Prospect Info: Marco Rossi, Center, 9th Overall - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Random post, on KFAN this afternoon Rowsi wants to be called Rossi again. His reasoning is, Rowsi is supposed to have a rolling R, since us Americans don't do that he Likes Rossi better.

Per Brandon Mileski
If the kid can lock down a Top 6 C spot I’ll happily call him whatever he wants.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Random post, on KFAN this afternoon Rowsi wants to be called Rossi again. His reasoning is, Rowsi is supposed to have a rolling R, since us Americans don't do that he Likes Rossi better.

Per Brandon Mileski
Thank god for this post to get us off whatever was happening above.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
With the possible rumors that Hartman is going to start the season on the IR (recent Russo rumors) and Shaw out indefinitely, Minnesota has:

Eriksson-Ek, Rossi, Gaudreau, Khaira, Dewar as centers.

If Rossi doesn't end up as a second line center and/or is returned to the AHL this season, I think it's safe to chalk him up as a bust equivalent to Shep and Pouls.

Zuccs - Eriksson-Ek - Kaprizov
Johansson - Rossi - Boldy
Duhaime - Gaudreau - Foligno
Dewar - Khaira - Maroon

Should be the starting lineup. I don't see Rossi fitting into the third line as they tried that before.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

1695309181691.png

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have been critical of Rossi, but was just calling ‘‘em as I see ‘em. Wish him the best. He seems to be a very hard worker, and a good character. After a stellar junior career, I think it was a big wake up call for him to realize just how much of a step up the NHL is, especially for someone of his stature. Hopefully he, and Beckman, and others, have a great camp, and make Guerin rethink the lineup.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Changing his stride could be quite interesting. If he gets quicker with this we may just have some form of a line driver in him, maybe.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well, I have lost almost 15 lbs. in preparation for the 2023-24 posting season. I feel faster, more alert, and my typing is much more efficient. It is possible!
Losing 15 pounds and gaining 15 pounds, if lean mass at that, are entirely different

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Losing 15 pounds and gaining 15 pounds, if lean mass at that, are entirely different
yes, but both difficult.

As for Rossi, i can do without the "This is my time." comment. Just go out there and do it, don't talk about doing it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
yes, but both difficult.

As for Rossi, i can do without the "This is my time." comment. Just go out there and do it, don't talk about doing it.

I get what he's saying. Basically, "this is the year I have to show the Wild made the correct decision drafting me in 2020.".....and he would be right in that assessment.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I feel for the kid because the possibility of him breaking out is about the only thing that could get me excited for this season.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Good read. Didn't like the part about him missing his sisters wedding because the Wild would dump him in a second if he wasn't helping them. But it sounds like he made a lot of good progress in some key areas. Especially skating.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Good read. Didn't like the part about him missing his sisters wedding because the Wild would dump him in a second if he wasn't helping them. But it sounds like he made a lot of good progress in some key areas. Especially skating.
I’m hoping that sisters wedding stuff is not the wild forcing him to miss it? That would be messed up..

Reactions: MK9

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m hoping that sisters wedding stuff is not the wild forcing him to miss it? That would be messed up..

It sounded like it was his decision*

*heavily influenced by
That’s why in his end-of-the-year exit meeting general manager Bill Guerin “encouraged” Rossi that it would be a good idea for him to stick around Minnesota to work out with strength and conditioning coach Matt Harder and get on the ice with skating and skills coach Andy Ness.

Rossi’s no dummy. The encouragement was more an unofficial instruction, so he took part in the world championships, spent about a month training back home and returned to the Twin Cities for good in the second half of June.

The kid wants to make the team and be a good NHL player more than anything else, so if his GM heavily implies that it would be best for him to stay in Minnesota for the summer, he's going to forego stuff like that to try to make a good impression. But someone should have told him it would be okay for him to go home for a few days to be at his own sisters wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad