Maple Leafs at 2016 World Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Morgan Rielly will play for Canada.

It was rumoured that Nazem Kadri would be in contention for a spot on Team Canada.

Other possibilities:

Leo Komarov (Finland)
Fabrice Herzog (Switzerland)
Nikita Zaitsev (Russia)*

Marlies possibilities:

William Nylander (Sweden)
TJ Brennan (USA)
Garret Sparks (USA)

number72

Oct 9, 2011
I think Kadri might play on the the more important world cup in September with bergeron, giroux and crosby.

The committee wants the best players for that tourney and that is the place where kadri makes more sense.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I think Kadri might play on the the more important world cup in September with bergeron, giroux and crosby.

The committee wants the best players for that tourney and that is the place where kadri makes more sense.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kadri's making the team over Toews, Getzlaf, Stamkos etc down the middle?

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

I honestly can't see that happening.

BobbyRyan

Apr 11, 2016
defence looks awful for canada.

It's too bad, it would be a great experience for Rielly to practice and play alongside some of the game's elite d-men. At least this means he'll probably get a lot of icetime.

I might tune in to a game or two to watch Rielly play, but I really couldn't care less about the World Championships.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Like 5 of the D men are 22 lol...

Oldest player so far is Talbot, most of the current Canada roster is 25 and under.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Rielly - Canada
Gardiner - USA
Komarov - Finland

Kadri is also a possibility for Canada

If the Marlies disappoint in the playoffs then I could see Nylander, Soshnikov, and maybe Kapanen head over.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010

I can't even tell if this is serious or if it's parodying the Kadri fan club.

bigfreeze

Mar 16, 2016
I'm guessing there's a good chance that none of those guys will be on Canada's World Cup team this year (specifically Duchene, O'Reilly or Hall)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Leo and Morgan - Leafs make it to the IIHF rosters

Congratulations to Leo Komarov and Morgan Rielly for their invites to the IIHF World Championships.

Great to see Leo's work ethic being rewarded and noticed. Rielly continues to develop in a positive way.

To my knowledge, the only Leafs to be invited. Bright spots on the horizon.

Well done.

:handclap:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kadri's making the team over Toews, Getzlaf, Stamkos etc down the middle?

You know we are talking about the WHC right, and not the world cup? Those guys are in the playoffs and probably won't play in this tournament even if they get knocked out in time.

Actually, read the post that response was in reference to.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
You know we are talking about the WHC right, and not the world cup? Those guys are in the playoffs and probably won't play in this tournament even if they get knocked out in time.

The guy he was responding to said world cup though, which I think we all know is pretty much a 0% chance Kadri gets invited.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Rielly might get a look for the WC.

As for IIHF, roster looks solid. Great to see Leo getting his due.

Probably the Leafs most improved player this season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hearing Komarov was invited as well. Not surprised but any truth to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad