Marc Bergevin - Kickstart My Heart Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He seems pretty intriguing. When Steve yzerman(best gm in the league Imo) calls him one of the best young hockey minds, I think it's fair to say that he should get a chance.

Brisebois is the dream.

But what if Brisebois interviews for the job and his plan is something that goes against Molson's interests (ie rebuild) ?

AboveandBeyond

Jun 1, 2013
Hollows Edge
6 years of MB has got us no where . We were never a good enough team to win when we went on that one run a few years back . Our defence is a joke and we have the worst depth at Centre and it’s the one position you actually need depth in to win the CUP. With Plekanec gone after next year our centre core will look even more rediculous . MB traded away all of our puck moving Defenseman for stay at home sloth footed defence that can’t do shit in this NHL . Finally after getting his rediculous contract Carey Price is average and our team can’t score a goal if our life depended on it . You don’t need an elite goalie to win the cup you need good scoring depth . YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO SCORE GOALS.

This team isn’t good enough to win the cup this year and if you’re not good enough there is no point in finishing mid pack . Lose as many games as possible fire MB and start fresh next year . Hire a new management group and please remove that stupid prerequisite that you have to speak french . WE WILL NEVER WIN A CUP WITH THAT IN PLACE. It’s holding this franchise back and it’s so fcking sad to see.Evolve and get with the times . Dont let politics and media determine the decisions for what was an amazing franchise. Hire the best guy period god damnit you have just any many fans that don’t speak french as ones that do . The whole approach to this team is just wrong and I’m not surprised with the worst start in franchise history . Toxic Garbage

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He's not doing it on purpose, but his general disposition is quite probably related to Bergevin's inability to bolster the team or even retaining two major players. His heart and motivation might not be there.

That's disgusting if true. Unbecoming of a great player. He's paid handsomely for many years to bring his best to the table. It's not his job to be reflecting on his GM's job. Hasek would not be thought of as the great goalie he was if he had thought that way.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So I get the reservations regarding Roy, but some of you throw him down the gutters before he even has had the chance to actually manage a team. A lot of you were ecstatic when MB came on board. I wasn't. But I was willing to see what he could bring before judging. The same should be extended to the next guy unless it's someone already hired into the foxhole.

Who knows what really happened in Colorado and how much was his and how much was Sakic. Thing is, I seriously doubt anyone sees Roy objectively right now, especially with our perception of big ego types in management.
Whats the major complaints about MB though? Stubborn, arrogant, proud, dumb. Roy has those traits in spades. He's like a supercharged MB.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
That's disgusting if true. Unbecoming of a great player. He's paid handsomely for many years to bring his best to the table. It's not his job to be reflecting on his GM's job. Hasek would not be thought of as the great goalie he was if he had thought that way.
Yeah, I didn't like the rumors last year about him wanting MT out and almost costing the season in the process.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
This team is now a lot worst than when MB took over, the future isn't really bright since we don't have much/any elite prospect. our cap situation isn't bad but it isn't great either because we have a lot of money tied to player that are not performing on the decline or hold very little trade value... WE need to rebuild we don't need any knee jerk trade or sub par asset management.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Is my assumption correct that the Habs would need Yzerman's permission to speak with Brisebois?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think it's just a rough start for Price, he can be better. I'm sure Hasek has had a string of games where he didn't look particularly good either. Happens to everyone.
I don't think he is mopping because of certain moves he disagrees with.

Hasek, even if he didn't have the great names in front of him, still had a squad of Dmen that had a good mix of skills in front of him. Zhitnik and Woodley were pretty good puck movers, McKee and Smehlik were some pretty big and decent defensive guys. They could handle the reality of their era hockey.
Our defense is probably built to be a decent group back in those times, when you could still play clutch and grab hockey, where you could shoved opponents into your crease and if a skate was in, automatic disallowed (ironic that they lost the SC to a bad goal), the game was slower as well.

Not giving a pass to Price, he isn't playing well, but his defense absolutely sucks.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Whats the major complaints about MB though? Stubborn, arrogant, proud, dumb. Roy has those traits in spades. He's like a supercharged MB.

The one I don't agree with is dumb. Roy has a higher IQ than Bergevin. Pretty sure of that. Also, Roy actually won something in hus career. The GM job would not be the culmination of his career, unlike Bargainbin. Oh and less I forget to mention it, Roy is arrogant, Bergevin is pretentious. There's a fine line between the two.

They're different. And one of the major differences imo, would be vision.

Anyway, I hope we have other candidates. But I wouldn't mind if Roy is hired. Like I previously said, I would see what he actually does before equating him with Simple Marc.

And I'm not gonna follow the hfcrowd wisdom on GM hires. Not cautious enough last time got you lot going in total reverse.. maybe too lukewarm towards perceived shortcomings of potential candidates this time around.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Vincent Lecavalier

Jul 3, 2016
Ile Blizzard
How about Ken Dryden? He speaks french (?) and he was a big part of the Leafs organization in the late 90's-early 2000's. And i recall reading him saying that the Habs didn't necessarily need a french coach.

He might be just too out of touch though.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Are we keeping this thread open until Bergevin is fired? I'll call Nov. 12/2017 with an interim being put in place.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
How about Ken Dryden? He speaks french (?) and he was a big part of the Leafs organization in the late 90's-early 2000's. And i recall reading him saying that the Habs didn't necessarily need a french coach.

He might be just too out of touch though.
Perfect guy for team President. Articulate, smart, bi-lingual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad