Marchand shoves Marner's head repeatedly into the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
How long do you think he will be out with concussion symptoms? Do you think it’s carrer ending? GTFO of here!

The fact that a player wasn’t injured on a dangerous play doesn’t make it any less terrible.

Not every headshot leads to a concussion, but that doesn’t mean they’re suddenly okay.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Absolutely nothing play, it’s the playoffs if that’s the worse Marner get in a game he should be lucky. Leaf fans are way to focused on Brads pest like actions.....literally a nothing play.

I’m not a fan of either team.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Another day, another Marchand dirty play

To be fair though, this one didn't look that bad

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Should warrant a suspension, hockey doesn't need any more head shots at this point.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Wow Marchand must be god. He walked around that #1 dman Reilly with that spin move like he was standing still. Oh wait...he was.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Do you want 40 penalties a game? Because that's how you get 40 penalties a game. There are sooooooo many of these types of things that happen every game with every team. This one was hardly even worth noting other than with amusement.

Yeah, I understand that, but it's not a hockey play, it easily could have been called roughing, it is what it is.

I'm not upset either way I don't have a horse in the race.

I would have loved to see Marchand shove one of our players on the ice in April.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I mean, pushing someone into the ice is an annoying f***ing play that should be a penalty, but suggesting that this is evidence that Marchand is going to end someones career doesn't seem particularly reasonable to me.

Guys have been doing that play for years, I can't think of anyone ever getting injured from it. I don't think it's inherently that dangerous, it's just an incredibly annoying rat move.

Reactions: Oryxo and Vertain

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
suggesting that this is evidence that Marchand is going to end someones career doesn't seem particularly reasonable to me.

I think its more of the principle. He keeps getting away with little things. May lead to a more serious incident if the little things are not seen and dealt with. To me another more prominent example would be the butt end to the face of Andersen in game 3

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Marchand is starting to become one of my favorite players . He’s a dick but doesn’t give 1 f*** . On top of it he’s a star who produces . Plus Boston is my 2nd team because my father is from there so Go Bruins !

Reactions: powerstuck

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Not really threadworthy, just the rat doing rat like things. He's a :eek::eek::eek::eek: and deserved a penalty there

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's not a dangerous play in any way.

I mean it's a cheap shot. He keeps holding his head down. But he didn't once slam him down in anyway, which is what i was expecting with thread title.

Poor sportsmanship 100%. But intent to injure? I don't see it.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
That one is actually kind of hilarious, but yeah, Ratboy needs to get suspended here sooner or later.

I swear to you, this is reaching the level of another specific famous person that I can't name, where they start off doing bad behavior, and it's seen as extremely ridiculous, but they start to do it so often that it just becomes "kind of hilarious" and everybody just stops caring because they're so desensitized by it happening and nobody doing anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->