GDT: Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins 7 PM CBC

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I don't know about you guys but I blame Reilly's obvious lack of compete as mentioned by the commentators tonight. Clearly he should have hopped over the boards, skated 100 feet and stopped that instead of pretended his head couldn't fit in a helmet (regardless of physics), what a bust.

Really though, I am reminded of a certain wide open Chara slap shot that Reimer let in to lose a game and he was attacked for being unable to make "timely saves", well that right there was a lot worse, leaving the net to make a play that didn't need to be made.

Boston was the better team by far and they deserved it, all is right in the end.

yeah that whole segment was pretty pathetic imo

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He got in the way of Marincin. Marincin was stupid to wrap it around, but Bernier was brutal getting back in net & really had no purpose to be back there. When I saw him leave the net I yelled at the TV for him to get back in the net.

I guess I know him better than he knows himself.

100% he will not be here next year!!!

Bernier went out, stopped the puck, passed it on the tape for Marincin, and made sure he had the time to make a good play with it.

Our views on what happened there may vary, but it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that when Marincin got the puck, it was a non-situation. You could see a thousand plays like that, and 999 of them would result in a safe play that kills some time so Bernier can get back. At worst.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
no. if/when Reimer does something dumb or stupid, deepz calls him out too. Honestly, it irks me so much when people want to apply this "you only favour one person" mentality to people. most people are fair, including deepz.

Thanks! I like to spread my blame around because there's a lot of it this season.

On the other hand, Leivo looked good!

Leafsbeast*

That goal was ALL on Bernier. Lazy ass should have hustled back into his net instead of playing ballerina.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Less than a minute left in the game, comes out of his net, gets in the way of his own D that takes his sweet frikking time to get back in net.

The guy is a dunce & plays with his head in the clouds.

Oh what a change of goalie makes. Last night it was poor old reimer deserved better and zero responsibility for any goal.

He took his time coming back cause he didnt expect a TO..or shall i say tape to tae turnover to marchand. There was nothing wrong with playing the puck the team was trapped in its own end the last 10 minutes. Its unfortunate they had a guy playing with zero chemsitry with anybody.

He played a good game but this team has played terrible the past 3. Our goalies the past two have kept it competitive.

RayNibbs

Mar 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Marincin has been doing that EVERY SINGLE TIME he gets the puck down low. head down, throws it out to nowhere blindly hoping it gets out of the zone. How he can do that so consistently and not get absolutely berated by babcock. I really dislike him. I know bernier could've stayed in his net there but this is a consistent problem with marincin, blind passes, and it has caused lines to get hemmed in many times this year simply due to his lack of IQ.

LeafSadist

Sep 8, 2003
Ontario
I dunno whats up with the Hens but eh I can agree with that too lol.

Honestly come playoffs it depends on two players for them..Gallagher and Price. If they are on...I won't be surprised if they get to the ECF easy while the others are following their steps atleast 10 miles behind, because in that locker room those two actually give a flying **** when **** is going down.

As long as they don't win the Cup, it's what is best for hockey and us Leaf fans.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
That goal was ALL on Bernier. Lazy ass should have hustled back into his net instead of playing ballerina.

Marc had enough time to clear it. Youndont realize how fast the game is from a couch sir. He prolly aldo didnt expect a to right into marchand stick

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Thanks! I like to spread my blame around because there's a lot of it this season.

Ahh yes our bright spot. I've been paying more and more attention to him and looks like the extra seasoning in the minors is paying off. Defensive awareness has really improved for him

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
I could live with Pittsburgh getting the 1st overall draft pick! I could not live with the Habs or Sens getting it! :shakehead

I can't live with Pitt getting the first overall. I still believe things were slanted towards them for Crosby and they don't deserve it.

I can't live with Sens Habs Pens and Oilers getting it. Sabres Blue Jackets are fine.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Took me a while to realize you were talking about Marincin.

He's better than he looks. Very good positioning and use of his reach to affect the play, though not as flashy as the big hits type of defenseman. Certainly not a top 4, but a decent #6 or passable #5 is pretty reasonable.

Maybe true, I sure expected more than a bottom pairing upside. I'd rather see some other prospects get a chance in that role for the rest of the season.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

you are welcome.

and he really really does. honestly, im glad he's making the most of his opportunity.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Marc had enough time to clear it. Youndont realize how fast the game is from a couch sir. He prolly aldo didnt expect a to right into marchand stick

During a hockey game crap happens, and, when it happens, it happens fast. You got to be ready for the unexpected at all times!

Bernier can lack intensity at times.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Why isn't Harrington playing that sixth spot. He's been the best option all along.

And Freose needs to see the press box.

I can't wait to see Leivo, Willy, Soshnikov, Hyman and Marner next year instead of this garbage

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I can't live with Pitt getting the first overall. I still believe things were slanted towards them for Crosby and they don't deserve it.

I can't live with Sens Habs Pens and Oilers getting it. Sabres Blue Jackets are fine.

Eichel and Matthews 6x a season? Nty! If we don't get 1st OA, I will hope for either Columbus or Anaheim (where we will never hear about how we don't have him)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I am just glad the no one had to step up and turtle if Marchand started to push them around.

Clune being showcased for deadline time is my bet. That sort of pugnacity just doesn't fit here.

mikebel111*

I am just glad the no one had to step up and turtle if Marchand started to push them around.

Clune being showcased for deadline time is my bet. That sort of pugnacity just doesn't fit here.

I dont mind the useless goons. We need losses at this stage. As Carlyle found out, when you dress them, you callapse in game 7 and at end of season. Carlyle knows how to callapse

However with Babcock being amazing, he is dressing NHL players.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
:laugh:

Had to log in to see how many here would try to blame Bernier.

Made 42 saves, stood on his head and was the only reason this game wasnt a blowout. Tank commander Marincin made a beauty pass tape to tape for the assist on the winner and it's Bernier's fault? Some of you are too much sometimes.

The Leafs are playing some bad hockey lately and the keepers aint the problem.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
If Reimer did the exact same thing I would blame Reimer. I've advocated for trading Reimer and having Bernier be our goalie the rest of the season.

People are incredibly sensitive to put any blame on Bernier. Marincin is to blame, Bernier is partially at fault.

No, that's not what people are sensitive to. People are sensitive to you saying 'Atta boy Bernier, forget to stay in your net and help the tank' (I'm paraphrasing). Which doesn't sound like you blame Marincin by the way. I think your dislike for Bernier didn't allow you to watch the play unfold as it actually happened, and then when people pointed out what did happen you backpedalled more furiously than Colburn from Making a Murderer.

no. if/when Reimer does something dumb or stupid, deepz calls him out too. Honestly, it irks me so much when people want to apply this "you only favour one person" mentality to people. most people are fair, including deepz.

Most people are not fair haha, look at JvR for instance. Half the people on this board are trying to ship the guy out, there's one rumour saying that Leafs management won't trade him and everyone is suddenly proclaiming their love for him. People around here contribute to the circle jerk more often than they actually watch and process what happens on the ice.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Laine or Matthews, will make losses like this seem ages ago. We need them really badly. Hate losing to the b's but well hopefully we are rewarded at the draft.

edit: on a side not habs lost in ot. Hopefully they keep therrien along, and do a stupid trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad