Maple Leafs at 2016 World Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Canada should easily smash these two teams. I thought Canada's defense was bad, then I watched this game against two other 'powerhouses'.

Realistically it should be Canada vs Russia in the finals.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Matthews was consistently strong thruout the entire game.
Laine had some impressive spurts but also went invisible for stretchs.

Matthews is ALOT better/polished right now than I had anticipated.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Why do all European buildings have cars at the side behind the glass? Also noticed Islanders have this too .. what is the point

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Which would speak to him being one of the les reliable defensive forwards? Never said he was a huge liability just that he is not one of their go to guys in these situations.

Which would make sense in that situation. If it was Americans its likely Matthews isn't on the ice either.

You can bet if it was for the tying goal he would be out there though.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Matthews was consistently strong thruout the entire game.
Laine had some impressive spurts but also went invisible for stretchs.

Matthews is ALOT better/polished right now than I had anticipated.

This..

That's what I was saying earlier, with all the Matthews or Laine debating we haven't been commenting on just how impressive the kid is. He has been exceeding my expectations that's for sure.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
So far Matthews played against 2 good competition and stood his ground. He hasn't looked out of place

Laine has looked good against Belarus and Germany. Against US he wasn't much of an factor except for last minute of 2nd period

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Which would make sense in that situation. If it was Americans its likely Matthews isn't on the ice either.

You can bet and you'd probably be wrong.

The US doesn't have that much depth. Why the heck would they bench one of their top two-way centers when protecting a lead?

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown

I'm not sure he sits pretty much the last 10 mins like Laine did though. Probably not the last few minutes. Matthews is out on the penalty kill for the US so I don't think he would have sat quite as much.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
Not at all.....he is 18 years old playing on a team with lots of vets.

You were right with the match ups. Finland was defending the lead and that's why they put good defensive player Pilstrom with Barkov and Jokinen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad