Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Make him coach and GM. Heck make him the starting goalie too.

In 3 years he will have this club stripped of Bergevin like turpentine.

Then you just fire him and start the long term rebuild.

This team right now is at the bottom of the NHL and wants to be a contender. Let's get so bad it wants to be in the basement and stay there.

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void
Wait what? Where did you get that? Pitts wanted our 1st for Geno???

According to McGuire at the time of the draft (if you can find his Melnick clips from it) and on a few occasions after he said (paraphrasing a bit) that if he had gotten the job he would've traded the 3rd overall pick to Pittsburgh because they were looking to trade out Malkin's salary at the time.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
The main issue is the team given to Julien
Not in the NHL It will be a disaster
Roy cannot be the coach and the GM

Do you mean the NHL doesn't allow the same person to be Coach and GM? Not sure about that, but I agree that it's a bad ide.

What I was trying to say is that I don't think Julien would be fired unless the incoming GM demands it.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Do you mean the NHL doesn't allow the same person to be Coach and GM? Not sure about that, but I agree that it's a bad ide.

What I was trying to say is that I don't think Julien would be fired unless the incoming GM demands it.

It's doable. But not a good idea in the NHL.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
I think JJD is the first logical sacrificial lamb since this team is getting scored on at will. That or AG for a Dman. Not sure, but I expect one or the other or both over the weekend.

Ownership should can the GM first, but I don’t think they have a clue.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Can we please be done with this clown and bring back Julien Brisebois or Quintal to pilot a real rebuilding?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
As long as Bergevin dont spend the 8.5 mil cap, montreal will be a bottom team.

Team - Cap - Rank
ARI - 31th - 31th
CAR - 30th - 19th
MTL - 29th - 30th
COL - 28th - 14th
FLA - 27th - 28th
SJS - 26th - 22nd
You forgot to add Detroit ;)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Bergevin cannot be permitted to make any changes to this roster and I know that firing him will not save this year but for the love of God do not let a moron like him be in charge of one more day of running this franchise into the ground. He has to go this weekend.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Bergevin cannot be permitted to make any changes to this roster and I know that firing him will not save this year but for the love of God do not let a moron like him be in charge of one more day of running this franchise into the ground. He has to go this weekend.
I would ALMOST be happy to bring Gauthier back. But I value my sanity.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
I was with Bergevin until this summer. Not popular to say and so I haven't pushed it, (people are just flat out wrong on this one) but if you look at the numbers (in pretty much every category: possession, chances for and against, PP), he actually improved the team with the Weber trade (both in the regular season and playoffs against NY). So he had me there.

But I could not understand not resigning Radu and Markov in the summer. Hell, as unpopular as he was, I still wasn't happy about letting Emelin go. Didn't know much about Alzner, but looking at his numbers had me worried (not to mention people weren't saying good things about him). And while I think Drouin is talented, he seems kind of soft, not exactly knocking my socks off. Adding him to Radu, yes; but trading him for Radu, I don't know.

And if trading for Weber was about going for it NOW, then why muck with team chemistry with all the changes. Keep what you got, add to it, mortgage the future for that special player, and go for it. Win big or fail big. At least if you fail that way, you go out on your shield. Unfortunately, as is, this is the kind of embarrassing failure that makes highlight reels.

Still, what the hell do I know, so I was willing to be patient and see what Julien could do. Well, it turns out he couldn't do too much. Yeah, it's time for a change.

Having said that, even if we kept all the aforementioned guys, it would have still been a long shot to get to promised land. So, whether now or later, we need to go through a period like this (2-3 years minimum) if we're ever to get ahead.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
20k fans ready to boo ya...
I wouldn't be surprised if some threw jerseys on the ice.

Meh boo or not molson won’t care if the building is full Money money money. All that matters to him
Bergevin failed for 5 summers to get a centre man and he still had a job. One slump won’t be his undoing. He’s here till sesosns end minimum

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I think JJD is the first logical sacrificial lamb since this team is getting scored on at will. That or AG for a Dman. Not sure, but I expect one or the other or both over the weekend.

Ownership should can the GM first, but I don’t think they have a clue.

Definitely sounds like a Bergevin move.

DMo7RiWV4AAD0cC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->