• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bergevin is furiously working to complete his infinity gauntlet to lead the team to glory. He already has;

The character stone
The rispek stone
The leadership stone
The grind stone
The grit stone

He just needs the attitude stone. If he gets that... Stanley cup, boys!

It would be foolish to think he is aiming at a cup with all those stones. When a man possesses such power a simple cup is no use for him. No i tell you world domination is what MB is trying to achieve.

We need to send a team made of our best fans to prevent him from getting that last stone needed to end the world as we know it.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Starts with the ad hominem. Good.

Quick answer? Acquiring better players/drafting better/developping better.

Any of these 3 would have been enough to make us better.

MB wasnt good enough. Yes, he made some ok moves. A few great moves like Vanek/Danault etc. But he failed at making the team better, so he wasnt good enough. Why dont you admit it. We finished with a lottery pick. Its there to see.

How about you adress my claim about the record?

I'm not admitting it because I'm not seeing any major blunders or moves that could dictate the future for this team in a wrong way.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The #1 goalie in the league, a top 10 D and a top 10 scorer is not enough to get you motivated buddy? Then Bergevin was probably right with his attitude thing...

What did Gallant said to that Vegas team in your opinion?

How do you know that two of those 3 stud players were not part of the problem? Looking at Captain Ready I would hazard a guess he had a bad attitude. Price didn't seem to have his head in the games. That leaves you with Mountain Man and there's only so much a Man from the Mountain can do.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How do you know that two of those 3 stud players were not part of the problem? Looking at Captain Ready I would hazard a guess he had a bad attitude. Price didn't seem to have his head in the games. That leaves you with Mountain Man and there's only so much a Man from the Mountain can do.

If that's indeed the case then don't come here and cry about an amazing core this guy inherited and how he destroyed the team and bla bla...

The core was rotten since the beginning following this logic.

I mean you can't have it both ways.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Good off season so far

Levebvre out
JJ Daigneault out
Dudley out
Ducharme in
3rd overall pick
I'm keeping my fingers and the toes on my feet crossed but you know that MB has always followed good moves with hair-brain schemes. Ex: Drafts Sergachev - trades him for a winger and then plays that winger at center. Makes an excellent trade for Danault and then tries to palm him off as a #1 center. I'm just waiting for the other shoe - or in this case shoes - to drop.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If that's indeed the case then don't come here and cry about an amazing core this guy inherited and how he destroyed the team and bla bla...

The core was rotten since the beginning following this logic.

I mean you can't have it both ways.

You speaking to wrong guy, bud. I never said that. Actually, I had knock down arguments with Lafleur's Guy who started that nonsense. You should really pay attention. And if you can't pay attention then don't make unsubstantiated accusations.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Good off season so far

Levebvre out
JJ Daigneault out
Dudley out
Ducharme in
3rd overall pick

So far so good but i don't get blinded by those move since the 3rd overall was luck.
Firing obvious candidates is also easy.
The hiring of Ducharme is a positive twist...but he's still just another assistant-coach.
There's probably also Bouchard being added which is also alright.....but it's all about the on-ice product in the end.

The real work is still ahead of Bergevin. From now until mid-july.
He's got to hit a homerun by making a big trade and adding good pieces on July 1st.

Reactions: Laurentide

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Starts with the ad hominem. Good.

Quick answer? Acquiring better players/drafting better/developping better.

Any of these 3 would have been enough to make us better.

MB wasnt good enough. Yes, he made some ok moves. A few great moves like Vanek/Danault etc. But he failed at making the team better, so he wasnt good enough. Why dont you admit it. We finished with a lottery pick. Its there to see.

How about you adress my claim about the record?

Actually acquiring better players/drafting better/developing better will do nothing. You need a GM with a vision of a team that can win the cup. This GM's mantra has been and will be let's make the playoffs and then anything can happen. That's his vision.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
It would be foolish to think he is aiming at a cup with all those stones. When a man possesses such power a simple cup is no use for him. No i tell you world domination is what MB is trying to achieve.

We need to send a team made of our best fans to prevent him from getting that last stone needed to end the world as we know it.

To get that final stone Bergevin would have to make the ultimate sacrifice and throw someone he loves off a cliff ..... goodbye Therrien!!!!

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So far so good but i don't get blinded by those move since the 3rd overall was luck.
Firing obvious candidates is also easy.
The hiring of Ducharme is a positive twist...but he's still just another assistant-coach.
There's probably also Bouchard being added which is also alright.....but it's all about the on-ice product in the end.

The real work is still ahead of Bergevin. From now until mid-july.
He's got to hit a homerun by making a big trade and adding good pieces on July 1st.

Excellent post except for one error and it was really grammatical. It's not home run. It home runs. He needs a few home runs.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You speaking to wrong guy, bud. I never said that. Actually, I had knock down arguments with Lafleur's Guy who started that nonsense. You should really pay attention. And if you can't pay attention then don't make unsubstantiated accusations.
So what are you bragging about then?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Actually acquiring better players/drafting better/developing better will do nothing. You need a GM with a vision of a team that can win the cup. This GM's mantra has been and will be let's make the playoffs and then anything can happen. That's his vision.
I'd say it would do a lot more than just "nothing"...

But I do agree that the GM needs to be able to have a vision of where this team is headed, but right now, acquiring better player/drafting better/ developing better would go a LONG way.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The #1 goalie in the league, a top 10 D and a top 10 scorer is not enough to get you motivated buddy?
Considering how awful the team was last year with those same players. No it doesn't get me motivated.

Considering how flawed the team was even before this season despite making the POs, no it doesn't motivate me.

Considering that two years ago the Habs were a lottery team with a different and even better top 10 D and the same top goalie and top 10 scorer. No, it doesn't motivate me.

Why? Because MB has done nothing to indicate that he knows what he's doing, and that alone kills any motivation that might stem from whatever talent that is on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad