Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Officially Sign Calle Rosen | Also Sign Andreas Borgman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good for the Leafs. Keep signing guys. Finding players overseas is a good way to keep adding to the pool of talent. Draft, sign, and trade. Use everything at their disposal to get better.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Borgman was the real deal last season. Hard to tell if these guys will have what it takes to transition their game to the NHL, but nevertheless two good signings for us.

Any scouting report/NHL comparables for Borgman? I can't find much online.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
In other news, my sources (can't name them) have confirmed that on Friday the Leafs will announce that they signed the rest of Europe too. Like, the continent itself and everything it contains.

so the European part of Russia too? :sarcasm:

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
it's maybe not as important that media and fans make it out to be.

Sorry, I think it is from the numbers. And I think from his usage Bobcat thinks so too.
(lol Bobcat. The only good thing Romanuk has ever done in his life. Of course, could be the Margarhitas talking)

Last edited:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Being as I know nothing about any of these guys, is Holm considered to be the best of the 3 at this point in time? Most NHL ready?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I like the signings and this tells me that they have Rielly most likely slated on the Right side going into next season and are encouraging internal competition.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Borgman holy CRAP, Hes young lot of time to develop into something . Our staff sure drive a hard bargain

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hard to know how they will translate to the AHL/NHL but it looks to me like Rosen is slated to replace Marincin as at least the #6-7 defenseman. Borgman will very likely start in the AHL.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Awesome! Reports linked upwards of 5 teams to Borgman and 3 (incl. Chicago) to Rosén. We managed to scoop up both.

Their age is also promising. I'm assuming both intend to compete for a roster spot but at 21 and 23 respectively, each can afford a development year if necessary.

Wonder if a Holm signing is still coming or whether that was just an error on the part of the Swedish press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad