Proposal: Making a Hockey Trade

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm wondering if Esa Lindell might be available from the Stars. Obviously they aren't having a great start to the season and this will be the second year now. They need mucho dinero for Klinberg, Robertson and Gurianov. I cant see them being ok with carrying two defenseman making over 8 mil and Lindell at nearly 6.

I'm wondering if Forbort or maybe Reilly (if we're lucky) could be moved in a package with futures for him. Lindell would be the perfect partner for McAvoy. I literally have no idea what his value might be but would be a good #2 dman in front of Gryz and Carlo.

Ugh, what a beautiful suggestion.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I'm wondering if Esa Lindell might be available from the Stars. Obviously they aren't having a great start to the season and this will be the second year now. They need mucho dinero for Klinberg, Robertson and Gurianov. I cant see them being ok with carrying two defenseman making over 8 mil and Lindell at nearly 6.

I'm wondering if Forbort or maybe Reilly (if we're lucky) could be moved in a package with futures for him. Lindell would be the perfect partner for McAvoy. I literally have no idea what his value might be but would be a good #2 dman in front of Gryz and Carlo.
Full NMC through the remainder of his contract.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
ducks are winning games right now and actually a good team. probably better than us, doubt they are moving anyone right now and will ride out this surprise streak as long as it takes them. reassess as deadline approaches sure but then everyone is in one their players too. wont happen cheaply thats for sure.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I love Lindell but you’d have to overpay to get him. I think there’s a much better chance Klingberg is moved.

You know I originally thought the same and you most certainly could be right but we just saw Nate Schmidt get traded twice with the same contract for a 3rd round pick. Completely different players but I thought his value would be higher.

You never really know but the fit is almost worth overpaying for IMO

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
ducks are winning games right now and actually a good team. probably better than us, doubt they are moving anyone right now and will ride out this surprise streak as long as it takes them. reassess as deadline approaches sure but then everyone is in one their players too. wont happen cheaply thats for sure.

Yeah, WC after LVK and AVS is wide open. Team like
Anaheim could absolutely be a top 4 team. Their D
of Lindholm, Fowler, Drysdale, Shattenkirk and Manson is good. Gibson is aa very good goalie. Their weakness
is down the middle with Getzlaf and Zegras having
question marks with their ages. If they falter and Lindholm wants out B's might have a chance.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
They are playing good hockey but no they aren’t better than than the Bruins.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, WC after LVK and AVS is wide open. Team like
Anaheim could absolutely be a top 4 team. Their D
of Lindholm, Fowler, Drysdale, Shattenkirk and Manson is good. Gibson is aa very good goalie. Their weakness
is down the middle
with Getzlaf and Zegras having
question marks with their ages. If they falter and Lindholm wants out B's might have a chance.

Anaheim Top 4 most frequent face-off takers are also their top their 2nd to 5th scorers. Getzlaf, Henrique, Lundstrom and Zegras have 52 combined points already this year. Weakness down the middle? Most teams would kill to have that sort of scoring depth at the center-ice position.

The Bruins top 4 guys (Bergeron, Coyle, Haula and Nosek) have exactly half of that total (26 points). So if Anaheim is weak down the middle, what the heck are the Bruins?

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Anaheim Top 4 most frequent face-off takers are also their top their 2nd to 5th scorers. Getzlaf, Henrique, Lundstrom and Zegras have 52 combined points already this year. Weakness down the middle? Most teams would kill to have that sort of scoring depth at the center-ice position.

The Bruins top 4 guys (Bergeron, Coyle, Haula and Nosek) have exactly half of that total (26 points). So if Anaheim is weak down the middle, what the heck are the Bruins?

My post has nothing to do with the Bruins, so I don't
understand your point there.

I was talking about Anaheim being able to sustain their
play for a shot at a WC top 4 slot.

To me EDM, STL, SJ, DAL, WIN and even VAN
have more proven and prime C talent than Anaheim.

Getzlaf is 36 and is riding an unsustainable scoring pace by Terry. Getzlaf only has 1 goal in 17 games. Zegras 20, looks real skilled but who knows how he will do full year. Henrique was WAIVED last year and Lundestrom has
9 goals in 88 NHL games. Maybe he and Zegras breakout
and at that point I am more than willing to change that opinion. Their G and D corp have more proven prime talent than their C corp and the W do also with Terry,
Rakell and Silfverberg all closer to prime than all the
C but Henrique. So we'll see I guess.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My post has nothing to do with the Bruins, so I don't
understand your point there.

I was talking about Anaheim being able to sustain their
play for a shot at a WC top 4 slot.

To me EDM, STL, SJ, DAL, WIN and even VAN
have more proven and prime C talent than Anaheim.

Getzlaf is 36 and is riding an unsustainable scoring pace by Terry. Getzlaf only has 1 goal in 17 games. Zegras 20, looks real skilled but who knows how he will do full year. Henrique was WAIVED last year and Lundestrom has
9 goals in 88 NHL games. Maybe he and Zegras breakout
and at that point I am more than willing to change that opinion. Their G and D corp have more proven prime talent than their C corp and the W do also with Terry,
Rakell and Silfverberg all closer to prime than all the
C but Henrique. So we'll see I guess.

Getzlaf has always been a player with his goals to assist ratio heavily weighted on assists. He's not the player he was 2-3 years ago but he's still a quality center. Henrique's waiving had more to do with his contract than his play, although his numbers are up this year. The whole team is playing better. Is it sustainable? I'm not sure. But if I had to look at where Anaheim is weak, it's on the wing. Comtois was expected to pick up where he left off last year (when he was arguably their best F down the stretch), but he's been terrible.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Getzlaf has always been a player with his goals to assist ratio heavily weighted on assists. He's not the player he was 2-3 years ago but he's still a quality center. Henrique's waiving had more to do with his contract than his play, although his numbers are up this year. The whole team is playing better. Is it sustainable? I'm not sure. But if I had to look at where Anaheim is weak, it's on the wing. Comtois was expected to pick up where he left off last year (when he was arguably their best F down the stretch), but he's been terrible.

Milano has played well with Zegras so far, however like I said if Zegras and Lundestrom breakout I''ll definitely revise my opinion.

Rakell, Silferberg and Terry are legit
top 6W. Getzlaff has regressed a decent amount from prime. Terry at a sustainable pace and you can take off
5-6 apples from Getzlaf. Terry is by a significant factor
the best F on Anaheim.

Reactions: BruinDust

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think Anaheim will sell at least some of those assets despite the decent start. It would be the smart thing to do. They look like the 2016 Bruins that needed to sell Eriksson but didn't.

Anaheim D corp is a lot better than 2015-16 Boston's.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Milano has played well with Zegras so far, however like I said if Zegras and Lundestrom breakout I''ll definitely revise my opinion.

Rakell, Silferberg and Terry are legit
top 6W. Getzlaff has regressed a decent amount from prime. Terry at a sustainable pace and you can take off
5-6 apples from Getzlaf. Terry is by a significant factor
the best F on Anaheim.

Terry looks like the real deal. Rakell and Silfverberg are solid players. Overall their forward group may have trouble scoring later in the season as games get tighter.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They are playing good hockey but no they aren’t better than than the Bruins.

If they met in a 7 game series today its close to a toss up.
I'll take Gibson over Swayman or Ullmark, no doubt.
I'll give a slight edge on D to Anaheim and the forwards
an edge to Boston. However, if Terry and Zegras breakout this year it becomes pretty close to a wash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad