Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Definitely sounds like a Bergevin move.

DMo7RiWV4AAD0cC.jpg

...and then he would be re-assigned as a pro scout or something.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Meh boo or not molson won’t care if the building is full Money money money. All that matters to him
Bergevin failed for 5 summers to get a centre man and he still had a job. One slump won’t be his undoing. He’s here till sesosns end minimum
Of course he cares. The people that boo are his consumers. If nothing is done after hearing boos..consumers will start to drop, and all revenues from merchandising will take a hit.
Unsatisfied customers is never a good thing, even less so if you simply ignore them.

Reactions: ottawa

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Meh boo or not molson won’t care if the building is full Money money money. All that matters to him
Bergevin failed for 5 summers to get a centre man and he still had a job. One slump won’t be his undoing. He’s here till sesosns end minimum

Building won't stay full for long if we continue losing and giving this type of performance. There's no more Koivu Koivu or Kovy Kovy or PK PK or Radu Radu.. This team is one of the more boring team we've had in a while... and they suck on top of that. You think people will continue to go to the Bell Center when the price keeps rising but the team keeps sucking more and more? The media and social media is very powerful, when the Habs are not "in" anymore, people will stop caring. And this year will be different to the last time we miss the playoffs. If there's no big change, we will suck from the start.. there's no collapse. People will lose faith much sooner.

If they can't sell tickets for the home opener, against an original 6team, one of the most successful in recent years, what makes you think people will continue to spend money for this team in February or march

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
In MB mind the roster is actually good and the team struggle because of Bull*** reasons like “players lost their pride”.If anything , MB is glad that he brought so many leadership and character because it will help the team to get over this bad sequence.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Can't wait until he sells Galchenyuk for 30 cents on the dollar.

Kickstart my heart? I feel as if he could get kicked in the head and he might GAIN IQ points.

Sir Jacques Demers

May 5, 2006
What bothers me the most is how we've been saying for 3 years now that the team needs a Center and he just keeps making excuses. We also know how Patches is not a superstar, yet he continues to thick that this guy can carry a team. Radulov was the everything last year. Pacioretty hasn't ever been anything in the playoffs, which is fine, you can keep hoping he'll get better but MEANWHILE add other forwards if you even want a chance at all.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I was with Bergevin until this summer. Not popular to say and so I haven't pushed it, (people are just flat out wrong on this one) but if you look at the numbers (in pretty much every category: possession, chances for and against, PP), he actually improved the team with the Weber trade (both in the regular season and playoffs against NY). So he had me there.

Adding Radulov to the top 6 had much more of an impact. We were sorely missing a first line player. Funny how you compare it with Subban, and lemme guess which season of Subban are you comparing it with, the one where Price was out all season? So if i'm correct, you think having Price + Radulov doesn't account for the difference?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
o60llx.jpg

After tonight's dismal 3rd period, I'm not even bothering updating this GIF anymore :cry:

Well if you were going to; Derek Grant had played 92 career games before last night and had never scored.

He had 2 goals last night.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I know the team has deep pockets but MB is getting a couple million a year for the next 5 years, will Molson just swallow that ?

Even if Molson was prepared to do that, I just don't see MB being let go at this point in the year.

People are talking about MB not being allowed to do any moves by Molson but that isn't realistic at all.

My fear is that MB makes a desperation move or two that just further hurts this team.

The only hope for MB going is very likely a dollars and cents thing. If Molson sees that there will be no play off money for the foreseeable future, and if revenue does fall off because fans stop coming to games then yes, then I see it happening. But also likely is MB has the season to figure it out.

Edit Had an afterthought. Molson broke down basically with that Cunneyworth fiasco and he also intervened as far as we know when fans and media were flipping out about not signing PK. He isn't exactly a hard ass biz type and seems susceptible to criticism. If the fans and media get on him hard, who knows

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bergevin cannot be permitted to make any changes to this roster and I know that firing him will not save this year but for the love of God do not let a moron like him be in charge of one more day of running this franchise into the ground. He has to go this weekend.
Agreed, but I think it's wishful thinking...

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Fire him now before he makes a desperate trade to try and save he's job.

He's an idiot.

drebola

Oct 17, 2017
2 brutal mistakes:
signs PK for 9M.
Tries to fix it.
trades PK for an older D.
2 mistakes for 1 player.

Manages to trade Sergachev for Drouin (good trade)

End result, PK and Sergachev traded and no centers to show for.

Big mistake, should have traded for young players and centers.................

And 10.5M for Price, 31 years old, is a massive mistake. Need to be traded ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad