Marchand shoves Marner's head repeatedly into the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Bruins fans will say that's hockey.

Id love their reaction if some Jack ass did that to Bergeron' s face in the ice.

It wasn't the dirtiest of plays, but should have been a 2 minute roughing.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

Id love their reaction if some Jack ass did that to Bergeron' s face in the ice.

2 minutes for “you can’t do that”

Reactions: Tweaky

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

no worries, bergeron didnt even need tgat to end up scratched!

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica
Ratting it up isn't the same as dangerous, injurious suspension-worthy stuff. The ol' face smush is nothing more than trying to get under a players skin.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
So you actually think that was a case of a head being bashed into the ice?

So what’s the intent there? Is it not to bury his head into the ice lol. You peeps, I know you hate the Leafs but try to be reasonable would ya. I’m not saying it’s a suspension but it was a dirty play

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

Do you want 40 penalties a game? Because that's how you get 40 penalties a game. There are sooooooo many of these types of things that happen every game with every team. This one was hardly even worth noting other than with amusement.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
So what’s the intent there? Is it not to bury his head into the ice lol. You peeps, I know you hate the Leafs but try to be reasonable would ya. I’m not saying it’s a suspension but it was a dirty play
Check my posting history and then tell me again that I hate the Leafs.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Was Crosby dealt with?

Subban responded how Marner should have. Give him a quick "Why I oughta!" and stand up for yourself. Reminds me of the Haula/Kopitar incident - Kopitar cross-checked and sat on him to keep him from getting up, so Haula popped him in the face. Refs will let it go in the playoffs.

I'm going to focus on Marner instead, an actually classic, respectful guy.
Good on him for not retaliating, and moreso not letting his team mates retaliate for him. Respect.

It's not about being classy, it's about standing up for yourself. It's like the bully in school pushing you around, except multiplied infinitely because it's the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS. All Marner needs to do is stand up, whack Marchand in the leg with his stick, maybe give him a shove or a love-tap / face-wash. The refs will come separate them without any penalties called, and then they'll go back to the bench. Ho hum.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Eh.

It's a dirt bag move and a regular season penalty but you borderline have to kill a man to get a penalty in this series.

We cool.

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica

2 minutes, fine, I can't imagine people would disagree with that but it's the type of thing that goes uncalled all the time in the playoffs.

There's a very good reason fans of rat players love them and opposition fans hate them.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
2 min penalty and another reason to dislike Marchand.

Not suspension worthy, not thread worthy.

Why dont we just make a thread aboit Marchand being dirty so we don't make 1-3 threads about him every single game?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The HF hatred of Marchand is starting to rival the hate for the Canucks on HF in 2011.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
so now Leaf fans can feel like Canucks fans when everybody gloated at us over the Marchand Sedin incident

Reactions: Cheeks Clapinski

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
That play was hilarious. Marner went down like he had been shot. I bet a 3rd grader could push him down like that...and I am sure when he is playing with his friends after the game, it happens a lot.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
watched the reply, nowhere near as bad as Marchand on Sedin lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad