Managerial merry go round part II

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Allardyce’s first game in charge is going to be the Derby, isn't it?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Seems like Jorge Almiron is the new Las Palmas manager. If everything goes right for him, he might be the next great Argentine coach. His Lanus plays beautiful football. Patient build-up (their GK touches the ball as much as their midfielders), deadly counter-attack... kinda similar to Sarri's Napoli. Hope they give him time, his concepts aren't easy to execute.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
News is a few days old but I missed it until I saw the managers draw reaction interviews on FIFA's site...Saudi Arabia continue the trend of hiring recently let go South American managers, they have appointed Juan Antonio Pizzi who left the Chile post after failing to make the WC. For the Saudi's its their third manager since September

It also means, unless there are changes, Argentina will have the most managers at the World Cup with 5: Sampaoli (Argentina), Pekerman (Colombia), Gareca (Peru), Cuper (Egypt), Pizzi (Saudi Arabia)

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Davide Nicola resigns as Crotone manager after a 3:0 home loss to Udinese, however they are still above the relegation zone. Reason for the resignation was he was upset the club president entered the locker room at halftime to give the players a team talk. Early candidates for the job are De Biasi (ex-Albania manager, was at Alaves but sacked recently) and Alessandro Nesta who is in the NASL right now

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Davide Nicola resigns as Crotone manager after a 3:0 home loss to Udinese, however they are still above the relegation zone. Reason for the resignation was he was upset the club president entered the locker room at halftime to give the players a team talk. Early candidates for the job are De Biasi (ex-Albania manager, was at Alaves but sacked recently) and Alessandro Nesta who is in the NASL right now
Club President forgot his role. They will be knee deep in the relegation battle. Promoted Italian teams rarely do enough talent wise to stay up.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Nigel Adkins replaces Slutsky as Hull manager. Since his fantastic job at Southampton (back to back promotions) he hasn't done much worth noticing

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Walter Zenga replaces Nicola at Crotone.

Current fav's for vacant positions:

Club:

Murty, Rangers

Arnold, Australia
Ancelotti, Italy
Michael O'Neill, Scotland
Bellamy, Wales

Next PL manager to leave:

Clement.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Rangers say Murty will remain interim manager until at least the end of the year, not sure if it means January or the end of teh season, I guess Jan.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Figured he'd be gone when I saw the weekend's result. WTF they were thinking getting rid of Tuchel and then bringing him in I'll never know.

Not only did Watzke drive Tuchel out of town, but he lost head scout Mislintat; whom he sided with over Tuchel in the early phases of the Tuchel-BVB relationship's implosion. BVB are lucky they're so rich and already have so much talent & youth in their pipeline so they should remain a european team for the time being; because Watzke has systematically gone about destroying the golden reputation he once had by taking what was one of the most promising futures in europe (outside of the super giants) and lighting it on fire.

Reactions: les Habs

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Figured he'd be gone when I saw the weekend's result. WTF they were thinking getting rid of Tuchel and then bringing him in I'll never know.

Tuchel alienated most of the club management and many of the players. As a reward for the team's performance under Tuchel it was a horrible move, but it's hard to say that the club wouldn't have suffered more drama that would have perhaps eventually affected the on-field performance as well if Tuchel had stayed. From that perspective, it might have made sense to go for an easy-going coach who could unite the locker room. But right now Tuchel is definitely looking much better, and everyone else at BVB much worse.

Reactions: les Habs

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Real Betis reportedly interested in switching Quique Setien for Juande Ramos.

Hughes is new new fav. for the sack in the PL.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Tudor sacked at Galatasaray

After a slow start (early exit in Europe) they were topping the table for most of the season until this week when they lost to a relegation side. What cost him as well was he failed to get results against direct rivals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad