Managerial merry go round part II

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
He's now been the Algeria manager for a month or so, but Rabah Madjer sure has already picked a journalist he hates

Is Madjer appointement considered wise in Algeria, seeing the last manager job he had was over a decade ago and he's been an analyst/TV-pundit since?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Tony Pulis has been sacked. Not sure what West Brom management were thinking when they didn't sack him over the international break which would have given them plenty of time to find a replacement. Did they expect him to win against Chelsea?

Reactions: Tuggy

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not sure if he will be interested in international management but surely one of the contenders for the Wales job now

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tony Pulis has been sacked. Not sure what West Brom management were thinking when they didn't sack him over the international break which would have given them plenty of time to find a replacement. Did they expect him to win against Chelsea?

Finally.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Ange Postecoglu resigns as Australia manager despite qualifying for the WC less than a week ago. He becomes the third manager to leave his post after qualifying for the WC (Muslin - Serbia & van Marwijk - Saudi Arabia)

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Edgardo Bauza has been sacked as Saudi Arabia manager after only two months, winning 2 of his 5 friendly matches. Remember, Saudi Arabia sacked van Marwijk after qualifying for the World Cup :laugh: Though they have a reputation for doing this, I think they actually sacked a manager mid tournament back in 1998

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Swedish manager Mikael Stahre set to take the San Jose Earthquakes job, won the Swedish league with AIK almost a decade ago and has since bounced around Sweden, Greece and China. Pretty outside the box hire for MLS standards who for a few years tended to stay within for their coaching hires

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Reports are coming out here that Sparta Prague is going to try to reach out to Slaven Bilić o_O

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Read both reports, apparently he turned down the chance to talk with West Brom leading me to believe he won't take the Sparta job either. My guess he waits until summer to take a new job. He's also been linked to the Bosnia NT job, but I doubt he wants to go back to international management for now and BiH won't pay his salary demands

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Swedish manager Mikael Stahre set to take the San Jose Earthquakes job, won the Swedish league with AIK almost a decade ago and has since bounced around Sweden, Greece and China. Pretty outside the box hire for MLS standards who for a few years tended to stay within for their coaching hires
Success of Martino and Vieira I imagine.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
English manager Anthony Hudson who was most recently manager of the New Zealand national side will be named manager of the Colorado Rapids. He was actually born in the US (his dad played for the Sounders in the NASL days) and spent his early coaching career in the USL (Real Maryland Monarchs)

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Montella sacked by Milan after their poor start and he is replaced by Gennaro Gattuso, promoted from the youth team. Gattuso has managed in the lower Italian leagues and Greece in the past but other than Pisa (Serie C), he never stayed at a club more than 6 months

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
BiH won't pay his salary demands

I reaaally can't see Sparta being able to get anywhere near his last salary either, but I'm curious to see which way they go after spending record amounts to bring in the first foreign coach in a long time and having it be an absolute disaster.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Emenalo appointed in Monaco.. after club states he is leaving for family reasons

Guess he wanted freedom

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Nothing says succession planning quite like waiting over a month to put Large Samuel in charge of your 150 million worth of summer transfers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton seem to have narrowed down their choices to Allardyce and Fonseca.
Heard Fonseca said no and now it’s Allardyce or bust.

Allardyce is a really really bad fit for Everton in terms of personality but he will keep them up.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
DPzukT3WsAAgBiO.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->