waive Marincin to be able to sit Carrick in the PB instead.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I just can’t see them waiving McBackup after signing him for 2 years one game in

Which makes the decision of signing him to a 2 year deal really dumb. They really didn't need to sign him to 2 years.

But really at the end of the day, it's about the team and it's a business. If Pickard clears waivers and throughout the season we had the chance to grab a good young goaltender for nothing while our backups can't keep up... it would suck quite a bit.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Which makes the decision of signing him to a 2 year deal really dumb. They really didn't need to sign him to 2 years.

But really at the end of the day, it's about the team and it's a business. If Pickard clears waivers and throughout the season we had the chance to grab a good young goaltender for nothing... it would suck quite a bit.

Yeah I never understood the 2 year thing either. Was that a deal-breaker or something? I highly doubt it

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It's pretty clear that no one wanted him through trade and the Leafs prefer/want Rosen to be part of the 23 man roster.

Only other option is to waive.

Wouldnt it have been better for Rosen to play mins in AHL instead of being in the pressbox?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad