Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And the word is in from the defenders!

Bergevin didn't make a bad team. It's Prices fault for no longer playing superhuman and masking how bad Bergevin is!

And yet they will never say that he should not have given him the contract he gave him. If Price is suppose to be so bad, how the heck do you give him a 10'5M$/year contract already?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Wow. 1-6 and people are losing their minds, calm the F down. Management does need to be changed but the players also need to step up. This isn't some nefarious plan because management sucks, it's a slump.

Replacing the coach would be the best advisable strategy, get a new perspective in the room might turn things around.

If this ended up being some major issue, why not ship Price off to the Rangers for the King +. Henrik has 3 years left on his contract and while he's (probably) not the solution, you'll be free of his contract faster than Price. I wouldn't do this but if you're talking about getting rid of an albatross contract and yet still be serviceable, this might be a way to go. There's a lot of good on this team and still quite abit of talent worth keeping, you just got to find a way of changing their perspective abit from whatever's gotten ahold of it.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Man that Price contract will haunt this team from several years. Same with having Weber tied fo 7.8mil in cap space until he is 40. So damn irresponsible for Bergevin to have done this.

I also think it is time for Pacioretty to relinquish the C. He needs to just play hockey.

To whom? Weber? Lol. I want him to keep his precious C and the L too.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I seriously thought that with Subban, Markov Pacioretty, Price, young Galchenyuk and Gallagher, Plekanec when he was putting 50-60pts....

It's the closest we've been of being contenders in the last 25 years
Sure, more was needed but it was our time and Bergevin f*** it all up.

Instead of putting this team over the top with that one good signing or that one good trade, he went for the cheap and dumb signing and a dumb trade.

There's no turning back from this. He needs to be fired.
Sooner the better.

For f***ing this all up....for me, he'll go down in history as the worst GM in history tied with Rejean Houle and below Pierre Gauthier.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Wow. 1-6 and people are losing their minds, calm the F down. Management does need to be changed but the players also need to step up. This isn't some nefarious plan because management sucks, it's a slump.

Replacing the coach would be the best advisable strategy, get a new perspective in the room might turn things around.

If this ended up being some major issue, why not ship Price off to the Rangers for the King +. Henrik has 3 years left on his contract and while he's (probably) not the solution, you'll be free of his contract faster than Price. I wouldn't do this but if you're talking about getting rid of an albatross contract and yet still be serviceable, this might be a way to go. There's a lot of good on this team and still quite abit of talent worth keeping, you just got to find a way of changing their perspective abit from whatever's gotten ahold of it.

Because New York won't do it.

drebola

Oct 17, 2017
Trading pk wasnt really a mistake... The return he got for him is...

PK is so overrated it isnt funny. The problem is MB should have gotten young players for him. He makes 2 mistakes with PK, signing him at 9M(brutal) and the trade for older D.

You can trade PK Price Pacioretty Mete Weber Galchenyuk, but get good young players at crucial positions (center and D).

Now someone needs to get rid of the Price contract (hopefully we dont get screwed but I doubt).

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Trading pk wasnt really a mistake... The return he got for him is...
No, they were both mistakes. What is for sure is that this trade showcases how utterly hopeless MB is as a GM; 1st he misdiagnoses what the issue is with the team (trades PK because of locker room and because we have Serg in the wings... later fires MT and trades Serg.:facepalm:) and 2nd he absolutely botches the trade by failing to extract fair value for the age and skill difference.

The fact that he can't properly evaluate the importance of controlling the play from the blue line and thinks that a bunch of "Solid" old school d-man can win in the NHL shows the level of stupid that we're dealing with here.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
And yet they will never say that he should not have given him the contract he gave him. If Price is suppose to be so bad, how the heck do you give him a 10'5M$/year contract already?
If Bergevin was smart, he would have waited until some point this season to make his offer. If Price's SV% is sitting at around .900% after 40 games, does he still command 10.5 mill? No. A smart businessman tries to use any kind of leverage he has in business negotiations, MB basically showed his hands well in advance and rolled out the red carpet. I'm not even sure there were really any "negotiations" so to speak, I think Price came in with his offer and MB said "sure, whatever you want".

I will never understand what the rush was to sign Price during the summer to that kind of contract. I guess it's not his money after all and Price has basically made him rich, so there's that.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
Check out @RealRayLalonde’s Tweet:

Décision hockey. Pas marketing ou business. Mais personnellement non; des joueurs comme Subban sont très rares. Bons sur et hors glace

Ray Lalonde says he would have never traded Subban. I want to know what Molson was thinking

Reactions: BLONG7

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Because Price saved this team and his job in the past and it was not his money.:laugh:

A contract of this magnitude has to be approved by the guy who has the money. But yes, Price is Bergevin's plan. That we know. And that's why he gave that to him. But for the Bergie defenders to solely used Price as the reason why we are so bad, they are incredibly pathetic and have no idea what hockey really is. Price is not playing great. He is a problem. But there is WAY more problems ahead of him. And that's on the GM.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If Scott knew a little about Montreal, he'd talk about Poutine, not Smoked Meat

You can easily argue that better smoked meat is done than poutine on the island. Poutine is more an all-around quebec thing than Mtl specific. It's actually getting difficult to find a decent poutine around here these days.

inb4 labanquise butt hurt.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
When he was hired everyone was saying how great he was at spotting talent...haha

And he immediately proceeded to think P.K. Subban was a middling defenceman comparable to Michael Del Zotto. Burke may have sung Bergevin's praises earlier in the summer with regard to talent spotting but it's been clear from the beginning that Bergevin's crap at that.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
When you trade a guy like Subban, with the CH tatooed on his heart, with is skillset, with all he did for this city, just because of "locker room friction", you deserve to be fired.

He traded PK what, like a day before his NMC kicked in? I sure as hell doesn't think it sent a positive message to the players. I really don't

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
For a GM who kept talking about transition, how the f*** do you not know that the name of the game is the transition game and that maybe, just maybe, you were better with guys like Subban, Markov and maybe even Sergachev than what you got instead. Just that, and only that, EVERYBODY should know that the guy has no idea what he's doing. And would be fired on the spot. Now, add EVERYTHING ELSE......and the guy is aiming hard at becoming the new Réjean Houle.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
So WHEN Bergevin hopefully gets fired soon, any bets on his next job in hockey? People finally see he has no clue what he's doing. He will probably get some no name job behind the scenes with a middling franchise somewhere

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Hope you have a spare cuz Bergevin isn’t going anywhere before the end of the year. No chance

Which should have been done at the end of prior season.

Not getting rid of the bum, compounded by what he did this summer is why I have not tuned in this season.

Getting some good work outs in and/or watching good games that dont include Bargain Bins Basement Bound Bums.

They don't pay me enough to watch that crap ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad