Kings News: Marian Gaborik Re-Signed [7 Years @ $4.875M AAV]

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
...it will happen in the next few days.

The longer we get closer to the deadline, I feel he's going to test the market.

Hopefully Lombardi will get this done soon.

Mod Edit -

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m
Kings, Gaborik agree on a seven-year contract extension.

‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
I believe that Gaborik's 7-yr deal is worth around $4.9 M or $5 M a year. I am working to confirm.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Yup, the AAV on Gaborik's deal is $4.9 M

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 40s
The exact AAV on Gaborik: $4.875 M per year. I had narrowed it down to $4.9 M but it's $4.875 M exactly

Last edited by a moderator:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Those photos of him on the beach - he loves it here. I strongly believe he stays.

I do, too, but Mitchell also loves it and he doesn't sound like he's willing to stay if it's just for a year. They are all loving life right now but who knows what will happen.

greyshuuz

Saint Trollface
May 29, 2013
the LBC
Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
My guess is it's just Bernstein being Bernstein.

Call me crazy but my impression is just about every NHLer will cling to their career until they literally can't get a contract anymore. A select few retire before they're done, that's all. Players like Mitchell and Regehr live for the game, unless their play deteriorates to the point of personal embarrassment or their clubs turn their back on them they'll still be out there.

Ron*

"It has also been speculated that veteran defenseman Robyn Regehr may also call it a career after capturing his first Stanley Cup. If he, and/or Mitchell, hangs up his skates, that may result in the Kings re-signing Greene."
htmlKings, Gaborik to begin talks (The Fourth Period)

Who was doing the speculating?

Bernstein's left nut: Hey, bro, I dink I wanna speculate somethin'.
Bernstein's right nut: What bro?
Bernstein's left nut: I dink Robyn Regehr is gonna retire; gonna want to go out on top.
Bernstein's right nut: Go out on top? I love that position.
Bernstein's left nut: :facepalm: What do you think, superbro?
Bernstein's brain: Great idea, nutty. I'm using it.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I've pointed this out before but with the Stoll deal in 2012 it was signed but took 11 days after the win to announce it. That would be next Tuesday. I just don't want him to make it till the 25th without something final. Since even though they are allowed to talk terms I think we all know that is exactly what will happen.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
who was doing the speculating?

bernstein's left nut: Hey, bro, i dink i wanna speculate somethin'.
bernstein's right nut: What bro?
bernstein's left nut: I dink robyn regehr is gonna retire; gonna want to go out on top.
bernstein's right nut: Go out on top? I love that position.
bernstein's left nut: :facepalm: What do you think, superbro?
bernstein's brain: Great idea, nutty. I'm using it.

roflmao

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm really looking forward to a full 82 game season with Gaborik and Kopitar playing together.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I'm pretty sure John Hoven & Elliote Friedman (I probably botched both names) both reported that Gaborik agreed to a contract during the playoffs with LA, something like 3 years, 5 million and they're going to announce it eventually. I'd have to find the article/interview but I'm pretty sure they talked about it right after the 'Hawks series/before the SC finals.

And yes, they did compare it to the Jarrett Stoll deal from 2012.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Gaborik has gone back to Europe. No Vegas for him! Doug McLean also said he had heard 3 years at 5 to 5.5 a few days ago so hopefully it happens.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I'm pretty sure John Hoven & Elliote Friedman (I probably botched both names) both reported that Gaborik agreed to a contract during the playoffs with LA, something like 3 years, 5 million and they're going to announce it eventually. I'd have to find the article/interview but I'm pretty sure they talked about it right after the 'Hawks series/before the SC finals.

WAS THIS THE ONE? Marian Gaborik is Likely Signing an Extension with the Kings. Rejoice!?

Elliotte Friedman reports that an extension may be announced after ... over the past seven years, and Gaborik has done ... Jewels From The Crown. Kings ... http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2...y-signing-an-extension-with-the-kings-rejoice

Last edited:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Elliote Friedman's article sounded entirely like speculation to me. "This guy did this a couple years ago, so this other guy COULD have done the same."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad