GDT: Maple Leafs at Flyers on TSN 4 7:00pm EST

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Did Lou break Robidas' legs? There has been zero media attention to him.

haha was wondering about this in the morning. Almost seems he's disappeared completely. Lou magic.

I think it's because he was sent home. He isn't in Toronto. Isn't at the games. Isn't at practices.

They put him on LTIR in hopes that EVERYONE would forget about him, and it worked.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
So Reimer is in net for tonight. Either Babcock likes him more over Bernier or management wants him to play more to try to increase his trade value by the deadline.

Jesus.

We are still doing this stuff?

One of the Leafs goaltenders has played like a #1.

The other looks like he'd struggle to stop a beach ball from 100 feet away.

The Reimer vs Bernier debate was a debate at the beginning of the year.

It's no longer a debate. One guy has outplayed the other and has earned the role.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
So Clune goes in and Leivo out....when the team can't score....and Clune will be gone by the end of the year if not before.
Makes sense.....

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Jesus.

We are still doing this stuff?

One of the Leafs goaltenders has played like a #1.

The other looks like he'd struggle to stop a beach ball from 100 feet away.

The Reimer vs Bernier debate was a debate at the beginning of the year.

It's no longer a debate. One guy has outplayed the other and has earned the role.

I agree that Reimer is our starter until he messes up badly or gets trade.

But I wouldn't count Bernier out either. He's going to do a hell of a lot better going forward than he has been so far this season.

In his last ten starts, he played great in 6 of them, was mediocre in two (but still won one), and got blown out in two (and wasn't even bad in SJ until we had clearly lost). Given the way the Leafs have been playing lately, that's about as good as you can hope for, even from a pretty good goaltender.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I do not get the Leivo scratch? ... :amazed:

I'm sure there's a reason and it's doubtful that reason is Babcock is aware they have been having trouble scoring and thinks Clune is the answer over Leivo.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I think I recall HBO 24/7 Leafs and Red Wings where Babcock had been scratching top young players for the wings. I'm sure there are good reasons for Leivo not playing.

champs*

I read somewhere that the reason Larkin decided to leave college and join the wings was because babacock was gone.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Historically the Leafs get thumped in Philly. Buffalo bad(if not worse).

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leivo being scratched is likely only temporary, I expect him to be a full-time Leaf after the TDL.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Bernier was starting to play well so in the best interest of a high draft pick they are now playing Reimer.Leafs management definitely have a plan.

Last edited:

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
So Reimer is in net for tonight. Either Babcock likes him more over Bernier or management wants him to play more to try to increase his trade value by the deadline.

Either we get Reimer his first win since Nov 20 or we extend our longest losing streak of the season to 6 tonight. Blue Jackets can past us with a win tonight too if we lose but they're up against Washington so thats kinda unlikely.

I don't think it's about Babcock liking him more, it's just that Reimer has earned this start based on his play most of the year.

Both goalies were good in the losses on the weekend; the logical choice is to go with the guy who has given you the better chance to win all year and is near the top of the league in save percentage, rather than the guy sitting near the bottom. This is simply a coaching decision, methinks.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
I was looking too. There's absolutely nothing right now to suggest that.

I would suggest that Reimer starts on Thursday unless he plays exceptionally poorly tonight. He's earned a run in goal, and with few back to backs coming up, he has a chance to get that run in.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Bernier was starting to play well so in the best interest of a high draft pick they are now playing Reimer.Leafs management definitely have a plan.

To suggest a conspiracy that Babcock is following a script from management would ignore all his "I'm here to win" decisions so far this season. Not buying that nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad