Proposal: mantha to montreal for prospects and picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Og he'd help, he's just not worth what wings fans are asking for

Habs aren't trading a 20yo top4 D like Romanov for him who'll be our own Ekholm. Habs aren't trading a guy lile Caufield for him considering Caufield could probably outscore hom as soon as next year. And Habs aren't trading one of the 10 best D prospect in the league in Guhle for him. And he's bot worth our 2022 1st rd pick

Habs could offer their 2021 1st and a D prospect like Harris or Struble, MAYBE Norlinder, but they won't give up nore than thay for a good, but streaky winfer, who only plays when he wants too. We already tried it with Andrei Kostitsyn a while ago, and we all know how it ended
Im Still waiting for you to explain how him being 5th in ice time and having 5pts makes him currently a top 4D?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Og he'd help, he's just not worth what wings fans are asking for

Habs aren't trading a 20yo top4 D like Romanov for him who'll be our own Ekholm. Habs aren't trading a guy lile Caufield for him considering Caufield could probably outscore hom as soon as next year. And Habs aren't trading one of the 10 best D prospect in the league in Guhle for him. And he's bot worth our 2022 1st rd pick

Habs could offer their 2021 1st and a D prospect like Harris or Struble, MAYBE Norlinder, but they won't give up nore than thay for a good, but streaky winfer, who only plays when he wants too. We already tried it with Andrei Kostitsyn a while ago, and we all know how it ended
LMFAO I'd hardly call Romanov whom has 5 points over 33 career games and who's 5th in ice time a top 4 Dman.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
On defense, after Romanov, our most talented prospects would be Norlinder, Struble and Harris I think.

In front, Poehling had a rough start for the first couple of years but he's getting his groove back in the AHL. Will be a big physical and defensively responsable wigner able to play center.

I'd do:
- Byron or Chiarot
- 1st unprotected
- Choice of Norlinder or Poehling or any other prospect +2nd or 3rd
- Maybe adding a pick if necessary
So let me get this straight, We trade Mantha whom has a reasonable caphit @ 3 x $5,700,000 left for one of Byron/Chariot+Montreal's 2021 1st round pick that's probably in the late teens early 20's depending where they finish. Plus one of Norlinder or Poehling whom has 5 points in 28 NHL career games. Yeah that's not going to cut it slick. Yzerman would :laugh: his head off at Marc Bergevin not nearly enough.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Hahaha. Neither. Habs have 2 whopping Cups in the last 42 years, Red Wings have 4, all more recent. Red Wings have Mo Seider & he is gonna smash old man Weber like a fly on a windshield in '21-'22. Danault, Gallagher, Petry, KK, Mete too. Hoping MTL resigns Perry, just so he gets stomped by Mo.

Here's a preview of what's coming to an ice rink near you, soon, very soon. Muwahahaha.

Also, the more I think about it, I don't want Romanov+ (for Mantha), as he's too overhyped & unproven.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Hahaha. Neither. Habs have 2 whopping Cups in the last 42 years, Red Wings have 4, all more recent. Red Wings have Mo Seider & he is gonna smash old man Weber like a fly on a windshield in '21-'22. Danault, Gallagher, Petry, KK, Mete too. Hoping MTL resigns Perry, just so he gets stomped by Mo.

Here's a preview of what's coming to an ice rink near you, soon, very soon. Muwahahaha.

Also, the more I think about it, I don't want Romanov+ (for Mantha), as he's too overhyped & unproven.

Yap i was right ,it was envious. Poor fellow.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
- montreal is stuck with untradable long term contracts to old talented players , so im thinking they want to make a big push now before theyre older . mantha helps instantly and for years into the future
- bergevin loves his french players and could be seriously interested in mantha
- detroit could also take back bad short term contracts and fix lots of montreal weak spots with decent vets at 50% retained such as ryan , nemeth , merril , stecher , glendenny
- mantha signed to good 4 year contract at 5.7
- mantha has played on a weak team with not much talent to set up his great shot his entire career , could feasibly do alot better
- i dont want caufield in this trade
- ive interest in romanov
- detroit interested in left shooting d , centers , goalies , 2022 1st

I would offer Kaiden Guhle and Drouin(cause we need to get rid of salary to take Mantha)

Montreal has Toffoli, Anderson, Tatar, Gallagher, Drouin etc etc etc...
Why do they need Mantha?

Cause Tatar is probably leaving and Drouin is trash.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Just because you have room to improve doesn't mean you trade assets for a position you're already set in.

Detroit's defense sucks, but I sure as shit wouldn't advise moving big assets to acquire a RHD when we're looking at Hronek and Seider for the next decade.
- #1 the refered trade was yzerman stealing sergachev for drouin , nothing to do with aa
- like i explained montreal has a window today where top talents in price , petry and weber are aging . yes they arent a dominant team but theyve a long shot chance . and only a mediocre offensive attack , adding mantha boost that attack improving chances of winning cup . and its not like a late first and un-star prospects are money in the bank assets that montreal gives away . not to mention manthas a young man that might be there rest of career , as in manthas an excellent asset

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Gifting you Romanov for a disinterested mantha won’t speed that up

Ehh, Seider + Hronek + Romanov + Johansson + one of the multitude of LHD on top of this year's draft would pretty much finish off our D-core for the next 10 years.

Of course, that's hypothetical. Romanov wont happen and we might not pick a LHD, though I doubt it.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
- #1 the refered trade was yzerman stealing sergachev for drouin , nothing to do with aa
- like i explained montreal has a window today where top talents in price , petry and weber are aging . yes they arent a dominant team but theyve a long shot chance . and only a mediocre offensive attack , adding mantha boost that attack improving chances of winning cup . and its not like a late first and un-star prospects are money in the bank assets that montreal gives away . not to mention manthas a young man that might be there rest of career , as in manthas an excellent asset

You're more that welcome to go look back at the conversation, because it definitely wasn't about Serg/Drouin.

Reading helps.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Hahaha. So being on a lottery team for his entire career with ancient "all-star PMD" like Daley, Ericsson, Green really helps his stat line? Or how bout only Larkin & Bertuzzi as top6 F's. At least we've got Fabbri & Zadina this year to help a bit + Ryan. Or Blash & Disco Dan Bylsma + Houda as coaches. btw, last season we were historically bad (~last 20yrs/cap era). Again, on a good/great team, Mantha is easily capable of 40-50G.
here you are crying over the habs overrating their prospect, then say Mantha is easily (a career average of 26 goals a season) a 40-50 goal scorer on a good team. Good players score on bad teams. Not like he had bad linemates either. Especially guys that are capable of putting up 40-50 goals "easily" lol

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017

"muwahahah" you are... very weird lol like it's kind of creepy.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Wow... guy is able to hit sub-AHL taent player. good for him.

Romanov is doing it at the NHL level right now... Mo is doing it in the SHL (so what... under the NHL, KHL, AHL in terms of talent?)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Wow... guy is able to hit sub-AHL taent player. good for him.

Romanov is doing it at the NHL level right now... Mo is doing it in the SHL (so what... under the NHL, KHL, AHL in terms of talent?)
Mo would be 100% in the NHL and Detroit right now if the DEL hadn't delayed their season due to COVID. He was loaned to the SHL and had to stay there he is 100% NHL ready just like Romanov who's hardly lighting it up on a very staked Habs team.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
When you consider he’s almost a year older than everyone on his draft class and being outproduced by half the list of defenseman.. yes
One month older than Kravtsov, same age as Boucbard, Tkachuk and Hughes... So like the top 10 is his age :laugh: Im assuming what Tkachuck and Hughes have done also dont count because of their age?

Try a small amount of research before posting misinformation like that. Should maybe also consider primary school while youre at it, as 2 is not half of 7...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Mo would be 100% in the NHL and Detroit right now if the DEL hadn't delayed their season due to COVID. He was loaned to the SHL and had to stay there he is 100% NHL ready just like Romanov who's hardly lighting it up on a very staked Habs team.

Staked team? Yeah of course.

And unfortunately, we are not a team like the Red Wings or the Sens who can afford to play rookies on their top lines cause it doesn't matter if we finish dead last. So yah, our rookies do not play as much. Thank your tanking team for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad