• Should be to be fired

• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I am guessing there were many players on this team who like a lot of us fans and some media saw it coming.

You don't believe Patches wasn't thinking about no Markov, no PK, no Rads, who is going to get me the puck ?

You don't think guys thought MB was an A Hole to especially Markov but also Rads ?

Having played against them you dont think guys were dubious about Alzner, Hemsky , Streit etc ?

Before this team hit the ice the morale was already on the ropes.

I expect the chats among the vets started with " we are so F'd, this idiot has killed us "

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I am guessing there were many players on this team who like a lot of us fans and some media saw it coming.

You don't believe Patches wasn't thinking about no Markov, no PK, no Rads, who is going to get me the puck ?

You don't think guys thought MB was an A Hole to especially Markov but also Rads ?

Having played against them you dont think guys were dubious about Alzner, Hemsky , Streit etc ?

I expect the chats among the vets started with " we are so F'd, this idiot has killed us "

And why exactly those same guys couldn't thought about something like" f*** those guys, f***ing money makers!, Let's do this boys!We can do it!!! " ???

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
And why exactly those same guys couldn't thought about something like" **** those guys, ****ing money makers!, Let's do this boys!We can do it!!! " ???

You mean like the Charge of the Light Brigade ?

Because they aren't 10 years old and know a lousy NHL team when they see one ?

EDIT: MB said, did he not, that the attitude was not right from the start ? My thinking is the players thought the team was doomed and that MB had done a crap job, and so MB didn't like this " attitude". And to make it worse, when the players lost they said screw it and didn't puke and cry.

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You mean like the Charge of the Light Brigade ?

Because they aren't 10 years old and know a lousy NHL team when they see one ?

EDIT: MB said, did he not, that the attitude was not right from the start ? My thinking is the players thought the team was doomed and that MB had done a crap job, and so MB didn't like this " attitude". And to make it worse, when the players lost they said screw it and didn't puke and cry.

The #1 goalie in the league, a top 10 D and a top 10 scorer is not enough to get you motivated buddy? Then Bergevin was probably right with his attitude thing...

What did Gallant said to that Vegas team in your opinion?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The #1 goalie in the league, a top 10 D and a top 10 scorer is not enough to get you motivated buddy? Then Bergevin was probably right with his attitude thing...

I doubt he said much other than let's go do our best and prove them wrong. I also think he lets his players play and doesn't staple them to the bench for making a mistake. He also had no choice than playing the best he had at certain positions, like 2 cast off 3rd line C's as top 6Cs, unlike us.

I dont know why we are debating this. What have I said that is incorrect ? Didnt many / most of us see this coming ? Didnt you ? These guys are professionals and are paid big to play and they are to give it their all. But do you not think they were alarmed at what the team looked like ? Do you not think that the real issue is lack of talent, and Lol, still no centres ? Do you really think that yip yip let's go boys overcomes no centres and a pylon D ?

C'mon.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Who would be thrilled to be on a team with Price, Weber, Pacioretty and failed acquisitions in the form of cap space.

MB failed the team in the summer and the players iced weren't enough to compete in a very competitive NHL.

The players take the blame, but so does the GM. Cute how the GM get's to blame the players, but no blame is placed on him from his boss...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I doubt he said much other than let's go do our best and prove them wrong. I also think he lets his players play and doesn't staple them to the bench for making a mistake. He also had no choice than playing the best he had at certain positions, like 2 cast off 3rd line C's as top 6Cs, unlike us.

I dont know why we are debating this. What have I said that is incorrect ? Didnt many / most of us see this coming ? Didnt you ? These guys are professionals and are paid big to play and they are to give it their all. But do you not think they were alarmed at what the team looked like ? Do you not think that the real issue is lack of talent, and Lol, still no centres ? Do you really think that yip yip let's go boys overcomes no centres and a pylon D ?

C'mon.

Can't you see the blatant irony in your post?

Who would be thrilled to be on a team with Price, Weber, Pacioretty and failed acquisitions in the form of cap space.

MB failed the team in the summer and the players iced weren't enough to compete in a very competitive NHL.

The players take the blame, but so does the GM. Cute how the GM get's to blame the players, but no blame is placed on him from his boss...

What's the point of this post?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Your frustration is priceless.
What am i frustrated at? If anything i'm amused with your delusionnal hockey opinions, makes things fun around here.

You have gone full MB... Never go full MB.

Opie.png

Last edited:

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Bergevin is furiously working to complete his infinity gauntlet to lead the team to glory. He already has;

The character stone
The rispek stone
The leadership stone
The grind stone
The grit stone

He just needs the attitude stone. If he gets that... Stanley cup, boys!

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018

The problem is our players don't have attitood. They have lots of karakter, actually too much karakter and as a result they have an overflow they don't know how to apply which leads to a problem of attitood.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I like how the argument used to be "DA record". Now the record finally matches the underlying data and this team's defenders change their argument... Theyre chasing after excuses. "How could theyve known!" "Not his fault".

Before the winning record was on him, now the putrid record is because... bad luck or something... it's not like people criticizing have said for years that Price, pdo and having an elite first pairing of Markov-Subban helped hide the deficiencies of the Canadiens up-front...

That's the point : posters on a fricking hockey forum foresaw everything that happened the last 3 seasons. Putrid offensive numbers and now putrid defensive numbers since we lost our 2 best dmen.

The guy is supposed to be a pro but would get schooled by some hf posters who've been right on most things. Wont name everyone but I lurk since Halaks 2010 run but since Bergevin took over I read so many negative opinions on MB who were revealed to be correct. Would be willing to bet that if every decisions up to this day have been vetoed by a HFHabs poll, the team would be in the playoffs and making noise. Impossible to know sure but Id bet my right nut on it.

I dont say that because I want to underline HFHabs genral knowledge... on the contrary it's more about showing how the man in charge is average if not poor in hockey knowledge and is way over his head.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I like how the argument used to be "DA record". Now the record finally matches the underlying data and this team's defenders change their argument... Theyre chasing after excuses. "How could theyve known!" "Not his fault".

Before the winning record was on him, now the putrid record is because... bad luck or something... it's not like people criticizing have said for years that Price, pdo and having an elite first pairing of Markov-Subban helped hide the deficiencies of the Canadiens up-front...

That's the point : posters on a fricking hockey forum foresaw everything that happened the last 3 seasons. Putrid offensive numbers and now putrid defensive numbers since we lost our 2 best dmen.

The guy is supposed to be a pro but would get schooled by some hf posters who've been right on most things. Wont name everyone but I lurk since Halaks 2010 run but since Bergevin took over I read so many negative opinions on MB who were revealed to be correct. Would be willing to bet that if every decisions up to this day have been vetoed by a HFHabs poll, the team would be in the playoffs and making noise. Impossible to know sure but Id bet my right nut on it.

I dont say that because I want to underline HFHabs genral knowledge... on the contrary it's more about showing how the man in charge is average if not poor in hockey knowledge and is way over his head.

That sounded emotional.. Good

Let's recapitulate though, in your opinion this team was quite fake in the last couple of years and relied on CP.

Solutions?

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
That sounded emotional.. Good

Let's recapitulate though, in your opinion this team was quite fake in the last couple of years and relied on CP.

Solutions?

Starts with the ad hominem. Good.

Quick answer? Acquiring better players/drafting better/developping better.

Any of these 3 would have been enough to make us better.

MB wasnt good enough. Yes, he made some ok moves. A few great moves like Vanek/Danault etc. But he failed at making the team better, so he wasnt good enough. Why dont you admit it. We finished with a lottery pick. Its there to see.

How about you adress my claim about the record?

Reactions: Peanut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad