Marc-Andre Fleury

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
They held his hand, huh?

Held it in 2003 during that entire **** show?

Held it by signing a bonus-heavy ELC then making sure he couldn't earn any bonuses?

Held it by waiting 10 years before bringing in a legit goalie coach who looked at things other than "puck luck?"

hiring a sports psychologist for him, rather than just showing him the door

poor baby couldn't handle the pressure, i'd hate to be in the foxhole with him when bombs are exploding

Bonesy9

Feb 13, 2018
Fleury is awesome, makes me happy to see him succeed.

He is going to go down as one of the best goalies statistically as well.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Fleury is awesome, makes me happy to see him succeed.

He is going to go down as one of the best goalies statistically as well.
I like Fleury but he won't go down as one of the best goalies statistically other than wins. He started at a young age and played on a great team for the majority of his career.

It's nice to see him have this second act in his career though.

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
Vegas was gifted this guy, pens should've traded and got something for him before losing him for nothing. I've been watching hockey since the 21 team era and I've never seen a expansion team gifted a Stanley Cup winning starting goalie in a expansion draft ever, correct me if I'm wrong please.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Vegas was gifted this guy, pens should've traded and got something for him before losing him for nothing. I've been watching hockey since the 21 team era and I've never seen a expansion team gifted a Stanley Cup winning starting goalie in a expansion draft ever, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Being a SC winner on a stacked team is not all that impressive. Especially when the goalie is having ordinary stats and loses starting job on more than one occasion. Great guy but most of playoff runs before this season were very forgettable.

Vezina winner Vanbiesbrouck was claimed by Panthers. Had a great run in playoffs the year Panthers reached SCF.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
They got him to waive his NMC so they could protect Murray. So in a sense, they gave up Fleury and gained Murray. That's not nothing. Also shows what a great guy he is.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Thought he got better in that area this season?
So I've heard but better and good enough for the NHL are two different things. He's coming from a rough place. Fast enough to dominate juniors but I want to see him again before I start getting excited at his prospects of making the bigs. Right now Brannstrom is the only legit defensive prospect they've got in my book (maybe Whitecloud). Big question mark by Hague's name.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Being a SC winner on a stacked team is not all that impressive. Especially when the goalie is having ordinary stats and loses starting job on more than one occasion. Great guy but most of playoff runs before this season were very forgettable.

Vezina winner Vanbiesbrouck was claimed by Panthers. Had a great run in playoffs the year Panthers reached SCF.

Really? Like game 7 last year when he stole the show in Washington??

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Last year was forgettable?

I'm honestly baffled at times what MAF would have to do to convince people that it isn't 2012 anymore.

1,000 times this.

Whatever happened to, "what have you done for me lately?" Because the answer in this case is, a heck of a lot. Pens don't get out of the first round last year without Fleury. I'm not so sure the Pens don't get swept in round two last year without Fleury. And he beat the Kings 7-3 this year... over 4 games!

To reiterate nbonaddio's point - it's not 2012.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad