Maple Leafs at 2016 World Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
^ don't know about the coach decision. Andrew Brewer, Leafs Assistant Coach, is going.

Kadri just doesn't factor on the depth chart.

Interesting that Max Domi made it as a rookie.

Brendan Gallagher did too along with Brad Marchand.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Rielly is already in the WC, playing for the under 23NA team.

Well that's cool. Didn't know they were going to have a different cash grab tournament running along side ;)

Cynacism aside at the legitimacy of this tournament, Rielly is a keeper. Great honours to be recognized at a young age.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Well that's cool. Didn't know they were going to have a different cash grab tournament running along side ;)

Cynacism aside at the legitimacy of this tournament, Rielly is a keeper. Great honours to be recognized at a young age.

Not only that but he should get the opportunity to play a big role on the blue line looking at who is on the roster so far .. Top pairing minutes, QBing the PP .. Great exposure for him.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Not only that but he should get the opportunity to play a big role on the blue line looking at who is on the roster so far .. Top pairing minutes, QBing the PP .. Great exposure for him.

And we will see him with proper top-pair Dmen for 1st time, as I expect him to play with Ekblad.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
^ don't know about the coach decision. Andrew Brewer, Leafs Assistant Coach, is going.

I agree with regards to Kadri. I think that he can only play as C and they have McDavid, Scheifele as definite C's and then also Duchene, O'Reilly, Reinhart, Jenner also as possible C. From those listed, he is in my opinion better than Reinhart and Jenner, so he would probably be a C of 4th line. And they have to leave some spots open for guys that are still in playoffs but might be kicked out soon.

Well from LW I would rank them Marchand, Hall, Domi and then you have on RW Gallagher and Stone. They will probably use O'Reilly as RW too.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If bernier is healthy than I'd like to see him there... See how he plays on a favoured team.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Unless the Panthers get knocked out of the playoffs early, that won't be the case

I thought we were talking about NA under 23 team for World Cup. I meant that he will probably play with Ekblad there.

But yeah, at this Championship he will probably play with Tanev.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Imagine a Kadri Marchand Gallagher line lol.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
FWIW, it looks like Matthews will get plenty of minutes to play for the US at the WCs. Their projected top 9:

Foligno - Matthews - Larkin
Maroon - Glendening - Hinostroza
Connor - Motte - Compher

First game is an exhibition one vs Finland on Tuesday. Finland, of course, has Laine.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
anyone know what's up with jake? the US is basically icing a WJC team, so I don't imagine he'd have trouble making the roster

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
My interest in the WHC pretty much suddenly became I just wanna watch Matthews play and drool about how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway