Kings News: Marian Gaborik Re-Signed [7 Years @ $4.875M AAV]

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Meant it more as we don't win the Cup this year without Toffoli and Pearson playing on the second line.

Well agreed. Toffoli and Carter should have been together on the 2nd line from day one this season, Pearson I think the half season in the AHL helped him.

I can't wait to see how the 2nd line looks over a full season, I think the Kings have a chance to score a ton of goals this season and that line will be a big part of it. Amazing to think how far the team has come from November/December when the 2nd line was a huge black cloud and Kopitar didn't have a winger.

This season is going to be fun, could be the best regular season Kings team possibly of all time.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Well agreed. Toffoli and Carter should have been together on the 2nd line from day one this season, Pearson I think the half season in the AHL helped him.

I can't wait to see how the 2nd line looks over a full season, I think the Kings have a chance to score a ton of goals this season and that line will be a big part of it. Amazing to think how far the team has come from November/December when the 2nd line was a huge black cloud and Kopitar didn't have a winger.

This season is going to be fun, could be the best regular season Kings team possibly of all time.

I fully expect Voynov to rebound hard next year. I also expect Richards to show up to training camp in the best shape of his life and play wing on the third line. So many positives it's almost unfathomable to think about. I could actually see that second line scoring 70 goals (20-30-20). And I think it's also safe to say after his playoffs that Dustin Brown will be back to his normal self.

I have no doubt this will be the best LA Kings team to ever be assembled. We have a little wiggle room so Dean can work his magic at the trade deadline.

I'm so happy right now - just a supremely talented and deep team. I never thought I'd feel a high like this - especially as a Kings fan.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Toffoli and Carter had instant chemistry the second they were put together in the 2013 Hawks series.

Sutter got it done in the end, but he made some baffling decisions along the way this year. Who can forget the 15 minute Kopitar TOI games against Anaheim?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Toffoli and Carter had instant chemistry the second they were put together in the 2013 Hawks series.

Sutter got it done in the end, but he made some baffling decisions along the way this year. Who can forget the 15 minute Kopitar TOI games against Anaheim?

Love Sutter, but yeah there were some odd decisions to go along with some great ones. I'm still amazed at just how often the Kings fourth line ended up on the ice against Kane in the Chicago series, the Kings were completely in the drivers seat until the Hawks exploited that matchup and almost won the series despite the Kings being the much better squad this season, IMO.

And how on Earth did Matt Frattin start the year on the 2nd line? That was a strange one.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

Pearson 50:50 AHL to start the year.

70/77/73: I just can't see Sutter running this full time in the regular season. Sure this will be thrown out when Sutter shuffles the lines.

77/73: Only way I see these 2 together is if 73 switches to LW again.

I wouldn't mind one of 77/73 being bumped up to play with 12/11 leaving 23 playing with 28/14 and something like 70/10/(77/73)

What I fear will happen is Clifford/Lewis/Toffoli as a 4th line.

Got to get out of must win playoff mode and back into regular season mode.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I fully expect Voynov to rebound hard next year. I also expect Richards to show up to training camp in the best shape of his life and play wing on the third line. So many positives it's almost unfathomable to think about. I could actually see that second line scoring 70 goals (20-30-20). And I think it's also safe to say after his playoffs that Dustin Brown will be back to his normal self.

I have no doubt this will be the best LA Kings team to ever be assembled. We have a little wiggle room so Dean can work his magic at the trade deadline.

I'm so happy right now - just a supremely talented and deep team. I never thought I'd feel a high like this - especially as a Kings fan.

Not gonna happen, he's not an LW and can't play LW. In game for a shift w/ a Sutter shuffle, maybe. In camp as part of full rotation/duty Zero chance. Nor is there any viable reason for Sutter to do that, he's got decisions to make on wing but that isn't one of them.

You cant deny Frattin scored a lot of points in pre-season.

It feels like ages ago, but it happened.

It was not strange.

I was at a preseason game at the Pond last year and he was definitely one of the best players on the. I think there were quite a few rookies playing but there was a lot of buzz around Frattin's play leading into the season last year. Maybe some of us were seeing what we wanted to see but I thought he had a great preseason.

Mitchnesses

Hunk of Monkey Love
Jun 7, 2004
Orange County, CA

I agree with you on Voynov rebounding. A-Mart took a step back in the 2012-2013 season and rebounded nicely this past season. Can see Voynov doing something similar.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
The World is full of dumb people... Here, I expose 6,774 of them.

polldummies_zps28da9d36.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad