GDT: 2024 Playoff Bandwagon Thread

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think I'm rooting for the stars. The Rangers I wouldn't mind as much as it pains me to say. I've kinda liked the make up of their team over the past few years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm good with the Stars and Canucks. Also I know I said it earlier but MASSIVE lolz at the Avs for getting clown stomped against a Dallas team that would have swept them if they hadn't fallen asleep in game 1. The only bigger let down is Edmonton. You take McDavid away from Draisaitl and that whole f***ing team falls apart.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'm good with the Stars and Canucks. Also I know I said it earlier but MASSIVE lolz at the Avs for getting clown stomped against a Dallas team that would have swept them if they hadn't fallen asleep in game 1. The only bigger let down is Edmonton. You take McDavid away from Draisaitl and that whole f***ing team falls apart.
f*** the Canucks

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It irritates me that the one year they did it was against us

What’s wrong with the deranged Oreo dolphins?
Yeah, both the caps and the avs... their one year of success... without them, thats probably two more cups for our core. Hypotheticals and a lot of moves may not be made after the 2018 final, but I always thought we were better than that Vegas team.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hard to pick a team between EDM and VAN. For both I find reasons to dislike and at the same time like them. I guess they’ll figure it out among themselves.

In the East I’m also torn but kinda lean towards FLA. That’s a good team and I like their brand of hockey more than NYR’s (no disrespect @Machinehead).

Either way I root for Dallas to win it all.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Hard to pick a team between EDM and VAN. For both I find reasons to dislike and at the same time like them. I guess they’ll figure it out among themselves.

In the East I’m also torn but kinda lean towards FLA. That’s a good team and I like their brand of hockey more than NYR’s (no disrespect @Machinehead).

Either way I root for Dallas to win it all.
Lean towards Florida?

Who ARE you?!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lean towards Florida?

Who ARE you?!
It's hard for anyone not living in Florida to take any Lightning-Panthers rivalry seriously, when these two teams have been in the league for 30 years and have simultaneously had a good team in like 1 or 2 years.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Tell me how you really feel lol
I have a real deep hatred of the city I grew up in. I've watched it become a place I have zero hope to possibly ever raise a child in. Crime is going up, our health care (while "free") is complete shit, cost of food is just through the roof because the Canadian government is doing nothing to stop 3 companies who own literally 85% of grocers from price gouging, despite me an my wife making good money we will never afford a house here. For example, a 2000 sqft house from the 50's here is going to cost you upwards of $2.5M. Anything over $1M here, you need to put down minimum 20% with interest rates at around 6%. Living here, man....its just feels so hopeless. But you know at least it looks pretty out here.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I have a real deep hatred of the city I grew up in. I've watched it become a place I have zero hope to possibly ever raise a child in. Crime is going up, our health care (while "free") is complete shit, cost of food is just through the roof because the Canadian government is doing nothing to stop 3 companies who own literally 85% of grocers from price gouging, despite me an my wife making good money we will never afford a house here. For example, a 2000 sqft house from the 50's here is going to cost you upwards of $2.5M. Anything over $1M here, you need to put down minimum 20% with interest rates at around 6%. Living here, man....its just feels so hopeless. But you know at least it looks pretty out here.
Food prices have been pretty crazy in the US for a few years now.

I saw an ad in the past few days for a $5 six-inch sub from Subway. Their big thing until 2016 was the $5 footlong.

They also brought it back briefly during the pandemic, although you had to buy two.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Food prices have been pretty crazy in the US for a few years now.

I saw an ad in the past few days for a $5 six-inch sub from Subway. Their big thing until 2016 was the $5 footlong.

They also brought it back briefly during the pandemic, although you had to buy two.
Yeah, 6 inch sub here is $7. They just had a promo for $5 here recently.

6 piece nuggets from McDonalds here is like $8.

A loaf of bread is $5.99-$6.99 depending on if there is a "sale".

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
And I'm sure (sorry) to bring up the subject of suds.....I played golf with 3 guys from Edmonton and they couldn't stop dissing the price of beer.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

Hate to be the downer but food prices are ridiculous everywhere even here in the states. Housing is also quite ridiculous thankfully my wife and I bought before the market turned truly stupid here.

Used to be you could cook at home cheaper then eating out based on our grocery bills I would say that isn’t true anymore.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hate to be the downer but food prices are ridiculous everywhere even here in the states. Housing is also quite ridiculous thankfully my wife and I bought before the market turned truly stupid here.

Used to be you could cook at home cheaper then eating out based on our grocery bills I would say that isn’t true anymore.
It's still cheaper to cook at home, although Publix has gotten expensive.

Walmart keeps gaining steam as they pull more of those shoppers away. Aldi and Target can also have competitive prices.

The companies that make the Walmart Great Value products are somewhat known. You can Google who makes many of them. It's usually a ConAgra brand. Sara Lee bread, Peter Pan peanut butter, Green Giant canned vegetables, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: bov

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Look...I'm not saying it's not in the states, but I'd really suggest comparing the shit show that is Vancouver, compared to anywhere in the states that isn't Manhattan. Vancouver is so bad, that to own a house and have basic necessities like food, the average household income needs to be north of $250k.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
@DistantThunderRep How’s the mood in Vancouver, are they rioting again?

Their game reminded me of us a bit: They had 12 shots going into the 3rd period, down 3-0. Eventually lose 3-2 with 17 shots.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad