Maple Leafs at 2016 World Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
An honest appreciation of what Laine is doing at his age would make for a much more sensible discussion.

You sound like Vancouver fans in every conversation about Virtanen after the draft.

"He's one of the youngest players in the draft! He has so much room to improve!"

The players are what they are. Ovie had a really late birthday and so did Eichel. If the players can play they can play. Period.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
maybe College/Hobey Baker?

i honestly don't know. But this is showing why had Matthews been born 15 Sept, why Matthews would challenge for 2nd, not 3rd.
Yeah, definitely getting that feeling. He would have really made a great challenge for the 2nd pick last year.

Definitely liking the whole game this guy has. The only downside right now is having to wait the month and a half until we draft him :laugh:.

Have already seen the kind of shot he has in the past few games, the defensive ability and breaking up plays, and the potential for how good he can be.

Anyways, should be interesting to see how the third period goes.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, definitely getting that feeling. He would have really made a great challenge for the 2nd pick last year.

Definitely liking the whole game this guy has. The only downside right now is having to wait the month and a half until we draft him :laugh:.

Have already seen the kind of shot he has in the past few games, the defensive ability and breaking up plays, and the potential for how good he can be.

Anyways, should be interesting to see how the third period goes.

i know it really doesn't work like this - but doesn't it feel like we got to draft "twice" in 2015? we get Marner AND Matthews? then it's like our other pick from Pits is like our normal one? :laugh: does that make sense?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
i know it really doesn't work like this - but doesn't it feel like we got to draft "twice" in 2015? we get Marner AND Matthews? then it's like our other pick from Pits is like our normal one? :laugh: does that make sense?

Totally.
I've said this before in another post.
Both 97 birthdays, it's like we have 2 picks in the top 5.
In terms of next gen core age we have:
Matthews/Marner - 97
Nylander - 96
Rielly - 94

Perfect compliment. If we could find a RHD comparable 93-96 birthday I'd be even more stoked.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I can work with that logic :laugh:. Plus hey it lets us draft twice in the top 5 of one of the best drafts of the past few years. Sounds good :).

Funny how things turn out.

Nice job Komarov!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Holy. smokes.
I didn't know it was that big of a difference. :)laugh: and people are like Matthews < Eichel and I was just going with it, but I didn't realise he totally out scored him)

Anyone else find it very odd to cheer for the US? :skeptic:

very. I was like YAY.whu?

but LEO JUST SCORED! WOO
(man I love Barkov. i can stop being Jealous of Florida now though)

Totally.
I've said this before in another post.
Both 97 birthdays, it's like we have 2 picks in the top 5.
In terms of next gen core age we have:
Matthews/Marner - 97
Nylander - 96
Rielly - 94

Perfect compliment. If we could find a RHD comparable 93-96 birthday I'd be even more stoked.

Zaitzev?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Holy. smokes.
I didn't know it was that big of a difference. :)laugh: and people are like Matthews < Eichel and I was just going with it, but I didn't realise he totally out scored him)

very. I was like YAY.whu?

but LEO JUST SCORED! WOO
(man I love Barkov. i can stop being Jealous of Florida now though)

Zaitzev?

91 but workable.
I was hoping for someone more like Trouba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad