Managerial merry go round part II

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Blanc said he would turn down any NT move because he didn't feel the national spirit aside from his own country (which is absolutely understandable when you lead your team to a WC win).
He also said he's only interested in major jobs for teams that can compete for a european trophy. And probably not during a season as an emergency signing.

He's damn right.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Tudor sacked at Galatasaray

After a slow start (early exit in Europe) they were topping the table for most of the season until this week when they lost to a relegation side. What cost him as well was he failed to get results against direct rivals

What, talk about ruthless.

Earlier in the season I thought Fener would sack theirs, but their form has improved, looks like Fener is kinder.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Precious isn't what I would call it.
Desastrous however :D

Or maybe precious in the sense of "expensive". Yeah, that'd be expensive :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah I think the next PSG coach is Simeone. He's probably leaving Atletico next summer and in a recent interview Simeone was clearly hinting he would be interested.

Other possibilities are Conte (he'll leave next summer) or Pocchetino (PSG history here).

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Roughly two weeks after resigning as Australia manager, Ange Postecoglu has been named manager of Japanese side Yokohama F. Marinos (City Football Group has a minority share in the club)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Precious isn't what I would call it.
Desastrous however :D

Or maybe precious in the sense of "expensive". Yeah, that'd be expensive :D

I think it'd be precious to see PSG throw that sort of money at Mourinho on top of seeing Mr Competitive wax poetic about his great achievement that will be conquering France.

Nah I think the next PSG coach is Simeone. He's probably leaving Atletico next summer and in a recent interview Simeone was clearly hinting he would be interested.

Other possibilities are Conte (he'll leave next summer) or Pocchetino (PSG history here).

I agree, plenty of options. Simeone wouldn't spark a lot of confidence either mind you. At least he'd be cheaper than Mourinho. Money aside I don't see how anyone who actually truly supports their club would want Mourinho.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Swansea continue their managerial roller coaster and sack Paul Clement...while probably the right decision, this club has made so many bad mistakes past few years after being quite a nice story when they were initially promoted

Line up all the available Welsh managers (Giggs, Pulis) currently out of work :sarcasm:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Some Christmas gift from the Sevilla board, they sack Edgardo Berizzo three days before Christmas and remember he was diagnosed with prostate cancer about a month ago. Results wise it hasn't been too bad, Sevilla made the R16 in the CL and they are currently 5th in La Liga, one concern is they are conceding a lot of goals however

Paco Jemez returns to La Liga after a short stint in Mexico, he takes over Las Palmas

Heiko Vogel takes over Strum Graz in Austria after Franco Foda takes over the Austrian national team full time. Vogel coached Basel and was most recently in the Bayern youth set up

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Seems like Ajax next manager gonna be Ten Hag (Utrecht) and they also want Julian Nagelsmann's assistant (forgot his name) to be part of the coaching staff too

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Seems like Ajax next manager gonna be Ten Hag (Utrecht) and they also want Julian Nagelsmann's assistant (forgot his name) to be part of the coaching staff too

Schreuder. He's Dutch and was a leftover at Hoffenheim from the coach before Nagelsmann, so I guess he's not really Nagelsmann's guy and wouldn't necessarily be asked to come along to Bayern.

Reactions: John Pedro

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Garry Monk sacked by Middlesbrough hours after winning their match against Wednesday, currently 9th but only 3 points out of a playoff spot after spending a lot of money (for Championship standards)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
He spent about fifty million pounds! I think that goes beyond Championship standards.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Swansea appoint Portuguese manager Carlos Carvalhal, he was only recently let go by Sheffield Wednesday

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Mladen Krstajic has been named permanent manager of the Serbia National Team, he was the assistant under Muslin who was sacked despite qualifying for the tournament. This is his first coaching job

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Championship sackings keep coming, Mark Warburton becomes the third manager let go during the Holiday period

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad