Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled forward Nick Robertson from the Toronto Marlies

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I like Mik, but it really feels like he doesn't wanna be here. I think we are a better team with him though, he kind of reminds me of Kulemin in his best years here.

In which way does Mikheyev remind you of Kulemin in his best years? 30 goals 57 points 2010 - 11?

Reactions: supermann_98

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Bunting 34 Marner
Robertson JT Nylander
Mikheyev Kerfoot Kase
Spezza Kampf Simmonds

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I’m interested to see Robertson up, possibly with Tavares. I do sometimes wonder if the management team pulls the trigger on these promotions a little too quickly though. Guy’s been back for what, a month after a massive leg injury?

Good point. I was thinking this too but if it's to try him on the second line to give them a boost then go for it now and see what you might have there before the deadline. It comes with a bit of risk but maybe he provides a spark and they look more at D then.

It could have a big ripple effect because you could slot Kerfoot lower in the lineup which is almost a luxury and the 3rd line could do more damage. You can then peddle off Engvall or mik and use them in a trade for the D they need.

Just spitballing but it opens up more options at the deadline if some young guys come in now and play well.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I like Mik, but it really feels like he doesn't wanna be here. I think we are a better team with him though, he kind of reminds me of Kulemin in his best years here.
It can't work for Mik here as he wants top 6 $$$ .. he is gone this summer no matter what .. from what I hear he was promised top 6 minutes to produce top 6 numbers and he really hasn't gotten that chance .. now he hasn't earned those minutes so I can see Leafs side too .. bottom line he will be part of a trade package as he is a UFA this summer so he value has limits OR he will be depth and may or may not play in playoffs

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Good point. I was thinking this too but if it's to try him on the second line to give them a boost then go for it now and see what you might have there before the deadline. It comes with a bit of risk but maybe he provides a spark and they look more at D then.

It could have a big ripple effect because you could slot Kerfoot lower in the lineup which is almost a luxury and the 3rd line could do more damage. You can then peddle off Engvall or mik and use them in a trade for the D they need.

Just spitballing but it opens up more options at the deadline if some young guys come in now and play well.

For sure. If it pays off it gives us weapons and we don’t need to find a rental at forward, clarifying the deadline picture.

I guess just for discussion purposes I notice Robertson is never really in one place for very long…

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
That wouldn't even start the conversation unless the Prospects are the top guys. Mikheyev has no value to them and Holl is pretty much a dump.

I think they'd receive value from Mikheyev (more value obviously if re-signed) and Holl (his contract term lines up with that of Miller). I do agree that the prospects/futures would have to be the best part of the trade for Vancouver though.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
For sure. If it pays off it gives us weapons and we don’t need to find a rental at forward, clarifying the deadline picture.

I guess just for discussion purposes I notice Robertson is never really in one place for very long…

Yeah it'd help at the deadline forsure but that's a lot of what ifs at this point. Either way I think it'll be interesting this year more then years past to see what they do.

Pressure has never been higher on Dubas especially after Muzzin going on LTIR.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I see we are back to pushing the "all Leafs are shit value" narrative again.

Yet nearly every Leafs that goes on waivers gets claimed.

Proof that cognitive dissonance and mass-formation psychosis are real.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think they'd receive value from Mikheyev (more value obviously if re-signed) and Holl (his contract term lines up with that of Miller). I do agree that the prospects/futures would have to be the best part of the trade for Vancouver though.
Sure there would be some value but minimal at best.
A rebuilding team wouldn't mind throwing Holl out there, he will certainly help them secure a better pick.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Pumped to see what Robertson can bring. Tavares/Nylander need a jolt to get them out of their funk.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not convinced he even plays.

Mik left the game because of a non Covid illness which probably means he had the shits, that's not a big deal I'd expect him ready to go tomorrow, Monday for sure.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
No it's, they dumped Ritchie, they can dump Engvall.

In fact let me change that up, they didn't dump Ritchie they got value for him.
I did not say that .. all i said it will be much harder to move Engval than Mik .. i did not say either could not be moved .. it was a comparative

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
With muzzin being kucherov'd they can carry the full 23 man roster with no penalty so no surprise to see the callups.

And with the 2nd line struggling and Nick seemingly a naural fit there, and with Mikky a bit sick, then maybe they decide to slot Nick right in there and see what happens

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad