Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Sign NCAA FA - C/W Casey Bailey

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45878

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...-free-agents-that-could-soon-land-in-the-nhl/

Casey Bailey, RW
Junior, Penn State University (Big Ten)
The most coveted forward on the collegiate free agent market this season is Penn State junior Casey Bailey. The Buffalo Sabres are among numerous NHL teams vying for Bailey’s services, and it’s not hard to see why.

The Anchorage, AK native leads the Nittany Lions in both goals (21) and points (37) playing in all 32 games to date. He currently leads the nation with an astounding 186 shots on goals and his 21 goals are tied for fifth. Bailey is the right wing on one of the Big Ten’s most dynamic lines that also features sophomore David Goodwin and senior Taylor Holstrom.

Bailey is a 6’3”, 205-pound power forward who is one of the nation’s most prolific shooters, averaging nearly six shots per game. He possesses great vision and does a great job of finding the soft spots. Bailey is especially dangerous below the dots. His size and strength makes him a difficult player to move off the puck. Bailey is an excellent skater with good speed and strong strides. He possesses a high level of competitiveness and brings an element of grit to his game.

But what has scouts clamoring to get glimpses of Bailey is his shot and how he shoots the puck. He’s developed one of the hardest shots in college hockey. Bailey uses his tremendous lower body strength to get into and add velocity to his shots. Furthermore, he shoots with remarkable accuracy. While Bailey’s shots may not always end up in the net, it’s not often that they the miss the net entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Apparently don't know how to use the "TWEET" function. Could someone help me out? Can't edit.

Chris Peters @chrismpeters · 11m 11 minutes ago

Quick notes on Bailey: Great as frosh, so-so as soph, scoring machine as jr. 23yo, 6-3, 195. Heck of a shot. 22 G, 40 pts in 37 GP this year

Chris Peters @chrismpeters · 10m 10 minutes ago

Some additional info: Bailey leads country with 211 shots on goal, average of 5.70 per game. 17 goals at even strength.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Haven't seen him play, but most reports peg him as a big-bodied shooting machine.

Considered to play a power-forward style and has a competitive nature to him, could be a good pick up. Eliteprospects has him as a C and consider him the best forward on the college market this year. Could be a bigger, more tenacious Matt Frattin?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
you don't put the tweet inside the tweet code, just the number at the end of the tweet url

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Apparently don't know how to use the "TWEET" function. Could someone help me out? Can't edit.

Chris Peters @chrismpeters · 11m 11 minutes ago

Quick notes on Bailey: Great as frosh, so-so as soph, scoring machine as jr. 23yo, 6-3, 195. Heck of a shot. 22 G, 40 pts in 37 GP this year

Chris Peters @chrismpeters · 10m 10 minutes ago

Some additional info: Bailey leads country with 211 shots on goal, average of 5.70 per game. 17 goals at even strength.

what you want to do - is click the time (so the 10m)

then you'll see a list of numbers
then do [*tweet]LIST OF NUMBERS[*/tweet]

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
you don't put the tweet inside the tweet code, just the number at the end of the tweet url

Thanks

Does anyone know how he is on the draw? Should he play centre in the NHL or does he project to be a winger? Don't see too many shooting centres

FWIW in response to a question about his projection in the NHL-

Chris Peters ‏@chrismpeters 2m2 minutes ago

he's a wing

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I've never seen him play, but his numbers are nice.

Since Shanny arrived:

Nylander, Leipsic, Soshnikov, maybe Bailey, and likely Marner/Strome/Hanifan. Could even argue Booth/Santorelli.

Don't think this is a coincidence, we're headed in the right direction on how to play and what type of talent is needed in an organization; whether they make it or not.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
hmmm, everywhere seems to list him as a center, but Chris Peters of CBS Sports says he is a winger

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Assuming Bailey signs with the Leafs, you guys got a good one. I graduated from Penn State last May so obviously, I've watched a lot of Penn State hockey since we made the transition to D1. The first thing you'll notice about Bailey is that he's a big guy who uses his body well and has an absolute BOMB of a shot. It's impressive. He also has good accuracy. He also knows where to be on the ice in terms of finding good spots to shoot. And as someone else pointed it out earlier, he's not afraid to shoot. I absolutely think he has top six potential though I'm not sure how long it'll take him to get there.

In terms of whether he's a center or wing, he played both a lot this season.

If/when you guys sign him, congrats. I was really hoping the Pens would sign him.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
a 6'3 centre, and/or a 6/3 winger.
pretty darn good.

Get it done, Nonahan.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
A big shooter, haven't really had one of those in a while. JVR could be but he passes to Kessel a lot. Wonder if he could turn into a more physical version of him if we sign him. Frattin was supposed to be that guy

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
If hypothetically Casey Bailey was available in the upcoming draft... approximately what number/round would he be drafted at?

Just trying to gauge how valuable of a prospect this guy is.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
If hypothetically Casey Bailey was available in the upcoming draft... approximately what number/round would he be drafted at?

Just trying to gauge how valuable of a prospect this guy is.

he's 27th in D1 scoring.
(if this helps)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad