• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes if we would have just kept Gallant, or fired Therrien when Babcock became available.

You know what I would have done? Hired Gallant, attach a translator to him and have him tutored until he'd have a working knowledge of French, enough for him to function and get better at his own pace. Not rocket science, there are so many ways to help a coach get through that, so many apps. He could also get extra pay and rewarded for his efforts. Gallant looked to me like a real personable guy who would be more than amenable to learning local language and culture, he comes across as so caring and respectful. He's earned his players' unconditional support for a reason. Too bad we missed out.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
You know what I would have done? Hired Gallant, attach a translator to him and have him tutored until he'd have a working knowledge of French, enough for him to function and get better at his own pace. Not rocket science, there are so many ways to help a coach get through that, so many apps. He could also get extra pay and rewarded for his efforts. Gallant looked to me like a real personable guy who would be more than amenable to learning local language and culture, he comes across as so caring and respectful. He's earned his players' unconditional support for a reason. Too bad we missed out.

Paul Maurice speak French ? He seems similar to Gallant in personality and coaching approach.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
We missed out big time, i mean come on, the guy already had the French name, that counts for a lot in this org lol. But seriously he was the glue that held this team together, when he left Therrien became even more of a tyrant and so the story goes.
Yes he should have been retained and made associate coach and given a French tutor. He could have taken over the solo Head coach position after 2-3 years, these are things us normal people would do in a General Manager's position, Bergevin lives in his own little weird reality.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We missed out big time, i mean come on, the guy already had the French name, that counts for a lot in this org lol. But seriously he was the glue that held this team together, when he left Therrien became even more of a tyrant and so the story goes.
Yes he should have been retained and made associate coach and given a French tutor. He could have taken over the solo Head coach position after 2-3 years, these are things us normal people would do in a General Manager's position, Bergevin lives in his own little weird reality.

What is it with this organization? They have gems right under their noses like Julien Brisebois and Gerard Gallant and can't understand their value, until their talents are profiting other teams.

What kind of sleeping idiots do we have at the wheel?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
What is it with this organization? They have gems right under their noses like Julien Brisebois and Gerard Gallant and can't understand their value, until their talents are profiting other teams.

A very special kind of idiots, the whole thing is mind boggling. Just counting the days till the clown is gone, i'm hoping next season is his last.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Absolute failure of leadership and management.

MB is an incompetent manager, and Molson an incompetent president.

Lack of competency is what it is...

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
bergevin-940.jpg

We need better Attitudes

cut.jpg

And don't forget better Hotdogs Marc

450363365_c14dde8adc_z.jpg

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can Montreal just invest more money into there advanced stats department, its seems most of the bad moves could have been simply prevented if they listened to people that don't simply go by the dinosaur narratives.

You're asking a dinosaur decision-maker to change his stripes and be someone he's not.

Our attempt at analytics was shipped out to the Preds shortly after Subban made his way there. Nuff said.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can Montreal just invest more money into there advanced stats department, its seems most of the bad moves could have been simply prevented if they listened to people that don't simply go by the dinosaur narratives.

They had one and fired him because he disagreed with the Weber trade.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Julien left when Gainey left to go with Yzerman to further his career. He saw the ship sinking with vegan skeletor.

Gallant left an assistant coach job to become head coach... could we have retained him by offering even more money ? Maslow's pyramid...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Julien left when Gainey left to go with Yzerman to further his career. He saw the ship sinking with vegan skeletor.

Gallant left an assistant coach job to become head coach... could we have retained him by offering even more money ? Maslow's pyramid...

However, it came out just this week that Gallant was interviewed for the HC job when Therrien was fired. Or did I read that wrong?

Eazy

BureSanders
Jun 19, 2010
However, it came out just this week that Gallant was interviewed for the HC job when Therrien was fired. Or did I read that wrong?
IIRC, there was a request for an interview. BargainBin never followed through with it

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

You're kidding right? No one should be forced to learn a language.

This f***ed up mentality is only exclusive to Montreal fans and French Quebeckers it seems.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

This ****ed up mentality is only exclusive to Montreal fans and French Quebeckers it seems.

Dude, I don't value your opinion, so move on. Thank you.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
IIRC, there was a request for an interview. BargainBin never followed through with it

Thanks. So the Habs did make a request for an interview, but preferred to dole out 5 years to Julien instead. That Julien contract ain't gonna age well.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Everyone should learn the primary language of the place they are working and living. If i'm moving to California i'll learn proper english.

Sorry but learning a 2nd language is not something that hard and it's not a death sentence. Come on just learn the damn language or the place you are living it's not that hard and it's a sign of respect. Of course it can take at least 5 years to be able to talk it well enough for an interview but if you show signs of progress and can speak a few words people will respect you and accept you. If you don't give a **** then people wont give a **** either.

I speak relatively well in english and i'm starting to learn spanish. Speaking more than one language is not a doom.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Compounded it by moving too late on Therrien and then granting too much term and money to Julien. To think they could have had a better coach like Gallant for so much less. Unbelievable.

And to add insult to injury he had Gallant here as an assistant coach. So he didn't need ant scouting report on him - if MB was paying attention. And news reports were he had asked the Panthers if he could speak to Gallant but then never did. That had to be the biggest head scratcher for me. You jump on Julien before speaking to Gallant.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2