Proposal: mantha to montreal for prospects and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Wow... guy is able to hit sub-AHL taent player. good for him.

Romanov is doing it at the NHL level right now... Mo is doing it in the SHL (so what... under the NHL, KHL, AHL in terms of talent?)
Are you denying that Seider is a top 3 prospect in the world? Are you actually going to say Romanov is a better prospect?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Are you denying that Seider is a top 3 prospect in the world? Are you actually going to say Romanov is a better prospect?

Not debying Seider is a great prospect, just answerrinf to the poster hoping he'll be just as big of a physical force in the NHLplayinf against actual good / bigger players.

And I'd say Romanov is just as good of a prospect as Seider. He's ha dling himself really well in a tough divisionplaying against Matthews, Maner, McDavid, Draisaitl, Petterson etc...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not debying Seider is a great prospect, just answerrinf to the poster hoping he'll be just as big of a physical force in the NHLplayinf against actual good / bigger players.

And I'd say Romanov is just as good of a prospect as Seider. He's ha dling himself really well in a tough divisionplaying against Matthews, Maner, McDavid, Draisaitl, Petterson etc...
Romanov was never once considered the top prospect in hockey, by anyone. He absolutely does not have the upside of Seider.

Also why wouldn't he be just as physical? You know the SHL is also men, right?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Ehh, Seider + Hronek + Romanov + Johansson + one of the multitude of LHD on top of this year's draft would pretty much finish off our D-core for the next 10 years.

Of course, that's hypothetical. Romanov wont happen and we might not pick a LHD, though I doubt it.
I’m not concerned about your d-core . Will be keeping Romanov for ours though .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Romanov was never once considered the top prospect in hockey, by anyone. He absolutely does not have the upside of Seider.

Wait till seider gets nailed by a Tom Wilson or mr.Anderson at full tilt . Than will see how he responds . He’s not playing with the big boys yet

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

you obviously didnt see him torquing the big boys in the ahl

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Yah, being name on the WJC all-star team isn't any kind of accomplishement or what not... Forgot about that.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Wow... guy is able to hit sub-AHL taent player. good for him.

Romanov is doing it at the NHL level right now... Mo is doing it in the SHL (so what... under the NHL, KHL, AHL in terms of talent?)
I believe it was Yzerman who said "the SHL is the best developmental league in the world" iirc. It is more structured than AHL & has more talent even. AHL is more physical & north/south. A 200ft. game from the F's are a priority there.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
2 Habs have already wilted after hearing about the impending MoZilla stompin' that's a comin'. Gallagher & Price. Maybe more, those are just the ones I happen to came across.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nh...ip-to-toronto-for-medical-treatment-1.5976577

Wonder if Tatar leaves in UFA.

I bet Romanov ends up being a very good #4. No matter all the little things he supposedly does well, if he's not producing 25-30++, he's a #4 until he actually produces those points.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Wait till seider gets nailed by a Tom Wilson or mr.Anderson at full tilt . Than will see how he responds . He’s not playing with the big boys yet
There arent big players in the SHL? I forgot only the NHL has fully grown men playing in their league.

Im sure the 6'4, 220pound 19 year old will be more than fine. Habs fans acting like he wont be one of the most punishing players in the league is hilarious. He was destroying AHL players at 18 too.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yah, being name on the WJC all-star team isn't any kind of accomplishement or what not... Forgot about that.
Show me one single prospect rating that had Romanov #1. How about top 3?

Take a guess where Seider is at?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Show me one single prospect rating that had Romanov #1. How about top 3?

Take a guess where Seider is at?

You mean, in thet Horrible Craig Botton standing? where all the prospects like Suzuski, KK, Zegras etc aren't considered cause they are playing in the NHL?

Show me ONE standing where every prospect is taken care of, and where Seider is top3, I'm waiting

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Seider is impervious to them. Wilson & Anderson will bounce off Seider & then fall to the ice, further hurting themselves upon impact. He'll ragdoll Weber & Anderson, just for fun, then pass to Zadina who "will fill your nets".

If you've ever seen Datsyuk throw his reverse hits, perfectly timed & executed, vs. often bigger opponents (Weber etc.), it'll look a lot like that, but MoZilla is obviously much bigger.

Imagine a 6'4" 220lb (he'll easily add 10lbs+) Konstantinov that's way better on offense, even better at skating/mobility etc. Or, a young Hedman. That's Mo.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You mean, in thet Horrible Craig Botton standing? where all the prospects like Suzuski, KK, Zegras etc aren't considered cause they are playing in the NHL?

Show me ONE standing where every prospect is taken care of, and where Seider is top3, I'm waiting
KK and Suzuki should be prospects with 100+ NHL games...?

On these same lists, where was Romanov rated? Tye hockey writers had him at 36 :laugh:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
KK and Suzuki should be prospects with 100+ NHL games...?

On these same lists, where was Romanov rated? Tye hockey writers had him at 36 :laugh:

And Seider was 18th. So tell me, What's the big difference between thes 2? COnsidering one is playing against the 2 best players in the world, and the other is playing in a sub-par leagye

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
And Seider was 18th. So tell me, What's the big difference between thes 2? COnsidering one is playing against the 2 best players in the world, and the other is playing in a sub-par leagye
So Seider was considered a vastly better hockey player, what exactly is your argument? :Laugh:

Romanov would never get paired against McDavid and Matthews. He simply isn't on Seiders level and no nom Habs fan will agree with you

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
So Seider was considered a vastly better hockey player, what exactly is your argument? :Laugh:

Romanov would never get paired against McDavid and Matthews. He simply isn't on Seiders level and no nom Habs fan will agree with you

Oh cause a HUGE total of 18 ranks between the 2 is a HGE difference. There's only 2 dman between Seider @ 18 and ROmanov at 36... Ty Smith and Broberg.

So fair to say the diffecencre between Seider and Romanov isn't as big as it seems.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Oh cause a HUGE total of 18 ranks between the 2 is a HGE difference. There's only 2 dman between Seider @ 18 and ROmanov at 36... Ty Smith and Broberg.

So fair to say the diffecencre between Seider and Romanov isn't as big as it seems.
18 spots is a huge gap...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
18 spots is a huge gap...
You mean, 3 spots.

Seider
Smith
Broberg
Romanov

THat's 3 spot my friend. Gap between the 2 is not as large as you want it to be. The only reason Romanov isn't playing 20+min a night, is that MB wants to make the playoff otherwhise he looses his job. He'd be playing 1st pairing if the Habs were trying to tank like the WIngs!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You mean, 3 spots.

Seider
Smith
Broberg
Romanov

THat's 3 spot my friend. Gap between the 2 is not as large as you want it to be. The only reason Romanov isn't playing 20+min a night, is that MB wants to make the playoff otherwhise he looses his job. He'd be playing 1st pairing if the Habs were trying to tank like the WIngs!
What a weird way to look at things :laugh: its not a list of top prospects by position just overall... And Romanov is way behind

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
You mean, 3 spots.

Seider
Smith
Broberg
Romanov

So trying to understand your rationale. You’re saying if he was playing in the top 4 your team would tank but he’s a top 4 d.

Also, SHL isn’t a subpar league, it’s 3rd according to NHLe and he (Seider) also did this in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce