Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Whats the major complaints about MB though? Stubborn, arrogant, proud, dumb. Roy has those traits in spades. He's like a supercharged MB.

I’m not a Roy fan, but on Bergevin my major complaint is he has taken a team with a good core and turned it into what we see today. A team that:

• can’t score,
  • Has a top 6 d that isn’t good at all(See Benn protected as our 3rd d-man), especially after our top 2 pairing
  • Has one of the worst prospect pools in the NHL
  • Has two contracts that will most likely hurt us in 2020-2024
I can forgive any of the traits above if he had built a contender but he hasn’t.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Man what the **** is happening with this team? Someone needs to hack the Habs email servers and release all the deets. I'm sure there's so much juicy **** in there. :laugh:

It's hard to speculate because it could be anything from nothing to a more serious breakdown in communication.

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if Markov was upset by the seemingly impossible coincidence of every single Russian player being jettisoned in the off season. I have nothing to base that on except that the optics are terrible.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Dregers article says that his sense from the Habs organization is status quo.

Well yeah.

"« Chaque soir, on veut gagner et de temps en temps on ne gagne pas. Il y a des hauts et des bas dans une saison et maintenant on connaît un bas, mais je suis confiant qu’on va s’en sortir. On a les bonnes personnes en place pour le faire et une très bonne équipe aussi », a assuré Molson, mercredi, alors qu’il prenait part à une conférence de presse annonçant la construction d’une troisième Tour des Canadiens."

That's a quote from Geoff Molson, 2 days ago (before the game vs LA.). According to him the team is really good and the right peoples are in place to right the ship, he believe in them and in the team at 100%.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Well yeah.

"« Chaque soir, on veut gagner et de temps en temps on ne gagne pas. Il y a des hauts et des bas dans une saison et maintenant on connaît un bas, mais je suis confiant qu’on va s’en sortir. On a les bonnes personnes en place pour le faire et une très bonne équipe aussi », a assuré Molson, mercredi, alors qu’il prenait part à une conférence de presse annonçant la construction d’une troisième Tour des Canadiens."

That's a quote from Geoff Molson, 2 days ago (before the game vs LA.). According to him the team is really good and the right peoples are in place to right the ship, he believe in them and in the team at 100%.

If Molson genuinely feels like this about his team, we are more f***ed than i thought.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I’m not a Roy fan, but on Bergevin my major complaint is he has taken a team with a good core and turned it into what we see today. A team that:

• can’t score,
  • Has a top 6 d that isn’t good at all(See Benn protected as our 3rd d-man), especially after our top 2 pairing
  • Has one of the worst prospect pools in the NHL
  • Has two contracts that will most likely hurt us in 2020-2024
I can forgive any of the traits above if he had built a contender but he hasn’t.

You know what's the problem with this good core heritage thing? It's that it's that core that sucks right now... Where's Max?Where's Carey? Where's Gally? Where's Chucky?

That's your inherited core right there!!!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
You know what's the problem with this good core heritage thing? It's that it's that core that sucks right now... Where's Max?Where's Carey? Where's Gally? Where's Chucky?

Carey Price was busy winning all the Vezina, Hart, Lindsay and Jennings awards while the GM sat on his and did nothing to help his goalie during his historic season.
Galchenyuk led this team to a 13-1-1 start as a PPG #1C. Bergevin has him playing him on the 4th line.
Pacioretty has ZERO chemistry with Drouin at center and is on pace for the worst season of his career.

Shall we continue?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Carey Price was busy winning all the Vezina, Hart, Lindsay and Jennings awards while the GM sat on his and did nothing to help his goalie during his historic season.
Galchenyuk led this team to a 13-1-1 start as a PPG #1C. Bergevin has him playing him on the 4th line.
Pacioretty has ZERO chemistry with Drouin at center and is on pace for the worst season of his career.

Shall we continue?

Who cares what they did in the past? Where are they now?

This team wouldn't be in this hole if those guys performed as they were supposed to perform!

Reactions: HankyZetts

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Who cares what they did in the past? Where are they now?

This team wouldn't be in this hole if those guys performed as they were supposed to perform!

There's no denying that. Stars need to play as stars. However, it's not just a "now" thing. This has been trending since the Rangers' series. If the players won't wake up, MB needs to do something about it. Tell CJ to bench them, or get their asses out of town.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Yeah don't mention the two elite dmen missing. They're such a tiny part of that core really.

Don't you even see the huge holes in your arguments?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
They aren't preforming because he's done nothing to actually improve the team. Scoring or defensively. His hands must be numb.

It's easy to build a successful hockey team, even Marc Bergevin was able to do it...

Not sure how any sport fan thinks that you can toss together a bunch of players and think they will all produce at their best. That they will all find chemistry. These fans must buy into the Marc Bergevin philosophy that character wins hockey games.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's easy to build a successful hockey team, even Marc Bergevin was able to do it...

Not sure how any sport fan thinks that you can toss together a bunch of players and think they will all produce at their best. That they will all find chemistry. These fans must buy into the Marc Bergevin philosophy that character wins hockey games.

In practice, Bergevin doesn't actually prioritize character, since he can't recognize it.

It's ironic to the point of being funny, but this is actually a low-character team.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They aren't preforming because he's done nothing to actually improve the team. Scoring or defensively. His hands must be numb.
No logic whatsoever in what you're saying.

Funny. All your arguments all summer were about players history. Anything to suit your weak arguments.
Weak arguments? So this is what you expected out of Pacioretty going into this season? 1 point in 7 games? Get real man.

We went over this before. Price "performing" would just hide the fundamental flaws with the team Bergevin built, not fix them.

Price is atrocious, i'm not asking him to be God just decent would do the job.

Bergevin is the one who chose the players.

Didn't he inherited all his stars?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Weak arguments? So this is what you expected out of Pacioretty going into this season? 1 point in 7 games? Get real man.

I said all summer this team will have trouble scoring goals with the pathetic D that was put together. Am I surprised that he isn't scoring? NOT AT ALL.

Of course you're surprised, you had your head buried all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad