Maple Leafs at 2016 World Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Holy. smokes.
I didn't know it was that big of a difference. :)laugh: and people are like Matthews < Eichel and I was just going with it, but I didn't realise he totally out scored him)

very. I was like YAY.whu?

but LEO JUST SCORED! WOO
(man I love Barkov. i can stop being Jealous of Florida now though)
Ya mathews will be a treat to watch for the next 15 years. I literally get a little teary eyed wthinking he will be a leafs player in less that 7 weeks.

When mathews and barkov are on the ice together I just think we will also have the pleasure of watching these twobeast go head to head for years! Btw mathews has been getting the better of barkov in their match ups thus far imo.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
USA have quite a bright future ahead.
Matthews/Larkin/Eichel/Tkachuk,Connor at forward to start.

Canada,Finland,USA all looking good.

And Sweden has tremendous d-core with Karlsson, Hedman, OEL, Klingberg, Lindholm etc.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Ya mathews will be a treat to watch for the next 15 years. I literally get a little teary eyed wthinking he will be a leafs player in less that 7 weeks.

When mathews and barkov are on the ice together I just think we will also have the pleasure of watching these twobeast go head to head for years! Btw mathews has been getting the better of barkov in their match ups thus far imo.

I honestly never realized how beastly Barkov really is.... I have been humbled.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Hahaha. Yes!
I said this earlier, when we draft mathews we will be cheering for the USA regularly. Yuck!

Why would you? What about Finland with Komarov, Canada with Marner/Rielly, Russia with Zaitsev or Sweden with Nylander? No need to cheer for the f... US because of one player.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Matthews looks great btw. Winning the lottery has brought our prospect Pool to another level.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
Didn't Bracco have better numbers than Kessel in the NTDP? If that's the case it's not like Bracco is gonna be better than Kessel.

FWIW I'm all aboard the Matthews draft train, but I would just be weary of a stat like that

I believe that Bracco had more assists, broke the record previously held by Kessel. I could be wrong, but I think I read that a couple of times here on these boards.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Didn't Bracco have better numbers than Kessel in the NTDP? If that's the case it's not like Bracco is gonna be better than Kessel.

FWIW I'm all aboard the Matthews draft train, but I would just be weary of a stat like that

Combined with mthews skating hands and IQ, I feel confident.
Re Bracco, he never skated like phil and is a lot smaller. Also, doesn't have phils shot.
The numbers are only a part of the puzzle.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

Its not just the USDP but literally every program the 2 have ever performed in. The only advantage Eichel has right now is his pre-draft WJC and potentially the World Championships which Matthews could easily beat.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Why would you? What about Finland with Komarov, Canada with Marner/Rielly, Russia with Zaitsev or Sweden with Nylander? No need to cheer for the f... US because of one player.

In my original post I actually said except when they are playing canada sweden finland but didn't add russia. The leafs fan base will basically be pumed for every Olympic hockey game!
Great time for us.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
This USA team is garbage. Matthews isn't really a selfish player at all but if he wants to win he might need to be a bit more. His line mates aren't helping him.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Laine taken off of Barkov's line didn't think he played that bad today. Finish coach may be trying to spark some offense is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad