GDT: Maple Leafs at Flyers on TSN 4 7:00pm EST

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I could see this game being a bit of a blowout.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Losing streak has to end sometime.
Leafs will win to disappoint the tank crowd.
Philly will lose to crush the spirit of their fans waiting for them to move into a wild card spot.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
We can't score for crap and Leivo sits for Clune? Cool.

Leivo has not been on fire scoring wise, I get it but... meh.

Nothing will change with this team until commitment is made to developing youth at the NHL level. Leivo has displayed his strengths well, and can be molded into a useful asset (don't feel this way about Marincin). If Babcock is in the winning business I don't see how scratching Leivo over Clune could possibly better their chances. Bad move for the present AND future.
:rant::rant::rant:

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Until the math don't work no more...

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Reimer is healthy so he's you starter. Why is this hard to figure out for some?

Bernier played the second night of a back to back game.

Reimer's numbers are MILES superior this season.

Good call Babs.
Currently the math doesn't work. I mean if you're the most optimistic of people sure it works, but for realist the math doesn't work.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Have we been in dead last yet this year? Prayin' for 30 - lets go CLB!

we were in early october before Columbus, Columbus'ed

Coughtankcough

;)

:laugh:

as Columbus is facing Washington, Edmonton is facing Tampa, Calgary is NJ...
I am just hoping that everything unfolds that benefits the Leafs in the end.

take that as you will :laugh:

Time to time, I tend to forget that Robidas is even a Leaf.

me too.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Currently the math doesn't work. I mean if you're the most optimistic of people sure it works, but for realist the math doesn't work.

A five game win streak would change a realists mind about the math possibly working though.

Its extremely doubtful without JVR, but not impossible if Reimer keep his numbers at the level they currently are.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Until the math don't work no more...

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Reimer is healthy so he's you starter. Why is this hard to figure out for some?

Bernier played the second night of a back to back game.

Reimer's numbers are MILES superior this season.

Good call Babs.

Bernier is getting the start vs CAR

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Is leivo your new grabovski man crush? you have had a strong leivo agenda lately

Not a Wave fan, but Leivo has been really good since coming up.

Beast on the boards, good stick work, he has size and speed, been robbed or set up teammate's who have been robbed.

He's also been on the 4th line with Froese and Boyes...I really like Leivo over a guy like Clune but that's just me.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

Beast on the boards, good stick work, he has size and speed, been robbed or set up teammate's who have been robbed.

He's also been on the 4th line with Froese and Boyes...I really like Leivo over a guy like Clune but that's just me.

I like leivo, but the remedial always picks his favorites and bashes basically everyone else.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Leivo scratched for Clune today.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I like leivo, but the remedial always picks his favorites and bashes basically everyone else.

I won't bash everyone else, just a fan of Leivo so far, I'd rather have him around and get the NHL experience, although he'll get it anyway once we trade guys

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

I'm sure that's the same for everyone. How could you not?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm sure that's the same for everyone. How could you not?

You'll have the odd buffoon who takes Clune over Leivo because he fights. *shrug*

I don't see what Leivo did to get sat. He created enough for me in limited ice time, I would have thought he deserved more ice time, not a benching.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
You'll have the odd buffoon who takes Clune over Leivo because he fights. *shrug*

I don't see what Leivo did to get sat. He created enough for me in limited ice time, I would have thought he deserved more ice time, not a benching.

I imagine Clune is dressed because of the opponent not to bench Leivo.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So Reimer is in net for tonight. Either Babcock likes him more over Bernier or management wants him to play more to try to increase his trade value by the deadline.

Reimer has been the best goalie in the league this year, Bernier the worst.

how is this move even debatable?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
lol Leivo scratched. He's been fine.

I get you can't just give them minutes, they have to earn them, but he has not been bad, he has earned them.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
For Babcock to actually play a player like Clune ahead of Leivo is baffling. Why not scratch Lupul instead? Or Boyes? I don't like this at all. A young player gets sat instead of a veteran. Lupul's value might actually go up if you sat him :laugh::sarcasm:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leivo scratched?

Keep calm and trust the Babcock

Red Wings fans warned us that he'll scratch kids before vets in the line up ... So I'm not entirely surprised

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad