GDT: Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins 7 PM CBC

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Maple Leafs-Boston Bruins: Saturday game preview

The Bruins have the top-ranked home power play in the league at 32.8 per cent.

By: Kevin McGran Sports Reporter, Published on Fri Jan 15 2016

TD GARDEN

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: TSN 1050

Key matchup:Nazem Kadri vs. Patrice Bergeron.

Leafs centre Kadri has been getting the choice assignments lately, and none might be tougher than facing one of the best two-way forwards in the NHL. Bergeron has won a whopping 56.8 per cent of his faceoffs compared to Kadri’s 51.1 per cent.

Need to know: The Bruins were 17-7-0 when scoring first heading into Friday night’s game against Buffalo . . . This will be Boston’s sixth of 11 back-to-back sets. They are 3-1-1 in the second game of back-to-backs . . . The Bruins were on a 1-4-1 skid in January . . . The Bruins have the top-ranked home power play in the league (21 for 64, 32.8 per cent) . . . Bergeron and Loui Eriksson each have eight power play goals . . . Brad Marchand has three short-handed goals.

Up next: Tuesday, Leafs at Flyers, 7 p.m., TSN4.

Last edited:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I hope the Leafs can beat the odds tonight. They're starting to turn an all too familiar corner.

One that was most expected, granted, but one I was hoping they'd find a way to steer clear of that turn this season.

JVR is an incredibly tough loss to overcome. Fitting that tank fans have the Shark tank to thank to kick off the Leafs turn in fortune.

Thanks Budsfan for the GDT!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the GDT, Budsfan...

First... I will address last night's game....

Ummmmmm.......

..So how about that 2016 Draft... :laugh:

If there is a team we really need to beat for some satisfaction..., this is the team..!

Here's a great memory from last season.., to give out some hope to the Leafs fans...
Hope that the title of this song comes true..!

Leafs Resurrection: Toronto vs Boston 6-1 Blowout - TML

GO LEAFS GO !!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Bruins are due for a loss. They've won 1 in a row.
We got this. Start a new Boston losing streak.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Expecting another loss tonight. Bruins have been really good on the road and I don't expect the offense to come roaring back tonight against them.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
This one of those games that could keep the "playoff" hopes alive or signal the beginning of the end for this group. TDL is coming quick, let's see if some of these boys can understand that their careers are on the line

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Man, I hope Zaitsev will be as good for us as Panarin has been for the Hawks.

As long as nothing has changed it's been said he's coming here. We could really use a RHD that can play in a top 4.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Meh...i don't even care anymore. Just looking forward to deadline day, and draft day.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I just don't want to see Grabner in the top 6. He sucks and he's not going to return anything at the deadline. It really makes me question Babcock's coaching ability seeing him on a line where it's clearly not working and also not improving anyone's trade value.

You could pretty much stick anyone on the wing with Kadri and Komorov and they should look good... but Grabner is Clarkson level bad and destroys the whole line.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Interesting after such a brutal defensive night in terms of giveaways from the defence, there's no change to the line-up.

Not to say that Corrado is an upgrade on anyone in the current line-up, but the team has looked very sloppy in their own end and I thought could use a bit of a wake-up call. Take Gardiner out for a game to let him know he should be better. Same goes for Phaneuf.

mikebel111*

I just don't want to see Grabner in the top 6. He sucks and he's not going to return anything at the deadline. It really makes me question Babcock's coaching ability seeing him on a line where it's clearly not working and also not improving anyone's trade value.

You could pretty much stick anyone on the wing with Kadri and Komorov and they should look good... but Grabner is Clarkson level bad and destroys the whole line.

Lets calm down:)

1AM

Jan 15, 2016
Atlantic Canada
Looking for a bounce back game here with Leafs 4 -1 Win

Boston tough guy out??

Hoping that the League Leading Reimer gets the call

Go Leafs Go

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
anyone know if bernier has been confirmed the starter or is it reimer again?

Toronto Maple Leafs

Jonathan Bernier will get the start against Boston tonight. The Maple Leafs play in back-to-back games this weekend and James Reimer played against the Blackhawks Friday night. - TSN

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Leafs winning in regulation helps Pittsburgh make the playoffs in a small indirect way.

Let's go boys

Also screw the B's. I visited Boston two years ago and they had a pub with a wall dedicated to the Bruins beating the leafs in the playoffs a few years ago. Not the cup win. Beating the leafs in round 1

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards

23 Matthias - 42 Bozak - 15 Parenteau
40 Grabner - 43 Kadri - 47 Komarov
26 Winnik - 24 Holland - 19 Lupul
32 Leivo - 56 Froese - 28 Boyes

Defence

51 Gardiner - 3 Phaneuf
2 Hunwick - 44 Rielly
52 Marincin - 46 Polak

Goaltenders

45 Bernier
34 Reimer

Boston Bruins

Forwards

63 Marchand - 37 Bergeron - 14 Connolly
39 Beleskey - 51 Spooner - 21 Eriksson
72 Vatrano - 41 Kemppainen - 11 Hayes
36 Rinaldo - 25 Talbot - 29 Ferraro

Defence

33 Chara - 62 Trotman
44 Seidenberg - 48 C. Miller
47 Krug - 86 K. Miller

Goaltenders

40 Rask
50 Gustavsson

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I doubt were gonna be worse than 3rd or 4th last anyways
Buffalo, Columbus and Edmonton are just too ****
I wouldn't mind a W tonight because I despise the Bruins, but a loss is fine with me too

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I doubt were gonna be worse than 3rd or 4th last anyways
Buffalo, Columbus and Edmonton are just too ****
I wouldn't mind a W tonight because I despise the Bruins, but a loss is fine with me too

Edmonton doesn't have McDavid, Buffalo won't sell as much as us at the TDL and Columbus really isn't that bad of a team. We're not that far ahead of any of these 3 teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad