• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
This, and to emphasize even more:
It all starts with Molson. There is absolutely no reason to keep Bergevin. The team is filled with holes, and the future isn't bright. A team like the LA Kings who won 2 cups in the last bit fired their GM for being mediocre, while we have kept Bergevin who hasn't done ****. Why is Bergevin bad? Glad you asked, I'll give you 7 big reasons.
1) Terrible drafting and development. I really don't care who you blame for this. People have gotten mad at Timmins, but he is still in charge. That literally means that we don't see any issues with this. Bergevin should have made some changes a long time ago. Also, I don't care if Timmins has drafted a bunch of ECHLers, the fact that the AHL record is so abysmal has nothing to do with him, it had to do with Sly.
2) We never focused on playing our young players more. Prime example is playing David Desharnais over Galchenyuk for an absurd amount of time. This served absolutely no purpose for a player that Bergevin planned on playing at center.
3) "Build through the draft". This goes back to my first point, if we actually cared about this, we would have made some changes. In addition, we have traded our drafted/younger players and replaced them with older ones. 2 2nds for Andrew Shaw, Sergachev for Drouin, Subban for Weber...etc
4) Letting go players without any replacements. I'm not even going to get into the Markov/Radulov contract situation. We had absolutely no replacements and literally tried numerous bargain options to try to fill out key roles which have all failed.
5) Failure to acknowledge the value of his own players. This includes the Price, Alzner, Shaw contracts that he handed out.
6) He makes terrible excuses due to his terrible job. This includes the "centers aren't available" notion which is just flat out wrong. O'Reilly, Duchene, Turris, Staal, Schenn are just some of the many centers that have been traded/signed who are all better than anyone on this team. Also, the "can't draft key players when you are picking late" is also a terrible excuse. Look at other teams. Tampa, Anaheim and Philly are some of the many successful drafting teams that have done their best work picking late.
7) Failure to fill in key roles. This "anything can happen in the playoffs" mentality is absurd. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but you aren't bettering your odds when you keep rotating bottom 6 players and bottom pairing dmen, it doesn't work like that.

I mean from the GM that literally admitted that he wants to keep getting projects and hope they pan out into key roles for longterm, he shouldn't even be here right now.
This, and to emphasize even more:
It all starts with Molson. There is absolutely no reason to keep Bergevin. The team is filled with holes, and the future isn't bright. A team like the LA Kings who won 2 cups in the last bit fired their GM for being mediocre, while we have kept Bergevin who hasn't done ****. Why is Bergevin bad? Glad you asked, I'll give you 7 big reasons.
1) Terrible drafting and development. I really don't care who you blame for this. People have gotten mad at Timmins, but he is still in charge. That literally means that we don't see any issues with this. Bergevin should have made some changes a long time ago. Also, I don't care if Timmins has drafted a bunch of ECHLers, the fact that the AHL record is so abysmal has nothing to do with him, it had to do with Sly.
2) We never focused on playing our young players more. Prime example is playing David Desharnais over Galchenyuk for an absurd amount of time. This served absolutely no purpose for a player that Bergevin planned on playing at center.
3) "Build through the draft". This goes back to my first point, if we actually cared about this, we would have made some changes. In addition, we have traded our drafted/younger players and replaced them with older ones. 2 2nds for Andrew Shaw, Sergachev for Drouin, Subban for Weber...etc
4) Letting go players without any replacements. I'm not even going to get into the Markov/Radulov contract situation. We had absolutely no replacements and literally tried numerous bargain options to try to fill out key roles which have all failed.
5) Failure to acknowledge the value of his own players. This includes the Price, Alzner, Shaw contracts that he handed out.
6) He makes terrible excuses due to his terrible job. This includes the "centers aren't available" notion which is just flat out wrong. O'Reilly, Duchene, Turris, Staal, Schenn are just some of the many centers that have been traded/signed who are all better than anyone on this team. Also, the "can't draft key players when you are picking late" is also a terrible excuse. Look at other teams. Tampa, Anaheim and Philly are some of the many successful drafting teams that have done their best work picking late.
7) Failure to fill in key roles. This "anything can happen in the playoffs" mentality is absurd. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but you aren't bettering your odds when you keep rotating bottom 6 players and bottom pairing dmen, it doesn't work like that.

I mean from the GM that literally admitted that he wants to keep getting projects and hope they pan out into key roles for longterm, he shouldn't even be here right now.

2 of the last 3 seasons have been complete failure which Bergevin admittted to be his fault. MB is at his 3 go at it thanks to all his buddies working throughout the organization.

Last year wasn't as bad, but Bergevin defended his trade deadline moves during his last PC and again there are things we dont know why he did things the way he did!? Where are Ott, King, Nesterov and Martinsen playing this year?
Anybody but us was beating the Rangers in last year's playoffs.

6 years on the job and all you have that's positive on your resume is the Vanek trade, the Petry trade, the Danault trade and the Byron waiver claim. Vanek is the most skilled player MB acquired, a guy that played on 8 different teams the last 5 years.:facepalm:

Why is Molson letting Bergevin go all in with a shitty team and without a bright and exciting future, unless we get Dahlin, this is why we must win the lottery.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I know this is a meme right now but there're indeed people really pissed when they lose and people that don't care... I mean this is quite obvious, I have no idea why this Bergevin's comment made so much noise...

I know exactly in what category a guy like Gallagher or Byron are , don't know for the rest...

Because bergevin assembled this group of players & he is the architect if the culture...

Instead of being accountable for his failure, he throws the players under the bus.

Instead of acknowledging that he messed up the off-season & failed to use his car space to improve the roster inseason, he blamed the "attitude" bogeyman...

It wasn't so much any one comment, but the overall lack of competence in leadership and management that was exposed.

Reactions: Bieber fever

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Oh please... Should we revisit the "How dumb is GMGM" threads?

No one predicted this type of season !!!

I think McPhee evolved a lot as a GM. He went for dmen like Schmidt, Miller and Theodore who are all solid puck movers, you know the kind of players you have success with in 2018. Meanwhile we have Weber, Alzner, Benn etc.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I know this is a meme right now but there're indeed people really pissed when they lose and people that don't care... I mean this is quite obvious, I have no idea why this Bergevin's comment made so much noise...

I know exactly in what category a guy like Gallagher or Byron are , don't know for the rest...
There was no attitude problem.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
For Bergevin to have a successful off season he needs to land ...Tavares and OEL and trade Alzner,Schlemko,Benn and then do about 9-10 more moves otherwise he has failed....PERIOD...CASE CLOSED.

Reactions: Genesis76

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Personally...I understood what Bergrvin meant.

But players caring more about losing this year wouldn't of changed anything.

If 19 players toss the dressing room after every game because they're upset they lost...it still doesn't change anything.

There may be too many players who don't care enough about losing.

But there are too many in management who don't care enough about winning either.

I think anyone in competitive sports will tell you that being in a dressing room with people who hate to lose more than they love to win.. that the dressing room quickly becomes a toxic cesspool. Because people who hate to lose are generally loud-mouths who get too personal over mistakes or effort of other players, which leads to in-fighting, a poisoned environment and the deterioration of trust between players.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I think anyone in competitive sports will tell you that being in a dressing room with people who hate to lose more than they love to win.. that the dressing room quickly becomes a toxic cesspool. Because people who hate to lose are generally loud-mouths who get too personal over mistakes or effort of other players, which leads to in-fighting, a poisoned environment and the deterioration of trust between players.

Anyone else remember the hate to lose Pittsburgh Penguins that the Habs beat in 2010? How every post game was how angry and frustrated they were? Funny how that club now keeps its composure at all times and has back to back Cups to show for it.

mtl_felix

Sep 10, 2006
Lavaltrie, Quebec
I still can't believe how DUMB that was to say. You want players who hate to lose? Mission accomplished man, we lost a bunch and everyone's mad. How's it helping?

Get good players, everyone at this level wants and likes to win. Come on now.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Look who's talking.

My point? If Bergevin brought Shaw and Danault in for their leadership he's even dumber than I tought.

Shaw never led anything. Same for Danault. If he's waiting after these guys to be our leaders he'll wait for a loooooong time.

To be fair Shaw would have led the way to the penalty box had he not got injured

Reactions: isthatso

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I still can't believe how DUMB that was to say. You want players who hate to lose? Mission accomplished man, we lost a bunch and everyone's mad. How's it helping?

Get good players, everyone at this level wants and likes to win. Come on now.

I'm sure when they went on the losing streak to begin the season that all the 'hate to lose' players ensured everything spiraled under control.

In one of my leagues, the best goalie in the league is a f***ing headcase who just roasts his defense every year. Every year, captains drop him down the draft list for the next season because they don't want to deal with him. Some teams flat out won't pick him unless he's the last option. It's been a long time since any of the teams he has been on has won the league championship. You can break people's wills and desire to play for you pretty quickly when you are always at people's throats.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Marc Bergevin as a GM with his lack of vision is like a stoner trying to make something to eat.. "Beef? I like that. Strawberry Jam? I like that, throw that in there. Vinegar? Yeah, put that in there as well."

Just nothing made with the end goal in mind. Just moves compartmentalized completely.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I played ball hockey for some time and for some terrible teams. I hated to lose but the team just sucked. We did not have enough good players. Does not matter if you hate to lose, if your team is not talented enough, you will still lose. Who likes to lose anyways? No one likes to lose. The hating to lose thing is such a deflection of the real issue. NOT ENOUGH GOOD PLAYERS.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I played ball hockey for some time and for some terrible teams. I hated to lose but the team just sucked. We did not have enough good players. Does not matter if you hate to lose, if your team is not talented enough, you will still lose. Who likes to lose anyways? No one likes to lose. The hating to lose thing is such a deflection of the real issue. NOT ENOUGH GOOD PLAYERS.

Da Attitude wasn't even close.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
It's that day again, so...

MAY THE 4THS BE WITH YOU

C5tKBc_WUAAv-D_.jpg

C52p2kpXEAIU3b2.jpg

DL0_eeYXcAIgHWp.jpg

:popcorn:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
the last one is an insult, he was evil and smart, Mb is neither..... He is dumb and dumber

You're right. My bad. Surely this one is better?

Cb33NCsWwAAh0_v.jpg

Everybody knows he ain't the sharpest knife in that place where you put the knives :dunce:

Personally? I prefer Simple Marc:

DMphPOcUMAAxJXF.jpg

In case some of you never got the memo:

Never go full Bergevin.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You're right. My bad. Surely this one is better?

Cb33NCsWwAAh0_v.jpg

Everybody knows he ain't the sharpest knife in that place where you put the knives :dunce:

Personally? I prefer Simple Marc:

DMphPOcUMAAxJXF.jpg

In case some of you never got the memo:

Never go full Bergevin.
Now that my friend is a masterpiece!

Reactions: Bloumeister

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I have read so many of your posts today on different topics throughout our board and man I have to say, you know your stuff, it is a pleasure to read.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
To me this organization permeates fear and does not foster a winning mentality. And has not done so for many years.

I think a big part of it is the coaches we have had. I know some get into the language issue but to me the issue is the string of coaches ( and maybe they all graduated from the Jacques Lemaire school of coaching ) who are obsessed with the 2 way defensive game to the point of it being ludricous.

We have had coaches who do not trust their players to play and create. Its all about the system and players are basically all the same regardless of talent level. Two way players only please.

These coaches do not tolerate mistakes. Fourth liners are rewarded with top 6 minutes by adhering to the gray system. Players, especially young ones fear mistakes because boom.

MTs system was to not make mistakes and to take advantage of errors by the other team. Creativity was not wanted, because that is when you give up the odd man rushes and with those Price does not stop 92% of them. Stick to the plan and Price will stop all but 2 of the 30 shots he faces, on average. Score 3 and we win.

Drafting has adopted this culture. Two way players, or solid defensive guys. "He probably won't produce at a high level but he will be great 3rd liner and a coach favourite". Well whooppee.

Fear. Fear to take the best talent at every pick, fear imbued into our players so that they dare not try to make a play, to win.

You know the every Canadian kid wants to score the winning goal in game 7 of the Stanley Cup final line ? Well for us it's not that, it isn't go out and win it boys. Its go out and don't screw up boys, just play tight and wait for our chance to come to us.

And as if having these " don't lose " coaches isn't bad enough, we have a GM who is a tier above that.

Wonder if playing that kind of hockey is as boring as watching it. Guessing it is.

If the Habs organization was a human being it would be diagnosed with depression.

This hockey is boring and has not worked for 25 years.

This team made the 2nd most bucks of any team in 2016-17 with $92M and was the 3rd most valued franchise at $1.25B. Our money and support does that.

We deserve better than this garbage.

Reactions: isthatso

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Don't worry, we gonna turn dis ting around, we looking at a lot of young guys right now with great speed and attitudes. As long as Carey is better we gonna be ok. And it's a big bonus when we get a healthy Shawzy back, he's got a great attitudes.

MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad