Proposal: mantha to montreal for prospects and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
So trying to understand your rationale. You’re saying if he was playing in the top 4 your team would tank but he’s a top 4 d.

Also, SHL isn’t a subpar league, it’s 3rd according to NHLe and he (Seider) also did this in the AHL.

I'M saying he's playing 18min a night, on a playoff team. Habs cab't go game in and game out giving their rookies 20+min a game cause theya re trying to compete for a playoff spot / stanley cup. They aren't competing for the 1st OA pick like the WIngs have for the past 2-3years.

I'll take a 20YO dman plaing 18min a night on a playoff team vs a 20min a night rookie who doesn't care if he wins or lose cause he knows his team sucks and will finish at the bottom of the standing. Gives them more maturity

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I'M saying he's playing 18min a night, on a playoff team. Habs cab't go game in and game out giving their rookies 20+min a game cause theya re trying to compete for a playoff spot / stanley cup. They aren't competing for the 1st OA pick like the WIngs have for the past 2-3years.

I'll take a 20YO dman plaing 18min a night on a playoff team vs a 20min a night rookie who doesn't care if he wins or lose cause he knows his team sucks and will finish at the bottom of the standing. Gives them more maturity
Well maturity is certainly lacking. That's for sure

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013

Here’s the confusion, you’ve called Romanov a 20 year old top 4 d multiple times in this thread (see below). He’s also 21 turned it Jan 6.

Wouldn't trade Romanov straight up for Matha, let alone add. He's not worth a 20yo top4dman

Og he'd help, he's just not worth what wings fans are asking for

Habs aren't trading a 20yo top4 D like Romanov for him who'll be our own Ekholm. Habs aren't trading a guy lile Caufield for him considering Caufield could probably outscore hom as soon as next year. And Habs aren't trading one of the 10 best D prospect in the league in Guhle for him. And he's bot worth our 2022 1st rd pick

Then you say.
You mean, 3 spots.

Seider
Smith
Broberg
Romanov

THat's 3 spot my friend. Gap between the 2 is not as large as you want it to be. The only reason Romanov isn't playing 20+min a night, is that MB wants to make the playoff otherwhise he looses his job. He'd be playing 1st pairing if the Habs were trying to tank like the WIngs!
If you play him like a top 4 d then your team will tank. So it contradicts itself. Either he’s a top 4 guy or not. He may have the potential to be but that’s not what you said. Nor does Montreal have stacked LD.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Wait till seider gets nailed by a Tom Wilson or mr.Anderson at full tilt . Than will see how he responds . He’s not playing with the big boys yet

You do know that the DEL, AHL, and SHL are all men’s leagues, right?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Here’s the confusion, you’ve called Romanov a 20 year old top 4 d multiple times in this thread (see below). He’s also 21 turned it Jan 6.

Then you say.

If you play him like a top 4 d then your team will tank. So it contradicts itself. Either he’s a top 4 guy or not. He may have the potential to be but that’s not what you said. Nor does Montreal have stacked LD.
It makes perfect sense! Romanov is a top 4D but Montreal wont play him in the top 4 because they... Want to win?

It's so plausible!

Reactions: BStinson

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Quietly outproducing who? He’s almost a year older than everyone on that draft class due to his being a late birthday and is currently ranked 7th in points with guys catching up.
Zadina (on a lottery team) outproducing Kotkaniemi (on a playoff team lol).

.457ppg/82 Vs. .393ppg/82

37.48 pts/82 Vs. 32.25 pts/82

----> 2 pims/70gp Vs. 61 pims/150gp <---------

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
You mean, 3 spots.

Seider
Smith
Broberg
Romanov

THat's 3 spot my friend. Gap between the 2 is not as large as you want it to be. The only reason Romanov isn't playing 20+min a night, is that MB wants to make the playoff otherwhise he looses his job. He'd be playing 1st pairing if the Habs were trying to tank like the WIngs!
In all fairness the Wings aren't actively tanking, just riding out bad contracts (Holland's era) while lowering our GAA, team culture, getting younger, finding chemistry w/lots of new faces. The seasons been about fluidity + covid protocol + injuries etc.

There, their, they're, it's loses his job, not "looses his job". MB isn't turning wrenches to loosen stuff is he?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
"muwahahah" you are... very weird lol like it's kind of creepy.
Ad hominem attack aside, did you enjoy the MoZilla preview? I'll bet you were too scared to watch it.

Also you have Cpt. Dirty Cheap Shot Weber & Cpt. Street Thug SuperCreepy Perry, so Habs fans have Zero room to talk. It's a clownshow in MTL, the papparazzi, the entitlement of the center of the hockey universe, all the mumbling etc. Perry should order his custom grill now for when MoZilla smashes his teeth & face in.

upload_2021-4-6_17-55-17.png

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
So I think that both sides aren’t really arguing in good faith right now.

Romanov is 100% Montreal’s equivalent of Seider in terms of trade availability. I wouldn’t trade Seider for Mantha straight up, and I wouldn’t expect Montreal to drift away from that logic with Romanov. The value of a young defenseman goes up drastically when it starts to become realized potential at the NHL because you start to buy less what-if and more what-is. Montreal’s pipeline is solid, but takes a significant step back if you remove Romanov.

Their cup window was really not all that real to begin with, and likely will require a retool with some of the elder players set to retire or enter a real decline. As a Wings fan, I can speak from experience that getting loose with the pipeline at this stage will destroy any foundation Montreal may have maintained.

So that’s kind of where I stand with the discussion of is/should Romanov be available via trade.

Now pause. We circle back to Seider, and let’s make sure we get this one thing crystal clear before we wrap this thread up. In no way shape or form is Romanov on the same level as Seider. Given the option to choose their preference to build around, Yzerman, Bergevin, any other NHL GM, prospect writers, analysts, coaches, and fan bases would all choose to build around Moritz Seider. The only place you will find someone who argues the contrary is anywhere a Habs fan wants to get high off their own supply. And that is not to say that Romanov is a bad player...that’s why I laid out the first half of this post. Trying to make an argument that Seider is not on a different level is not an argument that I think can be made with any honest intent.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Zadina (on a lottery team) outproducing Kotkaniemi (on a playoff team lol).

.457ppg/82 Vs. .393ppg/82

37.48 pts/82 Vs. 32.25 pts/82

----> 2 pims/70gp Vs. 61 pims/150gp <---------

KK -17 PTS 35 GAMES. = .485 = 39.77 PTS /82 GAMES.....Plays C
Zadina 14 PTS 33 GAMES.=.424 =34.76 PTS/82 GAMES....Plays W
Nice try though.

Reactions: alasania94

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
KK -17 PTS 35 GAMES. = .485 = 39.77 PTS /82 GAMES.....Plays C
Zadina 14 PTS 33 GAMES.=.424 =34.76 PTS/82 GAMES....Plays W
Nice try though.

We don’t need to pull up last season do we? I wouldn’t want to hurt your feelings

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
We don’t need to pull up last season do we? I wouldn’t want to hurt your feelings
I already did in post #156 & that's what their butt-hurt response was.

found here: Proposal: - mantha to montreal for prospects and picks

Mine was Pts/Career GP. Which is really telling b/c KK has played 1 More entire NHL season thus far. By the time Zadina is at 150gp (where KK is now), he'll be putting up even greater #'s. Hahaha.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Here's a better perspective.
Wings--31 pts outside not even close to looking in
Habs- 43 pts. In the hunt.
Later.
Shifting goalposts because I proved you wrong (again) ? Surely you're better than that? Or, maybe not. Regardless, we're rebuilding & you're "competing".

Prediction: Covid ends before MTL ever sees a Cup again. They won't win with that group & it's painfully obvious to everyone outside of the MTL island. Hahahaha.

Price & his $ contract will sink that team, so enjoy your 1st Rd. loss, again.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Shifting goalposts because I proved you wrong (again) ? Surely you're better than that? Or, maybe not. Regardless, we're rebuilding & you're "competing".

Prediction: Covid ends before MTL ever sees a Cup again. They won't win with that group & it's painfully obvious to everyone outside of the MTL island. Hahahaha.

All you proved is your a stat watcher and you don't know dick about Romanov.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You're not "your". The irony here, is that you're posting about "learning", while calling the Wings fan "slow".

Hahahahaha. (but this time in Jamaican accent laughter)
Wow the grammar police in full force. Guess you do know about something .

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

this is an incredibly misinformed take on the habs. many teams have difficult contracts. Habs have resources to deal with it - if it becomes an issue

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
All you proved is your a stat watcher and you don't know dick about Romanov.
I already stated that I was just going by stats, not the eyeball test, Sherlock. So you're not deciphering anything genius. (rollls eyes)

Also, for the 2nd time: You're NOT "your".

I realize you only read/write at a kindergarten/1st grade level & therefore I am refraining from further retort/banter.

Disclaimer: (sorry if you're an actual young child, keep going to school kid & read, then read some more! Turn off the PS, Xbox & NetFlix etc. Stay off the TikTak, Instasnapperchat, Twattergram, it's all nonsense. One day you'll wanna move out of your parents home & start a life of your own.)

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I already stated that I was just going by stats, not the eyeball test, Sherlock. So you're not deciphering anything genius. (rollls eyes)

Also, for the 2nd time: You're NOT "your".

I realize you only read/write at a kindergarden/1st grade level & therefore I am refraining from further retort/banter.

Disclaimer: (sorry if you're an actual young child, keep going to school kid & read, then read some more! Turn off the PS, Xbox & NetFlix etc. Stay off the TikTak, Instasnapperchat, Twattergram, it's all nonsense. One day you'll wanna move out of your parents home & start a life of your own.)
I was right all along bitter and envious. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad