Speculation: Maple Leafs To Sign NCAA/CHL Free Agent?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Ryan Donato looks like an intriguing signing. Hardworking Babcock type of player.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Ryan Donato looks like an intriguing signing. Hardworking Babcock type of player.

He looks very interesting but he is a Boston boy and son of ex Bruin Ted Donato. There is no indication he doesn't intend to sign with the Bs. A coming free agent based on timing only.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
We have two open slots but aren't there a couple unsigned draft picks for those spots coming up in the next few months?

My belief is they will trade JVR's negotiating rights for a 3rd round pic or something like that. Is that what historically seems to be the value? Komarov and Bozak will be gone. I can only see them keeping Bozak if the dollar number comes out positive. I like him on this team long term since we need a steady veteran presence, I don't think Gautier will ever be as productive as Bozak and who will play 3rd line centre next year. I head some discussion that Nylander is being groomed as a centre man but where? You have Mathews at 1st line and Kadri on second and Nylander is too valuable to be on the third line, so he will be a fixture on the wing with Mathews. So with attrition we may have 4-5 spots open but there are pics to sign. At some point I think they will have to send out a package of prospects to open up contract spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad