GDT: FIN vs. SUI May 21, 2024

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I've watched our team perform for many years, and I know that they tend to step it up in big games, even with a mediocre roster. But this time I genuinely feel that this team just sucks. The coaches seem to have so much faith in their "system" that they believed picking any half-ass hockey player will do, without paying much attention to chemistry on the ice.

If I'm wrong, and they put up a hell of a game against Sweden, I'll freely admit to being a hater. But that's just how I feel based on what I've seen so far.
Dont get me wrong, i really understand if Finnish fans dont belive in this years team. That is not being a hater. It is called being realistic. The problem is, you can never count Finland out, in anything, so in that regard i am very proud of my neighbour Finland overall. But terrified when it comes to hockey. We realy hate loosing against each other, as brothers usually do.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Dont get me wrong, i really understand if Finnish fans dont belive in this years team. That is not being a hater. It is called being realistic. The problem is, you can never count Finland out, in anything, so in that regard i am very proud of my neighbour Finland overall. But terrified when it comes to hockey. We realy hate losing against each other, as brothers usually do.
This. Finland has won with as big talent differences as this before, woth worse coaches.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
I don't know, it's not like Glauser moved suddenly or anything.

I think Granlund immediately regretted it.
You can see that he immediately stopped and apologises. Bad bad optics specially because it was in retaliation for a very standard body check, but it's fair to say that it wasn't very malicious. Bad outcome, bad reasons for it, he f***ed up and he immediately knew it, but he did not do that with the intention of caving Glauser face in.
Hope he gets away without a suspension, honestly, even though it would be probably the right punishment, specially because it was soo late in the match

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
You can see that he immediately stopped and apologises. Bad bad optics specially because it was in retaliation for a very standard body check, but it's fair to say that it wasn't very malicious. Bad outcome, bad reasons for it, he f***ed up and he immediately knew it, but he did not do that with the intention of caving Glauser face in.
Hope he gets away without a suspension, honestly, even though it would be probably the right punishment, specially because it was soo late in the match
I feel exactly that way. I do not think Granlund wanted to injure Glauser, as you mention, the reaction says it all. Still, after a regular fair check, you could see his wires just crossed and he did not let go until he hit him in the face. You have to face consequences for your actions. And let's be honest, there were no consequences for him in this game, so I expect a suspension, otherwise guys can start handing crosschecks to throaths late in games when down without any consequences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad