Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Sign NCAA FA - C/W Casey Bailey

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He played well - perfect case study as to why coaches should give kids more tham 5min of 4th line duty.

Holland had the same issue - he didn't start to play well until he was given more icetime.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
A couple of games ago he started going to the net & was rewarded for it yesterday. He does have a nose for the net & I think the potential to be a pretty good goal scorer. If he goes & works his butt off in the off season & gets lots of playing time in the AHL to start the season, I think he will be back soon.

& congrats on the 1st star.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Was really impressed with the kid there last night. He looked nervous to me in the first few games. Last night was the first night he looked like he was comfortable out there, and he drove the net, shot the puck, and forechecked hard. Good signing by the recently departed. Strikes me as someone who could turn into a middle-sixer. He's certainly got the size, skill and shot. He's been largely developing on his own/with the college, so lets see what he can do after an offseason of training and development with an NHL team

RayNibbs

Mar 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
huh? age is largely irrelevant, he will obviously need time with the marlies to develop his game

This. Im sure with the facilities available to the marlies compared to other AHL clubs he landed in a great spot at a critical time in his career. An off season with barb and some AHL seasoning to get his game/confidence steadied will do wonders. He's got the drive and humility thats for sure.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
Was really impressed with the kid there last night. He looked nervous to me in the first few games. Last night was the first night he looked like he was comfortable out there, and he drove the net, shot the puck, and forechecked hard. Good signing by the recently departed. Strikes me as someone who could turn into a middle-sixer. He's certainly got the size, skill and shot. He's been largely developing on his own/with the college, so lets see what he can do after an offseason of training and development with an NHL team

Agreed.

When he initially signed, his shot was something that was mentioned by Nonis at the time. For a winger like that, who works to find the soft spots of the ice to get into shooting position, adjusting to the NHL would probably be a bit troublesome at first, what with the less amount of time and space available.

Last night, Casey looked to be moving his feet and was active along the wall, while going hard to the net when warranted. He certainly didn't look out of place, IMO.

As some have mentioned (including Horachek), he can definitely still work on his explosiveness and first step.

If he can do that, as well as learn the nuances of finding the soft spots and high slot in an NHL environment, I feel he could be a solid Middle 6er.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
[nhl]807447[/nhl]

casey bailey - 11/04/2015

casey bailey speaks with media following his first nhl career goal in a 4-3 shootout loss to the canadiens on saturday night.

4/12/2015 3:04 mins

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
[nhl]806527[/nhl]

bailey's first nhl goal - 11/04/2015

watch as casey bailey scores his first nhl career goal to give the maple leafs a 2-1 lead over the canadiens.

4/11/2015 1:00 mins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad