Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled forward Nick Robertson from the Toronto Marlies

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
he;s getting NHL money he's happy playing or not
just be nice to see him get more of a chance. 5mins just feels too low for a 60min game
It is but that doesn't seem typical. Aren't they usually around 9/10 minutes?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
There is value in practicing with the team and being in the room. They have Spezza to mentor him and Simmonds to watch his back. I think that's a good way to help him break in, he won't be on the 4th line forever. I don't see the issue at all.
I’d rather him running the show in the minors than playing a bit role here. Is he up here to build his confidence, he said he wants to take the next step this call up, where’s the opportunity? You’re learning nothing playing 5 minutes, Keefe needs to give him a regular shift or let him dominate in the minors imo.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Looked excellent in the Detroit game, quiet in the Caps game, but hard to expect much with 5min TOI.

I'm most impressed with his puck management so far. Always seems to be able to keep plays alive under pressure in tight quarters. Wizard with the puck on his stick.

I understand easing him into the lineup by making him earn his opportunities, but if he's not on PP2 by the 10 game mark, they're mismanaging him. Easily the most pure skill player outside of the 1st unit, of which has struggled with awful puck management by having several players with stone hands populate it.

Reactions: Le Cobra

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
5-10 minutes is fine for him for a couple weeks to a month. He can use that time to work harder than anyone in practice and show he deserves an expanded role come the end if the season and going into the playoffs. He can use the rest of his time learning what it is to be a professional. The experience of him being with one of the best teams in the league instead of riding a bus on a not great Marlies team is invaluable. He will get an expanded role no need to worry about it after 2 games

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
Personally, I’d give him a couple looks but given his size and the style of play of our team I don’t see us needing a player like him. I’d love to use him in a Chychrun deal

Reactions: Stigma

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Get him off that god damn line with Simmonds.

Simmonds instantly kills any offensive play.
For an offensive young guy like Robertson, what better way to kill his confidence than to pair him with Simmonds.

Give him a shot on the 2nd line with with Nylander or at least on the 3rd line with Mik.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

For an offensive young guy like Robertson, what better way to kill his confidence than to pair him with Simmonds.

Give him a shot on the 2nd line with with Nylander or at least on the 3rd line with Mik.

He's played 42 games since junior in 2020.

Like to see what he could do with better linemates, but we could say that about some other Marlies who are at or near PPG for the full season.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013

Do NOT touch that third line.

Reactions: Le Cobra and ER89

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
People can rest a bit easier tonight, he got over 11 minutes

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
I love the heart but the last thing we need is another run and gun player. We need more bruisers out there to balance out all the finesse. And I mean actual bruisers, not a guy in a giraffe costume who gets knocked down by players half his size.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I don’t see it with Robertson. Not an NHL player yet. Should be seasoning and developing in the AHL with ample PP time.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Meh your opinion it's all.good...tje guy is having 1 career year and you want to pretend like he's a perennial 80pt player sorry I don't look at single year as what a player is
With the board moving and stuff, I missed this reply. He was over a ppg in 2019 also. It’s not just one year. He put up 20+ goals in 3 straight years earlier too, while getting 15-17 minutes a game and not much pp time for the first two years.

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad