Marchand shoves Marner's head repeatedly into the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Even on the scale of being a rat, that's not that bad of a play.

Have people not watched playoff hockey before?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Marchand is starting to become one of my favorite players . He’s a dick but doesn’t give 1 **** . On top of it he’s a star who produces . Plus Boston is my 2nd team because my father is from there so Go Bruins !
A pest with his level of talent is pretty much unheard of. Definitely one of the more unique players in the league.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
2 minutes for being an ass. But there was no intent to injure or real dirty play. He didn't slam his head not the ice. Just held it there.

Diehardsharks408

Mar 20, 2014
San Jose, CA
It’s a penalty but not suspension worthy imo. And calling it “shoving Marner’s head into the ice repeatedly” is a bit misleading. He does shove his head down once and then just holds it down. It’s not like he was smacking his head into the ice. Still a dirty play and worth a double minor I’d say.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm going to focus on Marner instead, an actually classic, respectful guy.

Good on him for not retaliating, and moreso not letting his team mates retaliate for him. Respect.

That is the kind of attitude we all laughed at Canucks fans for in 2011.

These Leafs have no spine whatsoever.

Bruins93

Apr 17, 2018
Boston
Aren't you the same guy who keeps posting these threads? If you aren't sorry, but if you are then you should probably stop lol

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
Wasn’t even that bad lol. I know you guys are down 3-1 in the series and looking for everything that is deemed “dirty” suspension worthy. Welcome to playoff hockey Leaf fans, I know you’re not used to it, but here it is, stuff is gonna be let go.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Honestly shocked that's all it was after reading the headline, I have criticized Marchand constantly with his antics and wasting his talent with suspensions, but this one is not much at all IMO

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Marner doing his best Sedin impression...

This isnt even a penalty. Here I thought Marchand did something wrong...

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
This makes me want Boston to win even more! What a wonderful "in your face" to the HF board softies that would be. Marchand for Smythe!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
No call on the play, but this **** has no place in the game. He needs to be dealt with before he ends someones career.

Man marchand is just living rent free in all your heads at this point. Guy f***ing wakes up and people would want him suspended.

We've all seen this play a billion times from every team. Relax.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Of all the things to pick out from any particular game, and this is the worst we can find. Quiet night i see.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Bruins fans will say that's hockey.

Id love their reaction if some Jack ass did that to Bergeron' s face in the ice.

It wasn't the dirtiest of plays, but should have been a 2 minute roughing.

So we'e going to make threads for missed 2 min penalties...?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The fact that a player wasn’t injured on a dangerous play doesn’t make it any less terrible.

Not every headshot leads to a concussion, but that doesn’t mean they’re suddenly okay.

This is now considered a headshot...? My goodness Leaf fans are not dealing with these loses well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->